The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are yourthoughts on the reprise of"Big water"

Guest · 13 · 2151

Bruton the Iguanodon

When I first saw the reprise of this song in 9 I was pretty unimpressed, ad to this day I still am. I mean, I know with "Big Water" in the title of the film it would be wrong NOT to have the song, but still, it was too different for my liking. The original time they were all scared of it, and it had visuals that definitely appealed to my younger eyes, and it was just amazing. The reprise...was anything but. They were singing it happily, had goofy expressions on their faces, and...it felt like an insult to the original song. Plus, there were three other songs as it was, and there aren't more then 3 songs in an LBT film...

Call me nitpicky, but it just felt like pointless filler material and a lame rip-off of a really good song. My respect for theoriginal song dropped a few notches when I heard this version, but by now I know I shouldn't let something like that ruin my view of something I like.

Also, MarzGurl's review of this part was hilarious! "I braced myself for a song, but what I got I wasn't quite expecting..."

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

Is there a reason some topics i make, like this one, get no response?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You were told before that some topics are simply not interesting enough for other people to discuss. It happens all time. There really is no way to know which topics will explode with posts, and which will never kick off in the first place. You can post as many times as you want asking people to post, and you will achieve nothing. You can only get a warning for spamming.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Frankly I thought it was better than the Big Water reprise from the TV show.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yes, I agree. It was inferior to the original, but both were 10000 times better then that...crappy parody the series gave us  :x

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
I've always thought it was interesting and neat that they remembered something like the Big Water. I'm sure the crew is capable of remembering significant characters and other locations from time to time.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
To me I'm glad they threw in the nod. I remember when I first watched the movie it really caught me off guard and I thought it was a nice touch.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
It was okay, I guess; but, I still prefer the version of Big Water from the fifth movie.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was a welcome detail that proved that the creators still remember the earlier films. The film would have worked just as well without this song but I don't regret that this reprisal was in the movie. However, I don't have anything against the songs that used Big Water's melody in the TV series either. They were actually rather decent in terms of the series' quality and the Longneck Test song was actually rather nice, imo.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
I don’t know about song quality, but I did enjoy them for the cute factor, because the later two times, they are just singing to have fun, mess about, and don’t fear the Big Water as much.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
A reprise of any LBT song IMHO is lazy. Part of what I love about the LBT sequels is the surprisingly moving or catchy songs, to reuse a song from a previous installment is a sign that the composers and song writers are shirking their talent. It reminds me of a band that releases an album that is golden and has a track list of award winning songs and then their next album is terrible with a repeat of themes because they did not take the time to recover from their success and then start afresh on their new endeavor.

While I do not mind a slight reference or short homage to “Big Water,” a redux is not necessary IMHO.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith