The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why I like ALL the Star Wars franchise

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Alright, let me say this. I need to make something clear. I FREAKING LOVE the Star Wars Movies. But, oh my god, dare I say it? Should I risk provoking a lynch-mob? Do I dare open a can of worms so massive that it could tear apart the very fabric of the universe? I think I will. I. Like. ALL. The Star Wars Movies.
That's right. I love every single Star Wars movie. I grew up with them, and I consider them my favorite movies. And you know what, it doesn't matter if you hate them. It doesn't matter if you think I shouldn't. It doesn't matter if parts are no longer canon. Its my personal opinion. You have no right to tell me I should or should not like a certain movie. If you say its bad, then that's your opinion, and I respect that. I am sorry you feel your childhood was ruined by the Prequels. But to be honest, you're ruining my childhood by continuously spewing your anger about it. They came out years ago, just let it go. If you think they're bad movies, just chalk them up to just that. Enjoy the movies you like, but I beg you to let me enjoy the movies I like.
This is not directed at anyone here. I mean no offense in any way. This was a rant because someone literally told me I deserved to die for daring to voice my enjoyment of all Star Wars media. I am sorry, but if you believe that, then you had no childhood worth killing. To ALL Star Wars fans, I am glad we all can enjoy the same original Star Wars trilogy. While we may disagree on the prequels and the sequels, I believe we can at least all take consolation in the fact that we loved such classics as A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.
Also, let me clarify I love the originals more then the other two trilogies. Their superior. However, I still enjoy the prequels and sequels. I like them because I love everything Star Wars. All I ask is to be allowed to enjoy all of it.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Very good point you've made here. I've seen all the Star Wars films too and while I agree that the prequels may not exactly hold up compared to the original trilogy, they still have their merits. I think Revenge of the Sith is the best prequel, as do many others.                                 While I hold the original trilogy in very high regard, I greatly enjoyed The Force Awakens and I believe the sequel trilogy will hold up well to the original trilogy.

And as for anyone trying to spite you for liking all the Star Wars films, don't pay any attention to them. They may be vocal, but they are unwilling to consider how others feel about SW films other than the original trilogy. The prequels may not hold a candle to the originals to them, but that is a matter of taste and judgement. Go on and enjoy what you deem worthy to watch. Judging a work that is not the original to be good is a positive attitude towards entertainment.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's treason, then.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol In any case, I didn't know this was that serious of an issue. It shouldn't be that unbelievable that people like the prequels but apparently this dispute is quite polarized. The prequels weren't that bad but in the end, Star Wars has never been my passion to that degree. I, too, grew up with them and I've liked each of the six older ones since I've been young but for some reason, they've only stayed in the category of nice, entertaining films. Maybe it's because of that detail that I don't see the prequels as "insulting" the original trilogy.