The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species 2.0?

rhombus · 261 · 39779

Poll

Which of these options do you favor?

Everyone coincidentally—probably because of the multiple screams—conjugate together at Chomper's sleeping spot (where Ruby has just noticed Chomper) and meet each other for the first time there. This is similar to the Seven Hunters meetup.
1 (16.7%)
A bunch of small initial meetups first (eg. Ducky with Petrie, etc) that will eventually result in every separate group of the gang coming together after the pairs/threes understand their scenario.
1 (16.7%)
Mother flyer is convinced of Petrie's transformation and this eventually leads her to helping to find the groups of changed children.
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 20, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I prefer the non flyer idea but without anyone turning into a sharptooth species. One would have to consider how to handle Chomper though. Would he be affected as well? Would he turn into a leafeater or stay as he is? Reasons?

(Also did not vote in the poll)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:17:15 AM by Ducky123 »
Inactive, probably forever.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I, uh, am 50-50 on it. Eventually voted for the non-flyer one for variety's sake. Perhaps just a simple species swap w/o sharptooths being involved?

I mean, don't get me wrong, the flyer idea is great but would probably need some work on to make it viable and iron out the kinks. I might change the vote if I get 100 sold on it. Interestingly, said idea would actually put the one who does Petrie in a unique position, since he already is a flyer, so his change won't be as drastic as the others. Which means... well, what? Will the panicky acrophobic flyer have to lead the others? :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I was actually kinda split on this, since I’d be very eager to see how the gang would learn to adapt as flyers, as well as all the possibilities that can come with that scenario. However, I did end up choosing the non-flyer option to have as broad of a storyline as possible, but if we came up with an interesting enough storyline for the flyer option, I just might be tempted. :P
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, the mixed idea has failed to get a consensus, so please bear with me a moment as I type up an idea that incorporates the feedback thus far.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@DarkWolf91 @vonboy @jassy @Sovereign @Sneak @OwlsCantRead @Littlefoot505

Ducky and I were talking in Discord and we might have a new idea that takes into account what has been suggested thus far.  How about:

The rainbowfaces make a prophecy that if the tensions among the herds is not resolved then their children will be turned into different kinds as a symbol of their discord.  And if that happens then the children will have to cooperate and embark on a long journey to prove that harmony is possible if they ever want to change back into what they once were.  Unfortunately for the kids, the adults do not work out their issues and the kids pay the price.  Now burdened with a new adventure that none of them could have expected, the gang must venture forth to create a new future for them all.  But will they succeed in their journey and gain the option to return to how they were?  And if they do, will they want to go back?

Littlefoot becomes a T Rex
Chomper becomes a longneck
Ducky becomes a flyer
Petrie becomes a swimmer
Spike becomes something else (randomly determined?)
Cera becomes something else (randomly determined?)
Ruby ??? (stay the same, change, if so into what?)

Please vote so that we can find out if this is a plot we can built upon or if we should start again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:43:25 PM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh heh heh heh heh... I really like this one. Reminds me of the splintered teamwork and trust required from all of the first movie.

I see that the adults are arguing over nonsense again. I mean, it does make the rainbowfaces look bad but I think by this point they can do whatever they want :Mo
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ooh, I really like  with this idea! There’s a lot of possible directions it could go in, especially with the variety in species. I’m down  :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Things I don't like very much (it's not the same with dislike ;) ) about this idea is:

- Rainbowfaces are involved again... Maybe we can handle without them? :D
- Srsl? Innocent children pay for sins of other dinosaurs? Who/what forces exactly changed their species? If Rainbowfaces themselves - then I hope Sharptooth-Littlefoot would eat them at last!

And I would like to see if the most of children WANT to change back.

Also, logic with "children will be turned into different kinds as a symbol of their discord" is not very clear. Why does Chomper turn into Longneck for example? And Litt'efoot's relatives somehow was able to start conflict with sharpteeth inside the valley?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:28:19 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Because the plot demands it!!! :D

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The transformations look certainly solid but I agree with the points Sneak raised. LBT has supernatural stuff besides the rainbowfaces like the common dreams of longnecks and possibly the bad luck so there could be options in addition to using them again. I have nothing against the rainbowfaces but they're kinda overused in these kinds of stories. In addition, I don't see those two playing with the lives of others like that (that also bothers me a bit in A Wish Granted) so maybe the plot could be revised a bit.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, so it looks like we have a consensus on the general plot idea but some misgivings on the contrived plot device that changes the kids.  So let's quantify what I think a consensus has been reached on:

It seems we have a consensus on this:  [some plot device] warns that if the tensions among the herds is not resolved then their children will be turned into different kinds as a symbol of their discord.  And if that happens then the children will have to cooperate and embark on a long journey to prove that harmony is possible if they ever want to change back into what they once were.  Unfortunately for the kids, the adults do not work out their issues and the kids pay the price.  Now burdened with a new adventure that none of them could have expected, the gang must venture forth to create a new future for them all.  But will they succeed in their journey and gain the option to return to how they were?  And if they do, will they want to go back?

Littlefoot becomes a T Rex
Chomper becomes a longneck
Ducky becomes a flyer
Petrie becomes a swimmer
Spike becomes something else (randomly determined?)
Cera becomes something else (randomly determined?)
Ruby ??? (stay the same, change, if so into what?)

So what we need to determine now is what the random plot device is that manifests the change and what Spike, Cera, and Ruby should turn into.  I am curious to hear everyone's ideas on those points.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:49:25 PM by rhombus »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if we wanted to go for something akin to the LBT 10 dreams, I'd certainly support it :) The rainbowface idea was smth I came up with on the spot after all so it ought to be premature in some ways.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if we wanted to go for something akin to the LBT 10 dreams, I'd certainly support it :) The rainbowface idea was smth I came up with on the spot after all so it ought to be premature in some ways.

Could it be Sharptooth trolling from the grave? :p  In all seriousness though, something like a dream to make the instrument of the kid's change a mystery would add some drama to the RP.  It would add a "who done it" aspect to the story as well.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
*random plot device* :Mo
I snickered at that, I'll admit.

Honestly, dreams are fine by me. LBT already has a bit of supernatural in it anyway, so why not heap some ancient dreamy prophecy in there and cartwheel it away. :lol
(above statement might have been a tad too sarcastic, but I really do feel this way)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
hehe, I would like to include some detective/mystery plot about finding out why their species were changed and who is responsible. And it gives a perfect chance to exclude Rainbowfaces I think, since rainbowfaces aren't responsible in this, though they can be a suspects at some time...

Yeah, since there were something supernatural in LBT1 and LBT10 I guess, some dreams, "heart vision", ghosts, or something else can be involved into story as part of main plot.  I think...

And silly me, I reread Rhombus's text about why exactly gang was affected by this "curse", and relaized I possibly misunderstood it. XD
Two question:
- Is there a logic why Littlefoot turns EXACTLY into T-Rex species, and Chomper into longneck? What exactly symbolic meaning of adults' discord is?
- Chomper is affected just because he was at the valley at the wrong time? In logic, he can't be affected because of discord in some society of dinosaurs, where no single member of his kind except of Chomper himself lives in the valley. The same story with Ruby, I guess.

Hmm, we need to work with it.

Could it be Sharptooth trolling from the grave?

I wish... :3

---

EDIT:

Waaaait a second...
There was another poll closed yesterday??? Oo
I didn't know. Was there an announcement?
(and why on second page? There's only one page in this topic)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:17:02 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
hehe, I would like to include some detective/mystery plot about finding out why their species were changed and who is responsible. And it gives a perfect chance to exclude Rainbowfaces I think, since rainbowfaces aren't responsible in this, though they can be a suspects at some time...
I'm a fan of intrigue and mystery, so this I would be down for.

Although it'll certainly be tough to pull a whodunnit with a RP. On paper, the idea and concept sounds awesome, but in execution... I suspect every RPer will turn the mystery even more unsolvable than a locked-door murder mystery with contradictions. :P It might still be possible to pull off, but it'd require a certain level of coordination.

Waaaait a second...
There was another poll closed yesterday??? Oo
I didn't know. Was there an announcement?
(and why on second page? There's only one page in this topic)
I think this was the switch from the flyer idea to the current one? Might be mistaken.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
- Is there a logic why Littlefoot turns EXACTLY into T-Rex species, and Chomper into longneck? What exactly symbolic meaning of adults' discord is?

I think that would serve more as a way for Littlefoot and Chomper to be in each other's shoes. Same with ducky and Petrie flipping species.

For a compromise, I'm liking this idea. My guess is Spike could be a sharptooth species that would primarily fish for his food, Like Sol from Fyn's fanfiction story. Sorry, not up and up on my dinosaur species. :P

When are we gonna start reserving characters? Everyone probably knows who I would wanna play anyway. :P
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@vonboy

I think that we will begin to reserve characters as soon as the final few details are worked out.  And I do agree with your Spike idea.  He might do well as a bellydragger as that would suit his personality.  I would just feel sorry for all of the fish that will meet their doom through Spike.  :SmugSpike  He could probably wipe out a pond in one sitting.  :p

@Sneak

There was no real official end to the poll.  It was just apparent from the three who voted and everyone who commented that the revised idea had broad support as a starting point.  And Vaughn covered the reasoning behind the species changes quite well in his answer.

@Ducky123 @DarkWolf91 @Sovereign @OwlsCantRead @jassy  (and everyone else who I already mentioned in this topic)

Perhaps we could have Spike change into a bellydragger, as has been suggested, and perhaps Cera turn into something that challenges her previous lifestyle as the gang's tank and makes her more vulnerable?  Perhaps she could become a member of Guido's species - Microraptor gui?  Don't worry I am sure Cera would shut down any romantic overtures really quick.  :p  Some other options that come to mind might be a fastrunner or whatever Wild Arms was.

As for Ruby... what does everyone think about her becoming a threehorn?

The other thing that we need to work out is the exact mechanism that changes the gang.  Perhaps we could have the situation explained as a dream and leave the exact cause hidden for now?

I think once we have these matters worked out then we can pick out our desired characters.   :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Haha I don't know about that, Guido's quite the charmer, she might not be able to resist him :lol
I do like the three main ideas put out so far, but maybe spike might be funnier as some sort of sharptooth flyer? That way he'd have to worry about not being able to fly if he ate too much :SmugSpike
Though I'm happy with the bellydragger idea too, heheh.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I really like the idea of Cera being a microraptor! Just imagine her puffing up her little feathers whenever she gets angry  :lol The idea of Spike being a bellydragger also appeals to me, and as for Ruby being a threehorn...I’d love to see the wild trip that would be.  :DD