The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally got some measurable snowfall here in Vermont... and I was once again reminded why I don't like being outside when it's snowing (especially if I need to walk somewhere and the wind is blowing in my face).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here today it was mostly cloudy, cold to me and very very windy with gusts.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got some freezing rain last night that led to an accumulation of ice. The class that I supposed to have yesterday evening was cancelled because of it, and I could easily see why. The paths were so icy and slippery that I had to walk through the snow and mud to the side of them just to get any traction. (I honestly wasn't surprised when I saw people slipping and falling on the icy paths. :lol ) Fortunately, the ice had almost completely melted away before the first class of this morning.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like tomorrow (Sunday) is going to be slightly cooler than it's been for that last few days. The daytime temperature will be just below 80F here in Vermont. Of course, I shouldn't be complaining about the heat, considering how much hotter most of the country has been. From what I've heard, only the northwest and northeast corners of the U.S. (states like Washington and those in New England) haven't been affected by the heat wave.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was bright sunny and in the mid to upper 90's Fahrenheit.  We do have a daily chance of rain for the next week or so.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
The past week, it's been above the hundreds, but thanks to the rain, it decreased to high seventies.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last Friday was surprisingly warm, around 75F, compared to around the 40s and lower 50s on most other days this month.

After spending all winter complaining about how cold my room always seemed to get, I suddenly had to deal with my room getting too hot instead, but that only lasted for two days before plunging back to cold on Sunday. :wacko  Sure would be nice to have a little consistency.

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we had around 25?C / 72?F today, but meteorologists say that the temperature will fall to 6?C/ 42?F on Saturday  :huh: That's strange! But since I have some knowledge about weather and meteorology in general I can see, where they are coming from ;)
That temperature drop will cause some rain, thunderstorms are quite possible.
If anyone here has any questions concerning meteology or the current weather feel free to ask me :=)
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We had nearly a week of unseasonably cool temperatures for August, with the highs not exceeding 78?F and moderate rainfall every other day.  Unfortunately, this cool spell seems to be coming to an end.  Today the temperature got up to 88 ?F and there are now 90s in the extended forecast.  

Oh well, I guess I cannot complain.  At least we no longer have the severe drought and 100+ temperatures that we had this time last year.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa! 78?F is not bad if you live in Germany :lol and 100's haven't been recorded over here yet I think... I only know our record in ?C ... 40.8?C
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually 40C would be 104F :)

It's darn hot here. It's just 24C (75F) outside, but the apartment is boiling. I think we're at least at 32C (90F) inside.

PS: Easy converter: http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's hot here today. Thank god I live in a country that has Air conditioning. It's about 88 degrees right now. Lucky I'm inside keeping cool.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hot this week, up in the 90's (Farenheit) I'd say about 28 degrees Celcius (I am in no way an expert on Celcius so if this is wrong I wouldn't be surprised :lol)
Weird because last week was actually the tipping point of being quite chilly
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Been a fairly cool summer these past few days, getting into the upper 90's only.  Been a week or so since it was last 100.  Though with the heat index it feels hotter then it is.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's been cooling down a bit here, but the temperature is rising again. I'm really hoping we get some rain. I can see the clouds and here the thunder, but no precipitation. Why must wet weather avoid the area in which I live?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's gonna be nice today. I think we're getting some rain today.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As predicted by the extended forecast from last week, the temperatures over here have increased into the mid-90s.  It looks like that my next trip to the Du Quoin state fair is going to be on the hot side, but at least the humidity is somewhat reasonable.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The high today only got up to the mid 90's so been cooler then usual today.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Weather seems to have been rather consistent this summer. Temperatures typically in the mid 80s F, some days would reach lower 90s, then after a day or two of thunderstorms would drop to the upper 70s, then a few days later return to the 80s. The air conditioner in my room has been able to keep me comfortable. A rather surprising improvement from last year is that I'm getter far fewer bugs in my room. Must be due to the cardboard scraps I taped up around the air conditioner to cover up any potential gaps.

- Berix