The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23711

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I haven't read through every reply, but I'm mostly curious who voted that the original was the worst. Maybe they meant to click LBT 2 and accidentally selected the wrong one, but I find it hard to believe that the original could be disliked over the rest.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
LBT11 it was meaningless yet I have it in
English,Norwegian,Swedish,Russian,French,Espanol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will admit something here and now, I like LBT so much to the point that it's hard for me to admit when a movie is bad when I first watch it.  I have to subject myself to several viewings before I agree with it being bad or not.

That being said, I will also say that I don't see LBT 11 the worst.  How can I consider a movie that got me back into the franchise bad?  I simply cannot.  I've got too much respect for it.

So I guess my choice is obvious at this point, LBT 13.  Not only does it have the infamous label of being the movie that killed the franchise, it also gets the beatings for being just a bad idea turned worse, and being a movie that tricked us into thinking it was good.

We were all tricked into thinking it was good at first.  Not only is it better than most of the episodes in the TV Series, (Which we were quite used to seeing by then) but it literally pulls us in with the dark element of Grandma Longneck nearly dying right at the start.  However, after a few viewings and getting some ideal sense knocked into me, I see it as the absolute worst LBT movie ever made.

It just went downhill after the near-death experience.  We indeed get the element of the gang going on another dangerous journey, but not a well executed plot to work with it.  If it wasn't for the gang, those Yellowbellies would be dead in the end.  Let's face it, they're dumb in the end.  Only reason I can think of them surviving up to this point?  Safety in numbers.  When predators come, they just run with possibly one or two getting caught just and so that the rest can get away.

Or so I thought before I took a hard look at one simple "Wisdom" they hold, sticking their head in the ground to hide themselves.  Are you seriously kidding me?  What predator in LBT would be that stupid to fall for it?  They may as well be serving themselves to the carnivore.

The fart joke I seriously have NO respect for.  Sure, it gave me a held back laugh at most, but aside from that, it was just a bad joke.  And come on, they did it right on top of Ducky and Petrie.  I can't believe those two were subject to that.

All of this and more made us all question what direction Land Before Time was going in.  We were not liking it one bit.

It sad that this was the movie that forced Land Before Time to be shut down.  Hopefully, when a new movie is made, they will have learned from this movie and we will get something good from then on.

So, there you have it, LBT 13 as the absolute worst, and it'll be tough to change my mind about it.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
the only thing I hated about 2 were the songs but hey they're better then 13 and I thought 3 was also pretty good.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just thought 2 and 3 had no sense of scale. Chomper just didn't do it for me, and the bullies in 3 were just annoying.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought they bullies were okay but it would've been cooler if they made them like the Socs(preps) from The Outsiders,I thought Chomper was good but it was his parents that made the film great for me.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Personally, I kinda thought they were like preps, the way they acted as if they were superior, even if they weren't.

On a side note, why does everyone seem to like the Outsiders so much? I didn't think it was that great.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
maybe you haven't read the novel by S.E Hinton its alot better then the movie but the reason I like it is mainly because of the idea the author had when she wrote it and basiclly the plot and characters in general.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No, I've read the book, and it was better than the film, but still, I'm not that into it.

Anyway, I actually kinda liked 6, even though some say it's one of the less interesting sequels.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought it was cool to with the Lone Ranger,I mean Dinosaur ,Lone Dinosaur who's personaity is a cross between John Wayne and Clint Eastwood ,it can't get better than that.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked it mostly because it generated the idea of Granpa Longneck as a Story Speaker, which I think greatly added to his character.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought his storyteller aspect was great though I only liked that episode in the show because it breifly shown Littlefoot's mother as a child and you don't get to see her very often.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
On the episode "Legend of the story speakers" during Grandpa Longneck's song you see a young female longneck from a distance who could be LF's mother sliding into the water.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I took a screenshot of that.  Not a very good one.   It has 2 young longnecks who could be Littlefoot's parents when they were his age.  One of them has just slid down the tail of one of the adults and is doing a spin in the air before landing in the water.

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/K...t=Longnecks.png

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know...I don't think they sport the right colorations.

dragoonanime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I thought 13 was the worst. It had almost no serious parts except in the beginning with littlefoot's grandmother almost dying.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I still think lbt11 was the worst at least lbt13 did not  bore me out

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, who chose the first movie? lol

I saw 13 recently and it was pretty (no offense to anyone) idiotic. It didn't even come off as entertaining. I stopped watching half way through.

11 is probably the worse. The characters were way out of character and some of the morals were lame.

So there's my two cents on the whole thing.