The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Corrupt a Wish Game.

WeirdRaptor · 1781 · 130291

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Granted, but someone else ends up spilling your nice, hot steaming mug of tea anyways. Not on the floor, but on you. As a result, you suffer third degree burns. :sducky

I wish that humans didn't only care about money all the time.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Man, I really have to question what was in that tea if it was severe enough to give me third degree burns... o_O

Granted. Society begins to place less value on money, and the world becomes a more wholesome and peaceful place. Unfortunately, you do not live to see it, as you are randomly killed in a tragic piano accident.

I wish that I didn't have a dry spell in my contract work right now and that I could get some more writing and editing gigs.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Man, I really have to question what was in that tea if it was severe enough to give me third degree burns... o_O

Uh, let's just say someone from McDonalds had the job of heating up your tea. And yeah, haven't you heard of the McDonalds Hot Coffee Case where a 79 year old lady actually got third degree burns from her coffee being spilled on her lap? :wow

Granted, but your work contract is cut short as its stated in tiny fine print that you must take at least a four week break per writing or editing gig you do. Of course, nobody reads the contract anyway, so who could blame you? :lol:

I wish that you can wish upon a shooting star.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:32:49 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had not, in fact, heard of the McDonald's Hot Coffee Case. I just looked it up now. Yikes! Although I would think (or at least hope) that spilling hot coffee or tea in your lap and getting third-degree burns from it would be more the exception than the rule.

Granted. You can now wish upon a shooting star. Every time you do, your wishes will come true. Unfortunately, this means you can only wish for something when you see a shooting star. This results in you spending countless hours and countless restless nights waiting for any shooting stars to appear. But on the plus side, your wishes themselves, when you finally do get to make them, are free from corruption.
:cerahappy

I wish for an official release of the uncut version of The Land Before Time.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well hey, who said I would be spending hours waiting for a shooting star? Besides, it'd be much cooler experiencing a shooting star by chance. ;)

Granted. You and other LBT fans will now witness more of everyone's favorite Sharptooth, the most cunning and fierce of all. But uh oh! The parents are now suing the creators of The Land Before Time for traumatizing their children.
...People these days. Always suing for everything and nothing. :rolleyes

I wish that everyone could live happily ever after, just like the ending of a children's book! :)littlefoot

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's actually a trade-off I'm relatively okay with. I wouldn't want the LBT creators to get sued, and certainly not over something such as that. But, hey, at least we have the uncut version in all its glory. A dream come true for myself and so many other fans.

Granted. Everyone does like happily ever after, just like the ending of a children's book! :)littlefoot

...in this universe, at least. Every other parallel universe out there subsequently gets eradicated by Thanos. :DD

I wish that my one aunt wasn't so busy and unavailable all the time. I wish I could spend more time with her.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. You get to hang out with your aunt more and both of you are having a swell time. Heck, you even watch LBT together. Things get out of control when she starts accompanying you everywhere you go, whether it'd be at work, the store, your bedroom, or even the bathroom. She would always insist that you are lonely and that you need her all the time.

I wish that money would grow on trees.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Nice one. I laughed out loud at that.

Granted. Money does grow on trees, and it's quite plentiful at that. Too bad all the money is counterfeit.
:duckyhappy

I wish that real money would grow on trees.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. But all of that money grown is actually in the currency of Vietnamese dong. :p
For reference,
1 Vietnamese Dong = 0.000043 U.S Dollars.

I wish that I can be immune to ice and fire.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. You are immune to ice and fire... but not electricity. You get struck by a bolt of lightning one stormy evening. Thankfully you survive... but then you get struck again. And again. Ultimately you have the misfortune of winding up like this guy.

I wish that my brother and I had more in common, and thus we hung out more often.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I still get to survive all those lightning strikes. So technically, I'm kind of immune to electricity as well??? :thinking

Granted. But your aunt gets jealous of your newfound brotherly friendship and tries to kill your brother. She's unsuccessful, but paralyzes him for life.

I wish that I can change the past with no consequences for the present.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Well, I still get to survive all those lightning strikes. So technically, I'm kind of immune to electricity as well??? :thinking
Huh. I didn't think of that, but that's a good point. Looks like I didn't do a very good job of corrupting that wish.

Granted. Nothing you change in the past will have any negative consequences for the present. However, the only way for you to change the past is to directly time travel there. Not a problem initially... until one day your time machine breaks down and leaves you stranded in the past.

To quote Anakin from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, I wish I could just wish away my feelings. :DD

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. You wished away your feelings, but to the burden of others around you. Those feelings incarnate as an actual physical being and torments anyone they happen to encounter because they're free to do so. Some feelings like happiness can be good, but only for the short term. Others, well can get you killed in a heartbeat. You don't bother to notice or care because, well you have no feelings. ::)

I wish that I can wash all the pain and misery away from this world. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You're good at coming up with wishes that take a lot of thought to try and corrupt. This took me a good several minutes.

Granted. You are able to wash all the pain and misery away from this world. Because of you, Earth enjoys an unprecedented 20 years of complete peace. Unfortunately, it all comes to an end one day when a massive meteorite strike wipes out all life on Earth. But hey, at least there's no more pain and misery.

I wish my family still owned the house I lived in while my parents were still together (as mentioned on my Ask Me thread).

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. Your family lives in the same house with your parents still happily married. But one day, they get a notice from the town to vacate the premises immediately, as a disaster is about to strike their home. They thought, "What? That's so ridiculous! There's no sign of bad weather or an invasion!" Well, soon the invasion hits. One night while your family was sleeping, your family is awoken to the sound of bulldozers outside. All they could do was scream in horror as their house and bodies get crushed by the bulldozers. And like that, all was silent. Apparently, the town wanted to make room for a new town hall. This house, including houses in the vicinity were in the way of it. So because of your wish, a lot of families including yours eventually perished as they target each house one by one. It's weird why they're so vague about it.

I wish you could be better at corrupting wishes! (Don't get me wrong, you're not bad at all. ;))

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. I have become better at corrupting wishes... which is bad news for you because it means that, every time you make a wish now, you get more screwed over than ever.
:Mo

I wish that Universal would make another LBT film.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. Universal makes another LBT film, but it's a complete disaster however. The plot is simple enough. The main characters live in the Great Valley peacefully, a conflict arises. Littlefoot and friends go off on their own adventure, and so forth. The movie ends on a happy note. Here's the surprising plot twist though: all the main characters are now empowered female characters with Mary Sue qualities and personalities. They introduce another Sharptooth character just like the one in the first movie to demonstrate their powers. They stomp and kick the sharptooth to death somehow, despite being way smaller than the sharptooth. The day is saved, movie ends.

Hopefully I'm not touching upon a topic too sensitive for this forum. :P

I wish everyone in the world can reach a state of nirvana or inner peace with themselves. :cerahappy

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. Everyone in the world reaches a state of nirvana and inner peace. Unfortunately, everyone is so busy sitting around and being all calm and relaxed, they forget to attend to their day-to-day duties in society. This includes things like maintaining cities and food production. Eventually, with no-one making the effort to survive, the human race dies out. But hey, at least they were all at peace with it.

I wish I could hug Littlefoot and not get killed by any creatures.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Granted. You hug Littlefoot and everything is fine and dandy. You kiss it goodnight before going to bed peacefully as the longneck stares at you from the bookshelf, never moving and eyes always locked onto you. It's so inanimate looking to be honest, kind of like a plushy, don't you think?

I wish that something good would happen for each and every member registered on the GOF forum. :cerahappy

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had another good laugh at that one. Didn't expect that. :DD Although really, owning a Littlefoot plushy wouldn't be too bad at all. In fact, I've actually considered getting LBT plushies for my bedroom.

Granted. Something good happens for each and every member of the forum... but they're the only ones. Everyone else in the world gets struck by lightning. :sducky

I wish for Cera to be real and alive.