The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Road to JoTB

Hypno · 50 · 6361

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Hello again. I almost left this, as I begun to lose interest in LBT. I was trying to prove myths in GTA V for the past while, as well as school...but I can't stop now...I already watched 6 of the 14 movies!

Well, here we go, my review of The Land Before Time VI: The Secret Of Saurus Rock.

The movie starts with Grandpa Longneck telling the gang (and two new threehorns named Dinah and Dana) about life in the Great Valley a long time ago. One day, the "Meanest Sharptooth" arrived and almost kills a mother longneck and her son when "The Lone Dinosaur" appears. A battle begins, and it ends with the Lone dinosaur being scarred along his neck and him knocking the Meanest Sharptooth off a cliff. He just leaves after saving the young longneck's life afterwards, not even letting the kid thank him. Like, who would do that? Anyway, afterwards, an earthshake happens and Saurus Rock is formed. Grandpa says you can still see it today, through the mists. He also says if anything bad happens to it bad luck will descend upon the valley. Alright, let's do the important parts instead of pointing out every little thing in the movie.

The next day Littlefoot and Co make a Lone Dinosaur game, Cera is the sharptooth, Littlefoot is the Lone Dinosaur, and the rest are running away from Cera. Littlefoot falls off a log and almost dies until an old longneck named Doc saves him. He is greeted into the valley but Topps has second thoughts. He can't anything anyway though. After that, Littlefoot goes to talk to him, and his scar is shown and he whiplashes a leaf off a tree. Then Littlefoot goes to his friends who are playing in the bubbly goo. He sings "The Legend Of The Lone Dinosaur" and tells his friends that Doc is The Lone Dinosaur. They don't believe, because the Lone Dinosaur was alive possibly 100 years before them. Cera also gets mad at Dinah and Dana and tells them to get lost while Littlefoot discusses Saurus Rock.

Dinah and Dana do get lost and go to Saurus Rock, being followed by a sharptooth when nearing it. The kids follow and find the sharptooth. After a chase, the gang finds the two threehorns on Saurus Rock, and they get them down eventually, (not until breaking a tooth off Saurus Rock). Afterwards, the Allosaurus finds them again, and throws a log they were hiding in towards a cliff that fits the log perfectly. They all climb out, but Spike is stuck in the log. The sharptooth comes back, and after Spike gets free, it eats the log in two, making it fall to it's death (or so we thought, dun dun dun...) When they get back, Mr. Threehorn hears them talking about them being safe. Cera loses her job as a babysitter for Dinah and Dana, and that night Littlefoot is scared that bad luck will now descend upon the valley, after they damaged Saurus Rock by making a tooth fall off it.

Next morning, sure enough, everyone is having bad luck. Petrie falls in a tree, Ducky and Spike got stung by bees, and, well, they sing "Bad Luck". Yes, it had to be a song. Later, a watering hole dries up in the valley and a tornado hits too as well. Cera brings the twins to safety, and Topps is proud. Grandpa Longneck searches for Littlefoot while Doc saves Littlefoot from the dust devil. Afterwards, everyone blames Doc for the bad luck, much to Littlefoot's protest. They begin to clean up the valley, while Littlefoot runs away and says he will fix the bad luck and get a tooth from the supposedly dead Allosaurus, but before that, he talks to Doc. He asks him what if there's bad luck, and you don't know what to do. He says,"try to fix what you can, accept what you can't." Littlefoot takes the advice and asks if he ever felt alone. He says, "Sometimes." He then says a sentence about his feet being planted on the watering hole long ago. I don't know, I just had a feeling during that sentence.

Littlefoot sings "On Your Own" during his short journey to the Allosaurus corpse. I liked the song. Littlefoot's friends tell Grandpa Longneck that he ran away to do this, after Doc tells him he's leaving. Littlefoot tries to push a tooth out of the Allosaurus' mouth, until he feels a breeze. It's alive! He runs from the Allosaurus until he runs through some thick rocks that the sharptooth has to break through. He then runs into a sharptooth similar to the Meanest Sharptooth and runs from it until he trips on a pebble. Grandpa and Littlefoot's friends arrive, and Grandpa handles the sharptooth, until the Allosaurus arrives. The Meanest Sharptooth kicks Grandpa to the ground, and it's  now 2v1. Doc arrives and tail grabs the Allosaurus to the ground, and Grandpa neck whacks the Meanest Sharptooth down. They both hit into rock formation, and the two longnecks pull it down on the sharpteeth, killing them both, also knocking a tooth off the Allosaurus.

Doc leaves, much to Littlefoot's dismay, but already has a hero; his grandfather. They put the tooth back up, and the bad luck stops. That night, Littlefoot tells stories to more kids about "The Great Dinosaur" AKA Grandpa Longneck. The movie ends, with the intsrumental version of "If We Hold On Together" plays in the credits.

I didn't like the movie as much as V, but I liked it more than the previous four.

I'm going to watch VII today, the halfway point and the gap between the old and new animation.  :yes
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm going to review LBT 7 soon, but I don't have time today. After that, I'll be watching LBT 8.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
meanwhile here, only thing I have to rewatch is TV series now.
let's go

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, well, anyways, here is my review for LBT 7.

Here we go, The Land Before Time VII: The Stone Of Cold Fire.

Littlefoot and his friends see far walkers enter the Great Valley, while Petrie is saying that the flyers were the first creatures to exist. That night, Littlefoot sees a Stone of Cold Fire fly across the valley and land in Threehorn Peak. Nobody else saw it. The next morning, Littlefoot tells the Great Valley residents and far walkers, but almost nobody believes him, EXCEPT two rainbow faces, also SPOILER they are alien dinosaurs. They sing "Beyond The Mysterious Beyond", which may be one of my favorite songs in the series. They also talk in riddles. Later, Littlefoot's friends kind of don't agree on Littlefoot seeing a "Stone of Cold Fire", until Petrie's uncle Pterano shows up. Petrie introduces him to the others, but is only interested in Littlefoot. Pterano believes him, and try to convince Littlefoot to lead him to the stone. Littlefoot disagrees and the kids make excuses that they have to leave, after two other flyers, Rinkus and Sierra, show up and frighten them a little.

Later, Littlefoot tells his grandparents about Pterano, and Grandpa gets angry. Pterano was banished from the herd a long time ago, but his grandparents refuse to tell why. Later, Petrie tries to get Littlefoot to tell him where the stone landed, because Pterano told him to do so and Petrie did not know of Pterano's, evilness? Lol. The kids quickly find out that Petrie is lying that he "just wanted to know" thanks to Cera. Petries flies away and cries, and Pterano comforts him. That night, Pterano, Rinkus and Sierra plan to head for Threehorn Peak after Petries got the information. Ducky gets up at night and eavesdrops on the conversation, but is kidnapped by Sierra before she can tell the rest of the gang.
Littlefoot and his friends see the kidnapping, and the flyers leave, much to Petrie's disbelief.

The next morning, the adults are sitting around arguing about what to do to get Ducky back, and while that is happening, the kids interrupt and ask what happened to make Pterano banished from the herd. It began during the events of the first movie, and Pterano wanted to be a leader of the herd. Some followed him. But one day, a group of fast biters kill the part of the herd, and Pterano is saddened. It wasn't his fault, as he said. I don't understand this, like, he didn't know that they were going to b attacked by sharpteeth, so how did he get in so much trouble? It wasn't his fault!

Afterwards, the kids sneak off to save Ducky. During so, Ducky falls into a cave after she tries to escape by biting Sierra's hand, and then gets chased, before the first thing happens. Littlefoot and Co cross a vine but Spike eats it and they fall into the same cave where they find Ducky. They all sing "Good Inside" which is a song I don't hate but it's not my favorite. Afterwards, Ducky is captured again at a cliff edge outside the cave, but is saved again after the kids save Ducky from drowning in a river and sliding down it on logs. A storm brews, and the flyers stop in a safe place to dry off. Pterano sings "Very Important Creature" while Rinkus and Sierra form a plan to get Pterano to follow them until they get to the stone, and then take the powers.

Meanwhile, the gang enter the bottom of Threehorn Peak, but can't find a way to get to the top. They decide to take a nap, and when they wake up, green food appears near them? How? The alien rainbow faces, that's how! They reveal themselves eventually, and they give the gang a way to shoot them up the mountain. It's almost like a dinosaur elevator. They part ways, and the gang head up the mountain. Pterano and the flyers make it to the stone, but Pterano finds no power in the stone. Then Rinkus and Sierra push him outta the way and try to activate the stone's powers by hitting it with rocks. An earthshake occurs, and Petrie's mother and a MASSIVE flyer come to help, but Ducky almost falls to her death until PTERANO SAVES HER. He actually has good inside after all!

Once everyone gets back to the Great Valley, Pterano's punishment outside the valley is reduced to 5 cold times (years), for saving Ducky. I don't know what it was before, life or something? Well, Petrie says goodbye, and Topps chases him away. That night, the rainbow faces appear by Littlefoot while he's alone, and they tell him that the stone wasn't really real, but that there are other things out there like this. They teleport away, and Littlefoot sees it. It's one of my favorite moments in the sequels, with the instrumental version of "Beyond The Mysterious Beyond" playing. Littlefoot's friends arrive right after it all happens, and they ask why he's smiling, and he says: "Well, that would be telling.", a quote the rainbow faces had said.

I liked that movie, but V still reigns supreme so far. Next is LBT 8, Ducky123's favorite sequel. Will I think it will be as good? Will it overcome V? We'll have to find out next time!  :D

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I got bored of this. I don't feel the need to review the movies anymore, but I will still tell you guys when I'm watching each movie and tell at LEAST a little about it. Cya later.

Well, I'm gonna watch IX tonight, so stay tuned.

Oh, oh yeah! I gotta say somethin' bout' the 8th film. Well, Mr. Thicknose was a nice character, I liked the plot, the sharptooth (who could be Redclaw) and the snow. "Family was a nice song, the rest, well, meh. They were ok, but ya know, not great.

EDIT: Also, LBT 8 did not beat V but it was better than 7. Also too, after the 13 movies, I will make a sequels personal ranking (but this one won't be on the sequels personal ranking thread because the original will be included and JoTB will only be on that one. ((Like, the sequels personal ranking thread)) ).

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
LBT IX was nice. Mo was a funny character, Chanson D'Ennui was an iffy song, as well as Imaginary Friends as well. "Know One Has To Be Alone" was the best, and the Sharptooth Swimmer kept me entertained. The movie did not beat V, but X may very well do it. Will it? I'll say tomorrow! ;)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello again. Sorry for the delay.

Yes, we have a new leader! I loved LBT X. I loved Bron, even though his explanation for leaving was a bit iffy. Every song was nice. I loved the sharpteeth in this movie. "Bestest Friends" is among the best of the songs so far, and I loved the plot, even though the world wasn't ending, it was just an eclipse.

Will LBT XI, XII, or XIII defeat X for my #1 spot? Likely not. But then again, JoTB has a chance at the end as well. Watching XI now, wish it luck!  :D

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No, they did not...LBT XI, XII, and XIII were not as good. But remember, this is in my opinion.

LBT XI had an interesting story IMO at first, but it was not as emotional as past movies. The songs were ok, "Creepy Crawlies" was the best one in my opinion. I liked the sharpteeth, on of them looked like Screech...

LBT XII had a character I well liked-Guido. I liked him, I thought he was kind of funny. The sharptooth sucked, obviously, because it got stuck somehow but it didn't seem stuck to me at all. It was my least favorite- only because of LBT XIII's sharpteeth and the Yellowbellies' stupidity was actually hilarious. The songs-I guess were ok, but "Things Change" was good. I liked it, and I seemed to get a little emotional (ok, I get emotional in movies, I know) but it's what really stole it for me.

Now, LBT XIII - what else do I have to say - yellowbellies, hilarious and stupid, the plot SUCKED though, Littlefoot couldn't really get his message out there about the wisdoms. The sharpteeth were likable, but they really died a very unavoidable death to be honest. The songs - well, I didn't really find any of them were great.

I also decided to watch the TV Series, but I won't be talking about every episode though. I only saw about half of the episodes, hopefully I'll be able to see them all for the first time! I'll see you later, after I see all the episodes!  :p

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
congrats with finishing your main road. :D
I would like to see your small analysis about TV episodes.

For me, TV episodes (I'm rewatching them all right now), due to its light bothering music, light general atmosphere and silliness and stupidity sometimes (especially in sharpteeth episodes), are very unstable part of LBT franchise.
Actually, they COULD make general plot more interesting and exciting, and general idea and synopsis in some episodes are wonderful. If only they make it in LBT1 style... these stories would be one of the best.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We have discussion threads for every single episode so feel free to use them. I posted in every single of them to share my opinion on each episode :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll do so at some point in the future  ;)

Hi, just a small update. I have watched 6 episodes so far, I just finished The Brave Longneck Scheme. I'm watched 2 tonight, so see you later! :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The show to this day is hard to sit through. I tried to sit through the first episode and I couldn't do it. That was the worst show I ever had the displeasure to ever watch. My condolences to you.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The show to this day is hard to sit through. I tried to sit through the first episode and I couldn't do it. That was the worst show I ever had the displeasure to ever watch. My condolences to you.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just an update. :)

I've been busy with a lot of things including school lately so I haven't been able to watch many episodes. I'm gonna tell you this though: I've actually only watched the first 15 episodes before and a couple others. I have tried to watch the whole show in 2013 and 2015 before, but I lost interest in the TV Series (I don't know why, it's probably because hey aren't as good as the movies, hence the 1 season). But this time, I'm not giving up, I'm on the 9th episode, and I'm not quitting now.

See ya later ;)

EDIT: I agree now AD and understand...It's hard to sit through, unlike most of the films (MY OPINION) since I really like most of the movies. Some episodes just plain SUCK. Never thought I would say that for LBT material (even for 13, I wasn't annoyed by the yellowbellies, they made me laugh at their stupidity instead). But even for the best fans, I'm assuming there's at least ONE episode they didn't like.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...and I lost interest in the TV series again. I think I watched another episode or two after I posted that, but that was it. It really is hard to sit through. I've gotta watch the rest of the episodes some day, but not now.

Oh, another thing as well: I STILL didn't watch JoTB, STILL! I need to watch this, but I never got around to it. I think I might watch it before or during the summer though. This "Road to JoTB" died after I lost interest in the TV Series, but that does not mean it's really over! I will see JoTB soon, and this will be done, finally, and I will do a BIG review for it.

Hypno signing off  :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think it would be incredible to try and watch the entire LBT film saga (14 films total) in 24hrs. However, this may be impossible depending on length of each film. So you might have to do 32 hrs straight.

This I call "Journey of the Brave.."  :DD  :lol

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Journey of the PAIN. XD

but if you success, you would repeat experience of Gang's journey in original movie! I guess

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I ca. Agree with you the tv series was a huge turn off for me Also. But hopefully see this movie soon

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Jun 2 2017 on  12:59 AM
Journey of the PAIN. XD

but if you success, you would repeat experience of Gang's journey in original movie! I guess
Lol indeed, consider it the Trial of True Land Before Time Zealot. :D  :lol

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My friend and I once tried to watch an LBT marathon of all 13 movies at the time. We ended up watching 6 movies straight, then 3 movies the next day, then another 3 a couple months later and finally watched 13 a year later. Suffice to say it didn't go so well :lol . For the TV series I don't hate it but I'm not the biggest fan either. I recently re-watched all of the episodes by watching one a day and by the end I was so sick of hearing them sing about how happy they are. I do hope you watch JotB though as I think it's a solid sequel.