The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

dinotopia rp

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The rp would take place after the events of the tv miniseries. OC's are welcome.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
is anyone even interested in this?

If any one is these are the FC's

Karl Scott
David Scott
Marion
Mayor Waldo Seville
Rosemary
Romana Denison
Zippo
Frank Scott
Samantha

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So it would be set in modern day & not in the Dennison books era?  Including the things that conflict with Gurney's books?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So I guess the only things canon would be the mini series, not any other dinotopian source like the Gurney books, tv series, other fiction books done by various other authors?  Like a separate universe from the Gurney books.

I could try being Zippo, I liked his character.  I'd have to rewatch parts of the mini series I have on dvd.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes only the mini series will be canon.

Karl Scott
David Scott
Marion
Mayor Waldo Seville
Rosemary
Romana Denison
Zippo - Kor
Frank Scott - F-22
Samantha

I will also rp as Frank Scott as well as my OC Frank Anderson.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I may consider joining. I don't know. Personally I prefer Gurney's Dinotopia over the miniseries.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would also, but I guess few folks have read those books, or taking the best from both versions.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I read a bit of the first book not sure of the author and saw the miniseries only. It was on the Sci Fi channel a few days ago and that's were I got the idea for the rp.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Makes sense, if you only have knowledge of the mini series hard to add in much other material, even from James Gurney, who created Dinotopia.

The only bits of the mini series I can really watch, after seeing the whole thing once is 1 chunks.  From the start to just as the caravan sets out is the first.  The second is their arrival in waterfall city to when the 2 brothers are fighting in Zippo's dwelling and fall off the whatever it is into the water.  Just me I'm sure.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Dec 25 2009 on  05:58 PM
Makes sense, if you only have knowledge of the mini series hard to add in much other material
Yeah it is.