The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Serris, f-22, and an Admin

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hey guys, for the longest time this image was on Wikipedia demonstrating a play-by-post role-playing game. (Here's
Here's what it's supposed to look like.)

It was deleted for the following reasons:

It says that permission has been granted but there is no OTRS ticket. I'm also wondering if it wouldn't also be necessary to obtain permission from "Raptor" Ace and LettuceBacon&Tomato since they wrote a significant part of the text.

So, to get it reinstated, I need Serris, myself, and F-22 to post permission to have their words used. I might possibly need an admin to give permission to use Gang of Five posts in a Wikipedia image.

I give permission. So if you two could just post your permission below...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You have our permission to use Gang of Five posts, so long they are not harmful in any way :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I second that, but as you have done, everyone should always ask the others who have posted for their permission :yes

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Pemission is granted.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hey, guys, this is what the admin wrote:

Files need to be available under a licence which allows you to do almost anything with the image. Basically, it needs to comply with the definition at freedomdefined:Definition. Normally, this is handled by making the image available under a specific free licence such as the GNU Free Documentation Licence or the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licence, which fulfil all of the requirements in the definition.
"Mumbling" wrote: "You have our permission to use Gang of Five posts, so long they are not harmful in any way." Many people regard JSLint as having a too restricted licence because the software licence states that the software only may be used for good but not for evil, and the part about "harmful" things looks restricted in the same way.
Other people simply wrote that they give permission. What do they give permission to? Using the image under the licence specified by the uploader, or only for hosting it on Wikipedia? (Hint: The former is what is needed.)

So.... I guess first thing, you all need to be more specific as to what exactly you're giving me permission to do with the image.

It looks like I need you to post "I give Ye Olde Luke permission to use the image under the license specified by the uploader." (I'm choosing the  GNU Free Documentation Liscence). FYI 'Ye Olde Luke' is my Wikipedia username and I will also be the uploader (unless the admin has to reupload the page).

And Mumbling, while your addendum seems logical to me, the problem is that it restricts the image in such a way that Wikipedia will not allow the image's use. I need (and Wikipedia needs) full permission to use the image in any way that seems fit (though I assure you I will only be using it to provide an illustration to the page "Play-by-post roleplaying game" and possibly "Online text-based roleplaying game" and "role-playing game". Also your statement should only apply to this image, not to any future images taken from the Gang Of Five.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In that case, I give Ye Olde Luke permission to use the image under the license specified by the uploader.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I give Ye Olde Luke permission to use the image (and that image only) under the license specified by the uploader.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I give Ye Olde Luke permission to use the image under the license specified by the uploader.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Thanks for your support guys. The image has been reuploaded here, and I believe I sourced everything correctly. If somebody has a problem, I may have to revive this topic, but for now I think we are good. :)

EDIT: The image has been converted to PNG format. Please disregard the above ink and use this one.