The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Naturally attract opposite gender?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you attract the opposite gender so well that you would be considered a "Ladies Man" or "Gentlemen Woman" by society?

In all truth, I attract and socialize with women so well, that I would definitely be considered a Ladies Man.  I really don't get how I do it.  I've been able to attract the girls since my Junior High days.  Even to this day I tend to socialize with women quite well and feel much at ease when they are my co-worker.  In fact, with where I work, women work right near my department and I often get a woman as my manager whenever there's a change.  Even my YouTube Channel seems to attract the girls!

I really don't know how I do it.  I guess I'm just a natural Ladies Man. :D

Well, what about you guys?  How well do you attract the opposite gender?

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Careful Pokeplayer, your ego isn't leaving much room for anyone else on this thread :p

(its a joke, not meant to be mean, since thats hard to tell with just words)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I try not to attract people in that way.  I'm not on the market. :p I am and always will be single.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well there's a banner ad in my face that asks "Are you scared of women?", how appropriate. But nah, I ain't a 'ladies man'. Don't have your charm, I guess. :o

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have never been nor will I probably be a ladies man. I have been single for 26 lonely years. I just can't bring myself to talk to girls. Maybe, it's because I have poor self confidence, maybe It's because I'm just not good enough. I don't know I just get all shy around girls and can never really bring myself to say a simple sentence to her. God, I hate being single.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Can I just say I'm not applicable to this conversation? :p

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No, I've only had a few women be attracted to me and I have no idea why. When a complete stranger of the opposite sex talks to me, I don't freeze up and go all shy, but I'm not very social either. (I'm never reallly social anyway.)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't consider myself a "Gentleman Woman", :P: but sometimes I just get along with men better then women. :p Depends on my mood though. Sometimes I get along better with women, then men the next day. :p :lol:

I remember for awhile I HATED people of the opposite gender, it wasn't until freshman year that I started to warm up to people of the opposite gender again. :p

God, I hate being single.

Being single can definitely get lonely. But at least you don't have to comprise to the other person and you can basically do whatever you want.  :DD

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I hate no desire to attract a member of the opposite gender, to be honest. I prefer being single.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I used to say that, but that was when I was 14-15, and very headstrong. I've actually been told by a girl in person that she never wanted to marry, without me asking her about the subject at all! Now, I have every wish to attract a girl, and have had no problem in doing so... keeping something steady going... that's another thing. I need to devote more time to that...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I used to say that, but that was when I was 14-15, and very headstrong.

Well, I'm almost 18 and I believe Darkhououmon is older than I am.  I know I will never change, and it seems that she has made up her mind.  It has nothing to do with being headstrong.  It's a choice and preference.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wish I was able to be content with stayig single and I think if I had never dated anyone I think I could have been that way, but now that I've actually been in a fairly long and deep relationship I just can't ignore the fact that I'd like to have that kind of relationship with someone again.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never been in a relationship, its not that I can't, It just that I have trouble finding the right person...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've had lots of girls who've came after me and I could have went on a date with any one of them...but I'm just not interested in that kind of thing.  The first few times I had to tell a girl off were pretty difficult, but I'm accustomed to it now.  Strange enough, at my new school I was asked if I wanted to "do something" with them (hint hint) by one girl (I was only at that school for two weeks).  I try to be as unavailable as possible, and it has worked seeing as I only get a few girls interested in me per year....but it's not perfect.  I'm a nice guy and I can see why they're interested in me.  I'm just not interested in THEM.  I've only made a girl cry once when I told her off and she was just way over sensitive.  Once I explain the situation to them, most of them understand and there are no hard feelings between us.  The one that cried was just too attached.  She quickly forgave me and said she understood soon afterward.

I guess it's just not "normal" to want to stay single and not even go on a date, but I really don't care.  I am who I am and I just don't want to do those things.  I can't wait till I get out of school because at school you're FORCED to be with that person every day and they could possibly become interested.  But in real life, you can just walk away and you can better show that you're not interested.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I wish I was able to be content with stayig single
Don't be. I've always been a single myself, but I do not wish to be. I know there have been some girls in love with me whose feelings I did not return (friendship yes, but nothing more). Falling in love seems to be more complicate for me than for many. I don't want to be anybody's "knight in shining armor" to rescue her and be admired all the time until one day I fail to live up to her expectations.
I do not want to be the "gentlemen in distress" to be saved by a lady highly superior to me.
I am hoping for a relationship on the same eye-level, for a true partner. Apart from love itself I hope to have a family some day to pass on some of the love and care that I experienced from my parents. For a huge amount of time, through crisis, and war, and plague, and every kind of harsh events which must have been in some respects greater than some of those I face today, two people always found together which is why I am here today. I hope not to be the last link in the chain.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Another reason I'm single is I'm too finicky and its hard to find someone who has the standards I look for in a spouse.  Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am hoping for a relationship on the same eye-level, for a true partner.

That concept makes the most sense to me. It's better to be equals rather than those other two possibilities.

However, I doubt I could find a girl who would share my rather strange interests, particularly my wanting to avoid a Christian marriage ceremony. (I'm not religious so I don't see the point of me taking part in a ceremony such as that, but it seems that's how everyone shows their commitment to someone else these days.) I'm also very much against ever having children. (I just can't stand kids.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The way I see it, I'm still young and don't feel ready to settle down.  I can't say I'll always remain single 'cuz I dunno what the future holds for me ;).  I've been informed that it will be nearly impossible for me to become pregnant, so having biological children in the future is quite questionable.  As for the kind of guy I would hope to connect with, he would have to be an outdoors enthusiast who also loves to travel, is a daredevil like me, and is very understanding of me having Aspergers Syndrome.