The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda: Rise of the Hollow

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Valley of Peace.  A place far removed from the hustle and bustle of the world beyond.  A place where conflicts are rare, and those that do arise are swiftly ended by the six valiant Masters of Kung Fu who defend the Valley.  The Five Legendary Masters known collectively as the Furious Five, and the Heroic Dragon Warrior.  However, outside the Valley, dark clouds of war and malice have begun gathering, threatening to consume the whole of the world.  In order to save their beloved home, the Masters must forge new bonds, as well as accept the most unlikely of aid...

Thread of Hope-Outside the Valley of Peace

"Are you absolutely certain that we're going the right way?  We seem to have been hiking for ages, and I feel as if we have made no progress whatsoever."

A white peacock complained, as a large, grey-furred wolf nodded in agreement, tongue drooping out of his mouth as they walked.  Ahead of the pair, a muscular snow leopard sighed, turning around with a small smirk.

"No, of course I don't know my way back to my own home, even though I found my way back after being locked up for years."

The leopard responded, rolling his eyes as he shook his head.

"Now, are you two done whining yet, so that we can get to the Jade Palace?  Or would you rather I carry you, 'Lord' Shen?"

He said mockingly, as the Peacock irately ruffled his feathers and huffed, straightening his robes.

"Now, now.  There's no need to be so rude, Tai Lung.  After all, some of us are carrying more than others.  And besides.  I am still trying to figure out some way that they will listen to us, rather than have us thrown into  Chorh-Gom the instant we set foot in the palace."

He said, as the wolf next to him nodded and looked at yet another of the bridges.

"Ugh...More bridges.  Great."

The wolf sighed, propping himself up on his warhammer...

Valley of Peace-Marketplace.

A tall cheetah wove his way through the crowds in the market, skillfully dodging around the pedestrians as he made his way along the streets, stopping and taking a look at the various booths and stalls as he did.  Finally stopping at one, he purchased a small bundle of bean buns, and, once he had paid for them and left, looked up towards the Jade Palace.  Smiling to himself, he took a bun from the bundle they had been wrapped in, and, taking a bite of it, smiled to himself.

"The Jade Palace.  Home of the legendary Dragon Warrior, and the Furious Five... How exciting."

He murmured to himself, and then, with a chuckle, looked back the bun in his hand.

"These are really, really good, too.  What a spectacular day this is turning out to be..."

He said, once again making his way towards the Palace...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka was gliding along.  He was using a bit of his ability to levitate since that enhanced his flying quite a bit and saved him from getting tired and increased the distance he could glide.  A handy thing since he had traveled far in the time the vision had showed him his destiny lay elsewhere then where he lived & had been raised.  He had no idea how long he had been traveling.  Same as with his family tradition, once got to be an adult he quit counting has age, he also had never counted the number of years, months or days since he left home.  he had no idea where he would wind up.  He had been many places and had seen many things and people.  Though none of them felt like the place.  

He saw what looked like a village in the distance.  He landed and decided to walk the rest of the way. He didn't mind walking.  He had been in the mood to fly for the past few hours or so.  And some people preferred people to walk into town.  

He had been carying his staff/sword in his feet.  As he neared the ground it tossed it into the air and caught it in his hands as he landed.  He adjusted his hat and started walking on the way to the village he had seen.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Inside the paklace, the dragon warrior po, and master tigeress were training, or rather Tigeress was teaching, Po was listening, as far as that went/ Po right now was hoping Tigeress would stop talking so he could go grab some food. he hadnt eaten.. a couple hours.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((I watched the second movie again last night during the cruise, and I so can't wait to really get into this!))

Master Viper was curled up nearby the teaching Tigress and learning Po, listening passively as Tigress spoke. She always enjoyed Tigress's lessons, and picked up whatever she could, as she recognized just how ferocious of a fighter Tigress could be.

------------------------------------

Lord Shen finished crossing one of the numerous bridges leading to the valley, having taken the crossing slowly and with caution. He could glide of course, but there weren't many places to land.

The luecistic peacock could still barely wrap his mind around what he was doing, but knew there was little other choice. It had taken him months to heal from the injuries he'd sustained after the ruins of his greatest cannon had collapsed on top of him. He'd drifted ashore, barely alive... and after months of things that seemed like a blur at times in his mind, here he was, going to find the very warrior whose parents he'd slaughtered (to the best of his knowledge) and who'd been responsible for his most painful and excruciating defeat.

What would he do when he finally came face to face with the panda? How would he react? Perhaps it was best to let Tai Lung do the talking initially... he at least knew where to go.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka paused once he could see the village better.  It seemed a fairly normal looking village, not unfriendly or bad looking.  He then continued on his way into the village.  Not sure what he would do there besides perhaps a walk through the village.  He could decide once he had done that.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tai Lung looked back over the bridge he had crossed smirking.  It had been far too long since he had been back to the Valley of Peace, and far too long since he had seen Shifu and the Five.  He was still filled with doubt and uncertainty.  He knew that he had done unforgivable things in his blind pursuit of the Dragon Scroll, and he hoped that they could find it in their heart to forgive him...

The cheetah walked up towards the tall gates that walled off the Jade Palace from the rest of the Valley, hood up before knocking the hilt of his sword against the doors of the Palace...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen had his own uneasy feelings about this. He had not yet found inner peace, and was still tormented by the demons of his past. But what could he do? He didn't know the secret of obtaining inner peace, and could barely remember what Po had said back then. Something about scars healing... Which Shen had to point out as false. So what was the secret? What was the trick? It was something the spurred him on, though he figured it would be no easy path, as it seemed laced with hardship.

They had to be getting close, or so the peacock figured. He still had no idea what he'd say upon seeing the panda, so he tried to rehearse in his head, though kept feeling foolish doing so. He couldn't reconcile with the panda... and he wasn't sure if he really wanted to. He still had... reservations about that after all.

-------------------------------------------

Viper's head perked up upon hearing the knock at the door. Slithering over curiously, she pulled one of the rings and the door swung inward. There was a cheetah on the other side. "Can I help you?" She inquired of the newcomer. She noted the sword in his hand, but he didn't seem aggressive. She prepared to move quickly though just in case.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The cheetah smiled and bowed low, grinning.
"I came here seeking to study and train under the legendary masters I've heard about.  As a martial artist, and a fellow warrior."
He said softly, his eyes gleaming...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka saw he was closer to the town.  He noted there was what looked like a temple, or some other sort of building, not to far off from the village.  It looked like a normal sort of village, like many he had seen before.   Things seemed to be going smoothly, normal, regularly, though he was sure it had not always been like that, nor would it in the future.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Viper gave the cheetah a wide smile, and also bowed respectfully to him. "Well I can tell you right now, you've come to the right place." she responded. "I'm Master Viper. Master Tigress is behind me." she nodded with her head. "And so is the Dragon Warrior. The rest of us are somewhere about, I'm sure." She moved the door open wider for him now.

"Please, come in, and welcome to the Jade Palace. What's your name, fellow warrior?" she inquired.

-----------------------------------

The Valley of Peace stretched out before them now, awaiting their approach in its usual tranquil fashion. So... this was where the panda resided? The leucistic peacock could glimpse what appeared to be a large palace atop a mountain on the far side of the valley. From what he knew, that palace would be where the panda was located.

"OK..." Shen murmured. "Weren't you defeated here before, Tai Lung?" the peacock asked the leopard now. "If we... or more specifically you, enter this village, don't  you think it'd cause a stir? Are you expecting we just stroll up those stairs to that palace and present ourselves before... what did you say his name was? Master Shifu?" Shen asked.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Cheetah grinned, nonchalantly slipping his hood off to reveal his charming red-brown eyes and smiling.
"My name is Makoto Kurotsuchi.  It is an honor, Master Viper."
He said with a small chuckle...

Tai Lung paused.
"I was thinking that if we were to make our presence known, then perhaps the Five, the Dragon Warrior, and...Shifu will come to us so that we can at the least explain ourselves, tell them of the threat we have seen to the land as a whole...and ask for their forgiveness.  At the least, I don't have the blood of an entire village on my hands."
He said calmly..

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Nov 22 2013 on  04:48 PM
Viper gave the cheetah a wide smile, and also bowed respectfully to him. "Well I can tell you right now, you've come to the right place." she responded. "I'm Master Viper. Master Tigress is behind me." she nodded with her head. "And so is the Dragon Warrior. The rest of us are somewhere about, I'm sure." She moved the door open wider for him now.

"Please, come in, and welcome to the Jade Palace. What's your name, fellow warrior?" she inquired.

-----------------------------------

The Valley of Peace stretched out before them now, awaiting their approach in its usual tranquil fashion. So... this was where the panda resided? The leucistic peacock could glimpse what appeared to be a large palace atop a mountain on the far side of the valley. From what he knew, that palace would be where the panda was located.

"OK..." Shen murmured. "Weren't you defeated here before, Tai Lung?" the peacock asked the leopard now. "If we... or more specifically you, enter this village, don't  you think it'd cause a stir? Are you expecting we just stroll up those stairs to that palace and present ourselves before... what did you say his name was? Master Shifu?" Shen asked.
Crane stepped in to see what all the noise was about and saw the cheetah with Viper, Tigress and Po.

"Oh, I didn't think we would have a visitor come in!" He said with a smile on his beak. "Who are you, if I may ask?"

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Viper smiled in return, noting his rather striking eyes. They were kind though... the eyes of a warrior, but one who wouldn't use his abilities to harm others needlessly.

Crane soon appeared, and Viper brightened up upon seeing him. "Oh! Master Crane! Meet... Makoto Kurotsuchi." she said, nodding in his direction. "I think I said that right. Makoto, this is another one of our number, Master Crane. He's our aerial expert, among other things." she introduced.

------------------------------------------

Shen frowned at Tai Lung's words, giving him a dark look. Yes... he'd killed numerous pandas... slaughtered them to try and change his fate. And he wasn't able to deal with any of that. Curse it all! How did one go about forgetting things like that? Dealing with the past? Finding... inner peace? What was the secret? What was the technique?

"Make our presence known... that should be easy." Shen muttered. "As soon as we walk down the village's main street they'll go screaming towards that palace." he scoffed.

"As for forgiveness... I don't NEED forgiveness from the panda!" he said acidly here, frowning. "But... there IS a threat... and we can't handle it. Fine." he strutted forward now. "Let's go stir up some trouble..." he said, striding towards the entrance of the village. "Without actually causing trouble of course." he added.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto smiled and bowed his head respectfully.
"Ah, Master Crane.  An honor."
He said respectfully, smiling...

Tai Lung nodded, rolling his shoulders.
"I wish there were an easier way to do this, but there isn't.  After all, if the world is to be saved, it will need more than us three to do so."
He sighed, pushing open the gate to the town as he looked at Shen.
"And it's never a matter of needing forgiveness.  Simply realizing that when you seek it and find it, then your life changes for the better.  That is all."
He said quietly...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen stared at Tai Lung curiously. "Simply realizing my life will change for the better when I seek it?" he asked incredulously. "Surely there's more to it than that!" he scoffed, not totally believing Tai Lung at the moment.

Shifting his attention to the villagers, Shen gave them a wide smile. "Good afternoon!" he crowed. "Guess who's come to town?" he declared, waving his wing in Tai Lung's direction.

Several citizens shrieked, and many scrambled and stumbled down the street to get out of the way. Cries of "Tai Lung has returned!" filled the air, and some of the denizens began making for the Jade Palace.

"Oh, got their attention, did I?" Shen asked somewhat sarcastically, smiling in the snow leopard's direction.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chaka looked in the direction of the shrieks, wondering what was going on.  He decided to walk in that direction to see for himself what was going on.  He heard what some were saying as they ran past.  "What or who is Tai Lung?"  He asked, though with how the folks were reacting he doubted any would stop their running around to tell him.  So best to continue walking in the direction the villagers were coming from and see for himself.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"It's an honor to meet you as well." Crane said in reply and bowed his head respectfully in return.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
((So I guess for now, Shifu will just be NPC?))

"Um... guys?" The voice came from Mantis, who had appeared behind Makoto and Viper now, in Crane's direct line of sight. Viper turned to see the miniscule but powerful warrior behind her.

"Ah! Master Mantis! You're just in time to meet a visitor of ours!" Viper exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah, hello!" Mantis said quickly, waving one of his prominent forelegs. "Um guys? You're not gonna believe this but... there are villagers claiming Tai Lung has returned!" he declared with emphasis. "Tai Lung! And they say a white peacock travels with him! You don't think..." he trailed off here.

"What!? Tai Lung!?" Viper gasped. The most frightening and truly dangerous opponent they'd ever faced?! He was back? How? Why? And a white peacock? Had Lord Shen survived his encounter with Po? "Po! Tigress! We have trouble!" she shouted over to the two. "Villagers are saying Tai Lung is back! We need to warn Master Shifu!"

She bowed apologetically to Makoto. "I'm deeply sorry, sir. It seems you've caught us at a somewhat bad time." Viper had to admit, her heart was racing over this. Tai Lung... here? Again? But... Po had been able to handle him before... he could probably do so again... and all of them were stronger now too. Perhaps she was simply getting ahead of herself on this one.

------------------------------------------------

Shen spied an eagle approaching them now. A gleam entered his red eyes, and he smirked, taking a few steps towards his fellow avian. While he wasn't looking to cause trouble, he was at least curious by the audacity of this bird. Who would be bold enough to approach him and the great warrior Tai Lung? If he was looking to be a hero... then perhaps Shen could amuse himself for a few minutes while he waited for the Furious Five and panda to arrive. But mustn't get carried away, of course.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto nodded, pulling his hood up and rolling his shoulders.
"You needn't worry.  In fact, I would be honored if you'd allow me to accompany you.  I assure you I won't be a liability."
He said with a small chuckle and smile...

Tai Lung rolled his eyes slightly.
"Subtle.  Very subtle.  However, it appears that it did have the desired effect, so I suppose I can't complain."
He chuckled, then looked at Shen.
"And it is truly that simple.  Sometimes, the simplest answer is the truest.  Try it sometime.  You would be astonished."
He said softly...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Viper looked at him curiously, but then smiled. "If you wish to, we won't stop you. Just be sure to keep up." she smirked, stretching herself out as she prepared for the upcoming fight.

-----------------------------------------------

"What you mean... just... ask for forgiveness?" Shen asked, blinking. "I can't imagine... I mean look at what I did... slaughtered an entire village... killed one of the greatest Kung Fu masters of all time... and you think they'd just forgive me for that? I took away the panda's parents... that's not something so easily forgotten I would think."

(runner up)
(runner up)