The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blanking the Slate

Serris · 921 · 84259

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily pushed past Tony, barely even registering his presence. She had more important things to worry about.

She saw Flora's and Axel's silhouettes recede from the outside of the hotel. It was none of her business, but something was warning her that Flora's actions were off. And what would she want with Axel?

"Lily..." Emilena called out sternly as she turned the doorknob. Lily flashed an angry at the vixen. "Is that any way to treat an old friend? How about say hello to Tony, and leave those two alone?"

Lily balled her fists, remembering she promised Emilena she wouldn't bother Axel, but not caring now that he was keeping secrets. "Hello Tony," she spat, slamming the door behind her and marching into the street. Emilena sighed and gave Tony a knowing look.

Meanwhile, in the back room Black wasn't having any of Marita's threats. "You think you can scare me?" he sneered. "I'm rich. I can handle any scandal, bring it on. Fuck my wife, I'll just get another. You better let me go, or things will not end well for you." He spat in her face. "I've crushed criminal scum scarier than you. I have druglords and cartels that bend over backwards to please me because I'm the only reason they're allowed to live and they know it." His eyes bore into hers, and he smiled fearlessly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The 'I 've got chunks of punks like you in my stool' defense huh/ Marita said. Mr black, simply put no amount of money can buy you out of the trouble we can cause you. And you know how easy RICO allows for crimes to pile up, along with fines and consecutive terms. then there's obstruction of justice, witness tampering, destruction of evidence, and so on. Money Laundering, in your case.. Why else is the contraband locker in your station empt? Anyway Once you have to pay lawyers fees, and  court fines, you won't BE rich. Not to mention all the lawsuits from any infected women and men coming out of the woodwork, once your STD becomes public knowledge. So .. I'd suggest your cooperate.. unless you want you face on every tv screen in town in the next 6 hours.' Marita said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soren looked utterly unimpressed. "You really think your creds can help you out?"

He leaned in close to Black's face. "I know quite a few people who've been burned by you and would like to have your balls mounted as a trophy." Black didn't know it, but Soren's threat was only half-true. He personally didn't know anyone who was willing to hunt him down but he was certain that Anne had quite enough underworld contacts to make it the case.

Black chuckled. "You, deal with the shitstains of society? The contract killers, organized crime enforcers and worse? Don't make me laugh! You didn't even have the balls to go and kidnap me yourself!"

Soren also held up his smartphone with the Black household's address and the deactivation code for his alarm and showed it to Black. "Also, take a good look at this. Recognize that? If you don't want your house's address, alarm code and GPS coordinates uploaded to the Internet and plastered all over Seryet's TV screens where everyone and anyone can find them, you'll cooperate with us."

The Human leaned back in his chair and sipped his glass of water. "Make your choice."

-----------

Anne nickered as she opened the bag to reveal a veggie burger. "Thanks! Truth be told, I've been doing some black market electronics trading since Lanthae."

She took a bite of the burger. "But anyways, I've been just fine." She turned to the closed door. "Soren and the gals are having a chat with our 'guest'. Might be a while before they get done."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily followed the duo as closely as she dared. Flora and Axel were ambling into the alleyway across the street. Lily waited impatiently for the crosswalk light to change, then pursed her lips and raced across the street when it was clearly abandoned this late at night.

Finally she was getting in range to hear what was being said. "...I am just so sick of this shit..." Axel griped. "The fuck this even has to do with me?"

"I don't know, but just do it and then we can both put it behind us," Flora urged.

"Doesn't even make sense though," he protested. "What would that do?"

"I don't know and I don't care," Flora countered. "Why do you care?"

Axel grumbled. "...fine." He threw his hands in the air. "And when pray tell is this going down?"

"Right now." Lily heard her own voice behind her. Whirling around, she felt something stab into her sternum, punching through the bone and directly into her heart. She had only a moment to glimpse a mirror image of herself holding a massive syringe before the tranquilizer hit her like a load of bricks. "Quickly!" her doppelganger snapped, supporting Lily's full weight before she fell over. "Axel! Her body will metabolize it in seconds!"

Axel hesitated. "What the hell is she doing here?" he stammered in alarm.

"She followed you. And she's going to kill all of us if you don't act now!"

Flora was backing up to the far end of the alley. Axel bit his lip and balled his fists at nothing in particular, but finally marched forward and pressed his hands against Lily's temples. Lily felt shocked when he pressed his forehead against hers. She could hear his thoughts, something she hadn't heard since Lanthae.

You're not the real Lily, he thought to her. Do the right thing and just die.

-------------------

Black stewed in his chair. "So you wanted to know what I spend my money on, huh? Well, clearly you know. So I don't know why you're wasting your time. What are you, lobbyists for a secret prostitution super pac?" He glanced at Rose. "Or maybe you're all just hookers. Wouldn't surprise me. Either way, if you're looking for money, maybe we can talk. I might even let you set the price if sugar tits over there wants to get 'friendly.'"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren fumed at the implication he was a prostitute but he tried to keep his face neutral. But the clenched fists gave his mood away. He crossed his arms. "Did yu just try to bribe us to set you free?" He snorted. "You're a fucking riot, you know that?"

The Human pointed to the smartphone in hand. "We want information. Starting with the rather interesting breach in police protocol we've uncovered: no witness names being recorded. I'm friends with a Seryet Norton and they tell me that is not how things are done."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Black grinned. "Maybe we can strike a deal. I'll tell you everything I know but only if the bitch with the big tits sucks me off." He nodded his head at Rose. "She looks like she's got a good mouth. She does that, I'll sing like a canary."

-------------------------

Flora stepped forward tentatively as she regarded the crumpled figure. "Is...is she dead?"

"I don't even get why that worked," Axel muttered folding his arms and glancing at the liquor store across the street.

The alternate Lily, who called herself 'Rose', picked up Lily's body and slung it over her shoulder. "You two share a bond, and always will," she replied to Axel. "It's not love, its not kindred spirit, it's just a byproduct of what happens when a psionic consciousness sacrifices its former body to inhabit a new one. For the few moments in Lanthae where Lily lacked a self, before her mind located her new body, she needed something to keep her existent. A totem to cling to. As I predicted, she picked you."

Axel grunted. "M-hm. So what now? You kill us for knowing too much?"

"Oh no, I keep my promises." Rose began carrying her quarry out of the alleyway. "You two are free to go. Heck, I didn't even offer you money, but you earned three month's salary." She withdrew a credit chip and tossed it on the ground behind her before disappearing around the corner.

Flora exhaled in relief. "Oh thank god. I feel, like, I'm at least 15% more likely to survive this crap without her here." She glanced at Axel, who was staring silently at the spot where Lily used to be. "So, um, you want that credit chip? I'm doing okay. You can have all of it."

Axel sighed and lit a cigarette, then silently walked over to the liquor store.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On two conditions ' Rose said ' first , you wear a condom to protect me from contracting what you have." " alright' Black nodded ' he turned to Soren " you.. go fetch me a condom.." he turned to Rose " what is the other Condition? Let me guess.. creds., how much you want. 100 grand? " 100 grand.. add some more zeroes to that pal " Rose said " fine 1 million creds, I'll line item it. Come on, big boobs, I'm paying you real good cash, and letting you lot live. By rights I should plug the lot of you for this,' Black said, gritting his teeth.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh! Electronics?" Tony asked Anne now. "That's ironically what I trade in! Well... not black market but you know! The legal stuff! Mostly computer hardware! I have my own company now! Kind of based on the old NeXT except it actually does something." Tony chuckled here.

"So yeah..." he glanced at the door now. "That's..." He pricked his ears to try and hear. "Wait... what are they... actually DOING in there?" he asked now, his eyes going wide as he heard some... strange words being uttered.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena yawned. She was extremely tired, but she wanted a few more allies present before she nodded off for the night. With Axel, Lily, and Flora gone the Purifiers had them tied in numbers...

...wait, no, there's Flora. The youth came creeping back through the front door, looking a little troubled. Emilena wondered what had happened between her and Axel but it wasn't really her business. She hoped the rat was still alive and Lily hadn't broken her promise. Something to worry about tomorrow... she thought sleepily, before finally drifting into a dreamless slumber.

In the interrogation room, a nameless Purifier threw Rose a condom from his wallet, curious to see where she was going with this.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anne shrugged as she nibbled on some fries. Her ears pivoted towards the door. She scrunched her muzzle in thought. "I thought they were running an interrogation?"

She then shrugged. "Eh, not our business."

The Shetland Pony sat down on the couch and picked her nails. "Well, most of the electronics I dealt with were not exactly illegal but I didn't acquire them legally. That and the transactions didn't include taxes."

------------

Soren sighed as he put his smartphone away. He scowled as he laid eyes on the group. "I'm going to get something to eat."

He opened the door and closed it before he took off his pillowcase mask. The faint scent of food greeted him as did the sight of Anne and Tony on the sofa.

The Human said nothing as he exited the hotel room.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((all right I'm just gonna move this plot along. I think I got down what we need next.))

Outside, a rather dark looking Lykan HyperSport pulled into the parking lot, the engine shutting off and the diamond studded lights flicking off as the door hissed and smoothly slid upward, a rather bulky looking doberman stepped out, his short cropped black fur blowing ever so slightly in the wind. Narrowing his eyes, he began bounding up the steps to the room, stomping as he threw open the door, causing Tony to jump. "Holy shit! Buller?" he asked in surprise.

Buller was one of the Purifiers' most terrifying interrogators, and was known for having a trigger temper and reacting most brutally to things that weren't going his way. NO doubt SOMEONE in their organization had called him in.

Throwing open the door where Black was being "interrogated", the doberman snarled. "What the fuck is the matter with you pussies?" he snapped angrily at everyone in the room, but his gaze was mostly directly to Aaron and Marcus. "What are you teaching him? Ballet dancing?" He strode forward, shoving anyone who dared get in his way aside, and then violently gripped Black's mouth.

"TELL US WHAT THE FUCK WE WANT TO KNOW! YOU HEAR ME? I'LL RIP YOUR FUCKING JAW OFF AND THEN DEVOUR YOUR FUCKING FACE!" He roared, snapping his jaws right in Black's vision as he put his paws in Black's mouth and began straining his muscles, pulling in opposite directions. A sickening crunch could be heard as Black's jaw began to shatter, splitting open as he tore his mouth asunder.

Black's pleas and thrashing caused Buller to stop, releasing him. "WELL?" he asked.

"I... I..." Black stammered. "It's Methuen! He's an employee at Advanced Marlbrax Robotics! I... I meet him at 4 PM every Thursday in Dobson's Alley! You want answers... he's your guy!" he insisted. Spitting in his face, Buller turned to the room and pointed at the now bloodied mouth of Black.

"See? THAT'S how you fucking do it!" he said, stomping over to the corner, folding his arms across his chest and suddenly becoming an immovable statue.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose took one look at the bloodied and messed up face of black, and turned green.' excuse me ' she said hurriedly and made her way to the bathroom.
_
Metheun, huh" i'll run down whatever info i can dig up on  this guy marita said ' wjat dio we do with Black, now that his face has been smashed in?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marcus scowled. "Congratu-fucking-lations! We were planning on blackmailing him and leaving him intact so we could make a clean getaway!" He then pointed to the mutilated face of Black. "But now, once the cops find this, they'll be on our asses. And I've seen enough on the streets to know that cop-killers usually don't make it to trial."

He shook his head. "Aaron go take Inspector Gadget and our newest 'recruit' and overside this guy's carcass." He then pointed to Marie. "You're helping me clean this shit up."

It was then Soren entered the room with his takeout in hand. "Hey, what have we...DEAR FUCKING SHIT ON A STICK! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GUYS DO TO HIM!?" he exclaimed as he laid eyes on the bloodied couch, as well as some blood spatter on the walls. And Black's mutilated and dead form on the couch. He fought down a wave of nausea as he laid eyes on the gory scene.

He rubbed his forehead. "Damn it..."

It was then Aaron placed a muscular hand on the Human's shoulder. "You, me and the Ferret out have overside duty. Go get him and something to carry this fatass."

--------------

Soren entered the room where Anne and Tony were chatting. He cleared his throat.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
great. Black is dead, and now we have to dispose of his  giant butt' Marita said, scowling as she looked at  the cops dead body. " First things first guys ' Gloves. Cant afford to leave any fingerprints, DNA etc that could link us to him. Thanks to the ' light touch' of Mr Buller here, We  now have 350 pounds of dead cop on our hands.' Go get gloves on.,we dispose of the body, we release some of his dirty laundry, and we pin it on some dude whose girlfriend contracted an STD from him, who  took it out on his face. the whole defending ' the Mrs' honor' from a crooked cop on the take kinda deal." She went over  began typing into her computer.
_
 marie went over and began going through the supplies Anne had brought and come out with some fabric cleaner ' Hopeful;ly this stuff removes blood stains " she sighed, and went over to the wall where the blood had spattered from Blacks broken jaw and cracked neck.
_
 Rose came out from a bathroom, lloooking shaken and pale, she had clearly been throwing up.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Flora and the others in the main room were still staring at the entrance to the interrogation room, the door of which was still hanging open from when Buller had swung it open. "Who...who's the new guy?" Flora asked nervously.

"I don't know, but I hope he sticks around," Emilena remarked, not even bothered at having been woken up. "Sounds like he gets stuff done."

Axel opened the door to the hotel and sipped his new IPA. He looked around, decided he didn't care what was troubling everyone, and silently resumed sitting on the couch staring out the window.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rose entered the other room and sat down on the sofa ' black is dead' she said to the others.' so we're cleaning up the room, and dumping his body somewhere inconspicuous..so.. we have to leave here.. well pretty darn quick..
_
 marita entered the room ' ok, i've released some of Black's dirty laundry and his reputation will soon be shot.. the cops will be going through every corner of his office, for stuff they've been turning a blind eye to. Created an alias of guy named tyrete- girlfriend got infected by black and was rendered infertile because of it. guys had a grudge for a of a long time.. finally snapped.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marcus shrugged. "That'll do. Yeah, we just ruined some guy's life but tough shit."

Aaron returned with a shower curtain and a set of gloves. He threw a set to Soren and Tony. "Here, put these on and help me wrap this guy up!"

Soren donned the gloves and unrolled the shower curtain onto the floor. He then pointed to the bloody couch. "Okay, what do we do with this then?"

The Doberman grabbed the fabric cleaner, gloves and some rags. "You worry about getting rid of this guy's carcass!"

Soren nodded as he helped Aaron lift Black's body onto the plastic shower curtain. He went and grabbed some towels from the bathroom to keep the blood from leaking out of the shower curtain.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena assisted in disposing of Black's body and Flora helped sterilize and clean the apartment, though not without a disgusted look on her face. The fact that she'd slept with this corpse's son a few hours ago did not help her countenance.

"All right, looks like we have a direction," Emilena mentioned after cleanup was done. "We want to visit Black's contact at 4pm on Thursday? We might not even want to reveal ourselves, let's just tail him and see where he goes."

(ooc do we wanna time skip?)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The next two days were a nerve-wracking ordeal with every knock on the door a potential threat But, soon Thursday arrived.

It was early afternoon in the dingy hotel room. Soren and the others were gathered around the disgustingly beat up computer table.

"We got all the intel we need, so how do you guys want to do this?" Soren said as he read over the paper containing the information he had gathered about Dobson's Alley. Thanks to both Axel's knowledge and Marcus's recon missions, he had learned that Dobson's Alley was a rather low-class gay bar in the Oilworks District -- a former heavy industrial zone that had been renovated into an...interesting commercial area/red-light district.

"Why don't we rubber-hose him like we did Black?" Aaron said as he looked at Buller.

"You fucking kidding me!?" Soren slammed his fist on the table. "That guy-" he pointed a finger at the burly Doberman "-left the biggest mess I've seen outside of a Lanthae crime scene!"

Anne sipped from her glass of beer. "I'm not so sure on grabbing him. I mean, what if someone sees us and calls the cops?"

"Okay. You got any ideas?"

Anne nodded. "We follow him...If he has some leads or other stuff. We grab him and do a field interrogation."

Soren rubbed his forehead. "Fine by me."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I'm with Anne," Emilena chimed in. "He'll tell us way more by simply walking home than we'd ever get breaking his kneecaps. Plus that way we can avoid leaving yet another obvious clue regarding the direction of our investigation. Any competent detective would already be suspicious that Black was just removed from the picture; if his contact dies shortly afterward their employer will likely be able to connect the dots."