The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic Park : Operation Genesis

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aw man, so there was this game released way back in 2003 called Jurassic Park : Operation Genesis ; one of them Park Building type of games - obviously tied in with the Jurassic Park films!  :DD

Aw man, it's a pretty cool game! As I said : You choose a randomized island, and build your park on it, create your Dinosaurs, and open the park to the public and watch as the tourists come flocking in.

You start off with a relatively small selection of Dinosaurs - 2-3 - but over time, you get to unlock Dig-Sites, where you can go out and collect Dinosaur Bones and extract their DNA! In this way, you can unlock more Dinosaurs, in addition to expanding their lifespan.

You've got four different types of visitors ; The Mainstreamers(who are perfectly happy and content just seeing DINOSAURS), the Fun Lovers(Herbivore Fans), Thrill Seekers(Carnivore Fans) and Dino Nerds(the pickiest of the group : likes authenticity, such as seeing Dinosaurs from the same time period).

And of course, you've got your necessities : Restaurants and Bathrooms! :DD

There are also different upgrades you can research too : Cash Machines and Umbrella's for your visitors ; more buildings and attractions, vaccines because your Dinosaurs WILL get sick, among other things.

The goal for the game is relatively simple : Earn a Five-Star rating for your park! And make sure your visitors aren't eaten by your Dinosaurs should they break out of their fences. :DD

... Tornadoes are also a hazard too, so watch out for those.  :wow

So, who else has heard of this game? I own the PS2 and PC versions - prefer the PC. You can make certain... Modifications on PC.  :smile

But aw man! I've actually discovered that this game, while it has a very passionate playerbase, was actually quite elusive, so there weren't that many people to have gotten their hands on this little game.

If you go onto Ebay and the like, you might find the game running from around 20 dollars up to a hundred.

On a funny sidenote, I suppose you could say this game unintentionally predicted that there WOULD be a Dinosaur Theme Park opened to the public - except this new theme park has introduced the notion of Hybrids, and is under a different company, in addition to sporting the name Jurassic World. :DD

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I played the game once it wasn't that bad of a game. It had cool levels and senses. I did like the game somewhat.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This game was my life back when I was young'un! I used to play it all the time after school and on weekends. I loved and hated doing that one mission where you have to kill all the rampaging predatory dinosaurs. Them heli controls  :lol. Twisters were the worst. They always went for the fences :bang.
I think I still have my copy somewhere, just no computer to play it on.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
In middle school I had to choose between this and Dino Defender, they were both in the sale bin at TJ Maxx and I picked Dino Defender because it came bundled with its sequel Danger Zone. However, I sank hundreds of hours into both of those games so I'm not too fussed with my decision.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I want a Jurassic World remake of this game so badly... With Mosasaurusium and everything. :(

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Mar 1 2017 on  03:41 PM
In middle school I had to choose between this and Dino Defender, they were both in the sale bin at TJ Maxx and I picked Dino Defender because it came bundled with its sequel Danger Zone. However, I sank hundreds of hours into both of those games so I'm not too fussed with my decision.
Rush of NOSTALGIA! I totally forgot about both of those games! I sunk many hours trying to unlock all of the printable dino cards in Dino Defender.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Mar 1 2017 on  08:31 PM
Rush of NOSTALGIA! I totally forgot about both of those games! I sunk many hours trying to unlock all of the printable dino cards in Dino Defender.
WOW, me too!
I don't think I had Dino Defender, but I DID have Danger Zone.
I also had Scan Command and Dinosaur Battles - basically the same thing as Scan Command, minus the bar-code scanner.  :DD

I'm still hoping that they'll make a Jurassic World : Operation Genesis myself...!
... They'd have to wait until Jurassic World became a trilogy though - assuming that's their intention to make a trilogy. ^^

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sure if the sequel does well we could see a third movie

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Mar 1 2017 on  09:14 PM
WOW, me too!
I also had Scan Command and Dinosaur Battles - basically the same thing as Scan Command, minus the bar-code scanner.  :DD

I'm still hoping that they'll make a Jurassic World : Operation Genesis myself...!
... They'd have to wait until Jurassic World became a trilogy though - assuming that's their intention to make a trilogy. ^^
Dinosaur Battles! Had that one too! I always wanted Scan Command: Jurassic Park but my mom got me Dinosaur Battles instead. Loved it though!
A Jurassic World: Operation Genesis would be awesome.
Supposedly Jurassic World will be a trilogy.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Fans of it are actually making a spiritual sequel called Prehistoric Kingdom, with dozens of species, islands miles wide, animals from all prehistoric eras, and high levels of accuracy. Its demo will be out within three months.
I LOVED this game when I was little. I would literally spends hours playing it. I still have it. It's still my favorite game.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Mar 1 2017 on  10:19 PM
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Mar 1 2017 on  09:14 PM
WOW, me too!

Dinosaur Battles! Had that one too! I always wanted Scan Command: Jurassic Park but my mom got me Dinosaur Battles instead. Loved it though!
A Jurassic World: Operation Genesis would be awesome.
Supposedly Jurassic World will be a trilogy.
Dinosaur Battles and Scan Command, as I said, were pretty much the same thing, minus scanning barcodes in stores with the scanner.  :DD

I REALLY preferred Dinosaur Battles - the idea behind Scan Command was REALLY cool, but... The scanner wasn't exactly the best working? Most of the time it didn't work - and you ABSOLUTELY NEEDED the DNA from scanning the barcodes to make your Dinosaurs stronger? While it was an interesting idea, I felt was kinda poorly implemented?

I've heard of Prehistoric Kingdom, actually - does sound like an interest thing.
Another Dinosaur game that I'm interested in is The ArchoTek Project - I made a thread about it! You should check it out!  :DD

MF217

• 밀레 시안
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://mf217.deviantart.com/
I have both the PC and PS2 versions of the game. Often times I mod my PC copy to restrict myself to 3 dig sites just like what the PS2 version has, if merely because none of the campaigns in the whole game require you to have more than 3 dig sites at any given time. Often times when I make parks with just 3 dig sites used, I often use solely the Jurassic Period dig sites because of the fact A: the title Jurassic Park, and B: all of the Jurassic Period dig sites give you very popular animals to make use of.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
MF217
SW-2833-1633-8314
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on various games for the 3DS or Switch please.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MightyFan217,Mar 5 2017 on  02:07 PM
I have both the PC and PS2 versions of the game. Often times I mod my PC copy to restrict myself to 3 dig sites just like what the PS2 version has, if merely because none of the campaigns in the whole game require you to have more than 3 dig sites at any given time. Often times when I make parks with just 3 dig sites used, I often use solely the Jurassic Period dig sites because of the fact A: the title Jurassic Park, and B: all of the Jurassic Period dig sites give you very popular animals to make use of.
Cripes! Digimon World! That's another game!  :wow

Anyhoo! :DD
Ehh, I'm the person who just unlocks ALL the dig sites. I've been using the Jurassic Period dinosaurs myself, though I haven't yet reached the 5 stars. :DD

Yes! I would say that it's VERY good! Though I'm not entirely certain I would pay a hundred dollars for it?
I got it at the Store when it came out - a lot of peeps on Ebay sell it for a heck of a lot more.