The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56611

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure there are some bounds in there somewhere  :PCera
You're welcome and no worries. Like I said, a lot of extensions have been given out in the past. Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to draw something small myself so an extension would be nice as I have a lot to do  :sducky
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Right I remember you said you might join in on this one. Would be great to see you participate as well!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cool! I made a lil' something but I don't think I can get it finished due to my physical problems. Might submit it later this year if things finally go my way :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
While all of us are trying to get our prompts finished, I'll put up the new one for anyone looking to get started on it.

Nov/Dec
One Word Prompt: Humanization
Descriptive Prompt: Haven't you all been wondering what the Gang would look like in our human world? For this prompt, it is your task to design as many LBT characters as you want in a human form. Let's get creative! 

I'm going to be completely honest, I have no motivation for this prompt. For those who might not be aware though, each prompt has a substitute option that you can opt to do instead of the current prompt, which is:

You can draw a scene of your choice from any previous entry to the Fanfiction prompt challenge, or from the ongoing "LBT Roleplay in the style of the original movie" RP, found in the Land Before Time RPG section.

It came up as a prompt idea but there were concerns about if it has to be the current fanfiction prompt and people may still be writing it, also some people aren't into the fanfiction side of things as well. So the idea was in place to leave it as a permanent option. Might try and go this route for this one.

Good luck for anyone trying this one as you'd be way more creative then me!

Cool! I made a lil' something but I don't think I can get it finished due to my physical problems. Might submit it later this year if things finally go my way :)
I mentioned this to you on Discord already, but due to issues with your thumb, if you still want to slowly work on the prompt and finish it later then I'm fine with that! :smile Just don't work it too hard.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been the one to squeeze the humanization prompt in so I've GOTTA join that one xD

I hope that I can submit my drawing within a week. I'm not planning to make it big or coloured, might go for pencil only and try some shading, we'll see :)

EDIT: I was talking about the previous prompt here

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm hoping to get mine done by the end of this week as well. Managed to finally get an idea for the background so I just need to work that out then I'm good.

Wow you go and say this then show us all up by having it done faster then any of us  :PCera

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow you go and say this then show us all up by having it done faster then any of us  :PCera
I regret the use of my thumb last weekend, it's really been acting up the last few days. Always when I think it is getting better I instantly overwork it :( But at least I got it done. Worth it? :P

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I think only you can decide if it was worth it as you have to live with the consequences, but I appreciate the sacrifice :p

Take a good long break now!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Can we warp the prompt a little and focus on the first bit?

Haven't you all been wondering what the Gang would look like in our human world?

I'm no good with drawing humans, but would enjoy drawing the dinosaurs among humans/in our civilization.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hmm, I wouldn't mind allowing that to be honest although I will definitely go for the humanization, personally :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Considering I just did the same thing I'd say you're good to do that. Always good to have different options or interpretations of a prompt I think!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I might pass on the Hurt/Fear prompt. My drawing did not turn out the way I wanted at all, and I don't have the mental energy right now to try and re-do it. Sorry. :(

I'll try again for next time, though.

Edit: Actually, this might be salvageable. If I have time tomorrow I may give it another go.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:37:51 AM by StardustSoldier »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's always demoralizing when a drawing goes south. Hope you can recover as I'd love to see what you've come up with!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Yeah, if you can recover it I'll be happy to see what you've got! :) It would be a shame to have it all go to waste!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I concur with the consensus here. It would be cool to see your fanart, especially since it’d be the first one we would all be witnessing. :D

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'm about to head to bed, but after I've had some rest I'll give it another go.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mine is slowly coming along. I had to do a few changes though since I couldn't draw certain thins without a reference picture  :facepalm

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, time for the prompt list for 2020! Thanks to Iris for coming up with so many good ones!  :)littlefoot

Jan/Feb: Villains off-duty: Sharptooth just had a lovely meal. What is he going to do in his time off? (Other villains also welcome)

Mar/Apr: Crossover: Let your mind wander to another show or video game. Which characters will the gang meet there or create a scene of what game you would like to see with LBT characters.

May/June: Comic: Create a short comic/graphic novel strip to depict a scene or short story, whether it's your own re-imagining from the movies, a part from a fanfic (make sure to get permission first), or your own custom story!

July/Aug: Book cover: Create a book cover for your favorite book, with LBT characters! Alternatively: draw a cover for a LBT fanfic (make sure to ask the author for permission first)!

Sept/Oct: Stuck in school: The school year has started again and Mr. Thicknose has created such interesting lessons. Draw the characters in a school situation.

Nov/Dec: Unlikely friendship: Which two characters would likely never get along? In your imagination, they are bffs!

And as always, you can instead opt to do this prompt instead for any of them: You can draw a scene of your choice from any previous entry to the Fanfiction prompt challenge, or from the ongoing "LBT Roleplay in the style of the original movie" RP, found in the Land Before Time RPG section.

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww no return of the OC prompt. But dang these are amazing :DD