The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The False Facts Game

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Hahaha! :Mo

Do you want to/have time to explain out all of those facts plus the false one?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
1) I had a couple short stories which were published in collections several years ago, but I was so ashamed of the stories that I let them fade into obscurity, and I otherwise (almost) never talk about them: The short stories in question were valuable learning experiences for polishing my craft. But they were also among my earliest pieces of fiction and I feel I've grown as a writer since then. The stories were also rushed, and by and large I just wasn't happy with how they turned out.
2) The Gang of Five is the first new forum I've joined and actively participated with in seven years: I've posted on the TV Tropes forum since 2012, albeit much more irregularly than my activity here. And TV Tropes isn't just a forum like this one is; it was mostly the wiki/editing side of the website where I was active. Aside from TV Tropes, though, this fact is true, as my last time being active on a 'pure' forum was back in 2010 and earlier.
3) In the first 22 years of my life, I lived in fourteen different homes: This would be quite a lengthy story if I went into detail about why I've moved around so much, although I can always elaborate further in my 'Ask Me' thread if you're curious.
4) I used to be a huge fan of the TV show LOST. For several years, I was a bigger LOST fan than I was a Star Wars fan: While I've ultimately been into Star Wars for far longer, there was a significant portion of time when I was a bigger fan of LOST than anything else. Although in more recent years I've outgrown the show, and Star Wars is back to being my biggest fandom right now.
5) I had a kidney stone last year and went to the hospital to have it treated: This is the one I wish was false. But yeah, it was late in the morning one day when this absolutely horrible pain started up in my stomach and wouldn't go away. At the time I didn't know what was going on with me, so I had a friend drive me to the hospital. I thought that maybe it was something wrong with my appendix and it would need to be surgically removed, as that happened to my mother once. Thankfully the pain was mostly gone by night, and the kidney stone was small enough that it came out on its own the next day. Still, not a pleasant experience.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:41:58 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Time to revive this thread.

1) I frequent another forum besides the Gang of Five.
2) I really don't remember any of my past life before the age of 5.
3) I don't ask for birthday or Christmas gifts almost all the time.
4) I've been living in the house I reside in for less than 10 years now.
5) Listening to music is one of my favorite past times.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
#1?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
#4?

Correct! This was a bit of an easier one. All the other facts I listed were something that I mentioned on this forum at least once before and/or it was a bit obvious to guess.

1) I frequent another forum besides the Gang of Five: Fiver's Honeycomb, a Watership Down forum I go onto from time to time. I actually have a profile on there if you want to check it out. Click me!
2) I really don't remember any of my past life before the age of 5: True. Nothing else to add really.
3) I don't ask for birthday or Christmas gifts almost all the time: Yep, yep, yep! It may seem surprising, but either I never really know what to get, or I just don't care.
4) I've been living in the house I reside in for less than 10 years now: False. I've been living in my house for more than 10 years actually. I don't know the exact amount however.
5) Listening to music is one of my favorite past times: Music is awesome, it really soothes the soul and mind of your body and converts me into a good mood. It can be catchy, relatable, depressing, the possibilities are endless.

Your turn, StardustSoldier. Unless @OwlsCantRead, do you want to go?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nah, Stardust can have his turn unless he doesn't want it. :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Correct! This was a bit of an easier one. All the other facts I listed were something that I mentioned on this forum at least once before and/or it was a bit obvious to guess.

Well as it happens, that's how I figured it out. :idea I was reading your facts and I was a bit stumped at first. But then I remembered once on your 'Ask' thread, I'd asked you what the longest duration of time you've ever lived in a single home is, and you said you'd lived in your current house around 12 years.

Likewise, I don't remember you stating #3 or #5 outright, but from what I know about you in general, they seemed plausible enough.

Anyway, I don't quite have my next set of questions ready yet, so if someone else wants to go in the meantime, they are welcome to. Otherwise, I'll post again when I have my questions ready.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) I have never been in a serious romantic relationship.
2) I've had a nail-chewing habit since childhood that I was never able to break.
3) I used to take piano lessons, but I stopped after it gave me a wrist injury one day.
4) In all my life, I never learned how to handwrite. All my writing to this day is via printing.
5) I used to play Dungeons & Dragons a lot, but gave up on it after a series of bad experiences.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Uhh, I'm gonna wing it and go with #2. :P

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Uhh, I'm gonna wing it and go with #2. :P

I see what you did there OwlsCantRead. :p

I’m going to wing it as well and choose #4.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) I have never been in a serious romantic relationship.
2) I've had a nail-chewing habit since childhood that I was never able to break. True
3) I used to take piano lessons, but I stopped after it gave me a wrist injury one day.
4) In all my life, I never learned how to handwrite. All my writing to this day is via printing. True
5) I used to play Dungeons & Dragons a lot, but gave up on it after a series of bad experiences.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
#5?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
#1?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) I have never been in a serious romantic relationship: Owls probably suspected this one was true, since him and I had a conversation about relationships recently. But yeah, I've been single all my life. There were girls back in school I had crushes on, but it never went anywhere beyond that. This isn't to say that I would "never" pursue a relationship, but for personal reasons I'm not actively seeking one right now.
2) I've had a nail-chewing habit since childhood that I was never able to break: I really wish I could break this habit, but so far no success. Maybe someday.
3) I used to take piano lessons, but I stopped after it gave me a wrist injury one day: While I did used to take piano lessons, never did I get a wrist injury from it, nor was it related to why I eventually stopped with the lessons. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a major wrist injury in my life.
4) In all my life, I never learned how to handwrite. All my writing to this day is via printing: I remember in my elementary school, they taught printing first, and then later on they taught handwriting. But my problem was that I'd already defaulted to printing, and I just never learned to switch over and/or to use both. Although I am considering trying to learn handwriting again sometime.
5) I used to play Dungeons & Dragons a lot, but gave up on it after a series of bad experiences: D&D was great in the beginning, but the people whom I played it with turned out to be incredibly toxic, and I had multiple failed attempts at finding a new group. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that D&D is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with anything in the past several years. But thankfully, I have since moved on and found better social arrangements for myself.

Your turn, whoever wants to go next. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I knew #1 & #4 from Discord, and admittedly I was worried about the wrist thing Stardust, and I actually thought #5 was false because you were eager to rp. But I'll give it a shot since I haven't done it before.

1) I have nearly drowned in three separate incidents in the past. Ducky, I am not... nope, nope, nope.
2) I have previously been an emcee for a large event held at an auditorium, with over 1000 people hearing my lovely (panicky) voice over the speaker system.
3) I can read and speak two different languages.
4) I have seen someone suffer from cardiac arrest right in front of me.
5) I have thrown a live grenade before.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 05:15:18 PM by OwlsCantRead »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier: #4 was a bit shocking to me honestly. What kind of school does printing before handwriting!? I’ve never heard of that before!

I honestly have almost no previous knowledge about you to reference here, so I’ll have to wing it again.

#5?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I knew #1 & #4 from Discord, and admittedly I was worried about the wrist thing Stardust, and I actually thought #5 was false because you were eager to rp. But I'll give it a shot since I haven't done it before.
I remember our conversation related to #1, though I forgot I'd also mentioned #4 as well. But then again, that's probably what inspired me to use it for the game here.

@StardustSoldier: #4 was a bit shocking to me honestly. What kind of school does printing before handwriting!? I’ve never heard of that before!
Well, *shrug*, that's what my school did. If I'm remembering correctly, they didn't teach handwriting until Grade 3.

#1?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember our conversation related to #1, though I forgot I'd also mentioned #4 as well. But then again, that's probably what inspired me to use it for the game here.
The only reason I remember #4 was because I recall complaining about my illegible handwriting, so there's that. :opetrie

I honestly have almost no previous knowledge about you to reference here, so I’ll have to wing it again.
Who knows? Maybe you'll learn more about me as you chip away at my wings.

1) I have nearly drowned in three separate incidents in the past. Ducky, I am not... nope, nope, nope. True.
2) I have previously been an emcee for a large event held at an auditorium, with over 1000 people hearing my lovely (panicky) voice over the speaker system.
3) I can read and speak two different languages.
4) I have seen someone suffer from cardiac arrest right in front of me.
5) I have thrown a live grenade before. True.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So...they taught kids how to write on a computer first? I mean, I definitely prefer that over writing everything by hand, but it still sounds so weird to me. :bang

Hmm...#4?