The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23596

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
After seeing the 13th movie, I'd have to change my vote. But now that I think about it, I'm kind of on the same boat as some other people here. I don't hate any of the movies, I like them all. Numbers 13 and 6 are probably the two I like the least.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
edit: woops! wrong thread!

I think I found a glitch :x

Leopardi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
LBT 13. Things went full retard there... *sigh*

• Spike
    • View Profile
Things went full retard there... *sigh*

:lol

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I may need to rewatch some of the earlier films.

Can someone elaborate on the OOCness of the 13th movie? I finally got around to watching it today, but for some reason my brain isn't working well lol

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Highsoar,Jun 17 2010 on  11:51 PM
I may need to rewatch some of the earlier films.

Can someone elaborate on the OOCness of the 13th movie? I finally got around to watching it today, but for some reason my brain isn't working well lol
Aww man, where do I begin?

I never watched most of the movie. I got to the first song when I decided to stop watching. But from what I do know, Littlefoot becomes a devout follower of "the Wisdoms".  Basically, he's the world's very first preacher. He tells his friends and the Yellowbellies, "If you do not follow the Wisdoms, then you will be sent to Dino Hell!! Hail Raptor Jesus!!" Well not quite that dramatic but you get the idea. I can't really say for sure if the other characters were acting like themselves or not. Either way it was still a bad movie.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love all LBT movies, but LBT 2 is so annoying at times.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually really enjoy LBT II, but I can see how people would find it annoying. It was the first sequel to be released, so nobody had any idea what to expect from it. The introduction of songs was most likely confusing, and the lighter tone also might have come off as awkward. But I think that LBT III improved on it a bit. Having fire in the movie did make a slightly more serious tone, and although the first two songs were annoying, Kids Like Us was actually really nice.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I liked and still like LBT 2.
There is no denying though that it already broke with the style of the original movie quite a bit not just by adding the songs (none of those from LBT is one which I really like) but also by having just the one of the group whose mother was killed by a sharptooth (for all we know maybe just days ago) be the one least concerned about befriending a sharptooth. Also the ways they dealt with Chomper's parents set precedents for the incredibly stupid sharpteeth of later sequels.
However, in spite of these elements of a lighter tone LBT 2 also has elements darker than much of what we see in the later sequel. In LBT 2 (and 3) the Mysterious Beyond is still a rather creepy place rather than the kids playground it becomes in some of the later movies. A ground full of dinosaur carcasses. We also have a scene in which Littlefoot pretty much wants to sacrifice his life (telling Chomper to flee while he is stuck in the trunk), we have an intended murder out of revenge (Ozzy and Strut being a rare example of villains whose evil acts are motivated by but not exclusively based on the need to eat), and we have some rather sentimental scenes too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like the 11th and 13th movies have one by a long shot.  I do wonder who voted for the 1st movie though.  

I wonder how the movies are if the songs are taken out.  If someone does an edit with no songs in them.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You know, I think if all the songs except for the really good songs were taken out of the movies, people might actually like the sequels more. If we were left with Always There but got rid of the other two songs in LBT V, I wouldn't mind that. Most of all, I people would be a bit less critical of LBT XIII if the first two songs were taken out and we were left with How Do You Know.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Why did "Time of the great giving"
 get so many votes? It wasn't a bad film at all. In fact, I'd say it was the best. It's surprising how underated this film is---a lot of people seem to love 10 cause it has littlefoot's dad and 7 cause it has pterano, but can't anyone just love a film because it's actually good, like 3 was?

5 and 6 were OK, but they had their weak spots.
7-9 had even more weak spots but they were still liveable and interesting,

10...took things a little too far. It was the worst film yet, but was completely good compared to---

11. My god, I hate 11. From stealing a shot from a great song in 8...as seen here...

To the epic, climatic, sickening, full throttle meltdown, to that awful sharptooth action scene, to the overwhelming ending, where even when something good is said the characters get depressed, and there's that awful, overdone ending... :x

12 wasn't much better.

13... :x  :x  :x  :x

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I love them all, but I find Hyp, his gang, and Topsy in the Land Before Time III to be very annoying. Everything else in that movie is good, still I vote for LBT 3 because of the above reason.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I go with the majority... LBT 13
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I gotta go with movie XIII and 3 as well. I found three to be eh not the best and 13 was annoying and horrible with the yellow bellies.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bumping a necro thread once again.  :p

For me it is the 13th film that is my least favorite, though I was also not a fan of the sixth film.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Not counting LBT TV series in general, for me, it's LBT6.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For me, its XI, XII and XIII. They felt far cheaper with less care and attention afforded to them. Save for some aspects of XI and XII, nothing of any value would be lost if one passed on those three.

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
XIII is a really, really hard sit, with the only things in its favor in my eyes being an okay opening (before the first song) and two songs I don't consider bad (as much as I dislike the yellowbellies, I think "Yellow Belly Bounce" is catchy and has a nice beat, and I'm fine with "How Do You Know?").

Besides the obvious answer, the only three Land Before Time movies I think are worse than just bad are II, VI and IX; I think the second and ninth are unsalvageably boring while the sixth - though it at least holds my attention - is really irritating, badly plotted and has a ruinously poor climax.

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
For me it's XIII and III (although I like "Yellow Belly Bounce" and "How Do You Know?"), because III is kind of boring and Hyp and his gang are annoying (although I did kind of like Topps in it).
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo