The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda: Rise of the Hollow

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm OK." Viper said as she slithered forward. "And yes, I agree... let's get out of here before anymore show up."

"Hmph... I agree. It was a most bizarre test." Shen muttered, shaking his head as they proceeded through the cavern. Fortunately, the legends of greater demons within proved to be unfounded... or at least, as far as they could tell. They made it the rest of the way through the mountain without incident, and were soon near the coast, with a port city off in the distance. It was the same one Po and the Furious Five had used to sail to Gongmen City the last time they had traversed this route.

"OK... I don't suppose any of us has money to hire a ship, do they? I'm not sure my reputation as the Prince of Gongmen City is any good any more." Shen commented sourly.

"Money? Pfft! We're the Dragon Warrior and Furious Five! Someone who's hungry for justice will be bound to take us! No problem!" Po waved his paw dismissively.

"You seem rather knowledgeable for someone who's lived in a cave for the past... how many years did you say?" Shen asked Huang Yu as they entered the city's streets. "Surely all that meditation couldn't have taught you about our enemies' intentions just like that? What's your secret?" he asked now as Po began eyeing the dumpling cart vendors on the streets.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Huang Yu grinned slightly as he glanced at Shen. "I have only been in the cave for seven months. My home is somewhere warm, and mostly swampland, where survival is more a way of life than a fighting style." he said aloud.

"Anywhere we've been?" asked Monkey

Huang Yu chuckled lightly. "Not likely. But as for my secret Lord Shen... I wait and see. I don't react until something forces me to, like waiting for a ship. Just like this one." As the toad finished speaking a ship pulled up to shore. "See... just wait and good things can happen."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"If it was a test I hope it is the last.  Though I think it may not be." Chaka said.  As they got out of the cave he looked around.  "It is good to be outside again, where the sun, wind, and other things are." he said.  

He looked over at Shen.  "I've not ever had money.  As for getting across I could perhaps carry some of the lighter ones across, fly across, or walk across.  We may need to make a raft to carry those who are unable to fly."  He said looking around to see if there were enough materials to make a makehift raft.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What?" Shen exclaimed incredulously as the ship suddenly appeared coming into the harbor, right when Huang Yu predicted. "Impossible!" he gasped. "That's just..."

"Uncanny!" Po said, eyes widening as a grin passed over his face. "Come on guys! Let's go!" he shouted, waving them on to the docks.

"A way of life..." Viper mused to herself as they made their way to the ship, reflecting on what Huang Yu had said.

"Greetings, travelers!" one of the crew, a gazelle, stated as they neared.

"Hey!" Po greeted in return. "We were just like you know, wondering if you'd transport us to Gongmen City!"

"You're the Dragon Warrior, aren't you?" asked the gazelle with a smile. "And the Furious Five!"

"Yeah! And like... some other really cool guys, too!" Po added, motioning to their entourage. "We're here to bring justice to Gongmen City!"

"Uh... save it really." Mantis added, holding a forelimb to his head and shaking it a bit.

"Hey isn't that Lord Shen, the city's prince?" asked the gazelle?

"Who him? Pfft! No!" Po said, waving his paw dismissively. "Lord Shen totally died, ya know?" he said, trying to sound confidential.

"Uh... right... I just could've sworn..."

"Hey if you'll take us, thank you SO much!" Po interjected, trying to keep the conversation off Lord Shen.

"Right well... come aboard!" he motioned, letting them get safely aboard his junk as he started unloading his cargo.

"Oh hey! I can help with that!" Mantis offered, throwing up a box over his miniscule body and carrying it off the ship before going for another one.

Lord Shen strode to the bow of the junk, his armored legs clanking as he gazed out over the harbor and watched the sun as it began to set. Soon... he'd be back home... soon... he'd have to confront the demons... and what was that thing that had struck him in the chest? Was it still withing him?

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Glad you can help us." Chaka said, lifting another crate to carry it off the ship and help to unload the ship.  He saw no reason not to help the person who was going to carry them across.  His staff he put on the top of each crate before he would lift it.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The ship shoved off once the crates had finished loading, and began sailing out of the harbor and to the open sea. Lord Shen stood on the bow of the ship, closing his eyes and letting the wind ruffle his feathers. He felt alive as the ship glided over the water, but he also felt... something was wrong... something was different inside of him. There was a presence that didn't belong.

Opening his eyes slightly, the peacock stared straight ahead, fixating on the horizon and what lay before them... trying to meditate as best he could, and put his mind at ease.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka went to one side of the ship.  This way he could see ahead and behind to a goo degree and also the side he was on.  He relaxed at the side to watch what he could see, thinking this may prove interesting as well as helping to pass the time.  He also wondered what the area they were traveling to would be like.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Huang Yu had taken the time to balance himself on the back end of the ship and closed his eyes. 'The feeling of the waves, the smell of the air, the epitome of peace. It reminds me of home.' Thought the toad to himself as he continued to keep his eyes closed and focusing on the nature around him through his other senses. He was curious as to what awaited their group upon their arrival, but such matters were best dealt with when they arise. 'After all... no sense in getting worked up over something if we have yet to understand it.' he thought to himself again as he took a deep, relaxing breath.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka kept to the side of the ship he was on, watching what he could see and enjoying what wind there may be, the waves & movement of the ship as it moved up and down as well as forward.  It had been a while since he had experienced such things.