The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 111855

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I've spread this around and there are those who think this was created because of the Jurassic World craze.  However, we on this forum KNOW that it's not the case.

I mean, 16 months is how long it was in production before the trailer came out.  We have another 8 months before it comes out.  Maybe they got the idea to make a new one while working on Jurassic World, but even then, you really can't say it's because of Jurassic World being popular.

In truth, I have seen how well the sequels still sell.  Parents who grew up with the series are the ones buying them for their kids.  THAT is who it is being aimed towards.  The new generation whom have come to enjoy the series thanks to the older generation.  I mean, I have two nephews who enjoy this series as well.  They absolutely LOVE dinosaurs.  It's a perfect fit for them.

So yeah.  Just wanted to say that.

If this turns out to be the love letter I'm hoping for, it'll be amazing. :)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 7 2015 on  01:55 AM
So, I've spread this around and there are those who think this was created because of the Jurassic World craze.  However, we on this forum KNOW that it's not the case.

I mean, 16 months is how long it was in production before the trailer came out.  We have another 8 months before it comes out.  Maybe they got the idea to make a new one while working on Jurassic World, but even then, you really can't say it's because of Jurassic World being popular.

In truth, I have seen how well the sequels still sell.  Parents who grew up with the series are the ones buying them for their kids.  THAT is who it is being aimed towards.  The new generation whom have come to enjoy the series thanks to the older generation.  I mean, I have two nephews who enjoy this series as well.  They absolutely LOVE dinosaurs.  It's a perfect fit for them.

So yeah.  Just wanted to say that.

If this turns out to be the love letter I'm hoping for, it'll be amazing. :)
Actually, "Jurassic World" began pre-production as way back as 2013, so I think the LBT staff saw it was happening and expected it to be popular. I mean, the sequels first came out after "Jurassic Park" was released and became popular; I think this is the same case here.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 7 2015 on  10:56 AM
Actually, "Jurassic World" began pre-production as way back as 2013, so I think the LBT staff saw it was happening and expected it to be popular. I mean, the sequels first came out after "Jurassic Park" was released and became popular; I think this is the same case here.
I'm not so sure about that. The first Jurassic Park movie came out in June 1993 while the second Land Before Time movie came out in December 1994. I am pretty sure that it would take longer than a year and a few months to storyboard, animate/film, and release a movie, even if it was direct to video. You could argue that since they are by the same company, they got the idea during production (well before the release of JP) to make another LBT film. But this is just speculation.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Your reasoning is very good, Pokeplayer. I can really see this being the reason for LBT to get continued after this long break.
Inactive, probably forever.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 7 2015 on  12:36 PM
I'm not so sure about that. The first Jurassic Park movie came out in June 1993 while the second Land Before Time movie came out in December 1994. I am pretty sure that it would take longer than a year and a few months to storyboard, animate/film, and release a movie, even if it was direct to video. You could argue that since they are by the same company, they got the idea during production (well before the release of JP) to make another LBT film. But this is just speculation.
I think that was what I meant...

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 7 2015 on  08:19 PM
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 7 2015 on  12:36 PM
I think that was what I meant...
Hopefully this movie gets a lot of positive reviews.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^^ Yeah hopefully.

I honestly do think this movie will be good. Who knows it might wind up being my new favorite sequel :yes
Life Is Good

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
In case any of you guys were wondering, the official website still isn't up and running yet (I checked like a few seconds ago)
Life Is Good

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm very excited to see the new movie!  I can't help but wonder what it's going to be like after all these years.  Hopefully they learned their lesson with LBT 13 and won't give us a steaming pile of turd again.  They need an actual plot with actual plot development.  Hopefully they'll give it more effort this time.

I'm also excited to see that the animation has gotten a lot better.  I'm also excited that they are offering an HD version of it.  Though I'm not a fan of the cloud enabled stuff, I should be able to find a way to rip it from the cloud to the computer so I can use it in projects and watch it whenever I want to.

I wonder if this is how things are going to go now.  Instead of buying a physical disk in the store, you buy a product key card in the store like they do with software so you can watch it online or download it to the computer.  That would be pretty darned awesome.  So long as it's DRM free.  I don't expect it to be, but you never know.  I guess I can always remove the DRM if necessary.  

Remember people, BUY IT when it comes out so they'll want to make the next one.  I know I'll be buying it - and I never buy ANYTHING when it comes to movies and TV.  It's mainly to show support.  I'll be pirating it before I buy it just because it's easier and I want to see it ASAP.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm starting to wonder if Chomper's parents will be in LBT 14 to some degree....
Life Is Good

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 10 2015 on  08:34 AM
Remember people, BUY IT when it comes out so they'll want to make the next one.  I know I'll be buying it - and I never buy ANYTHING when it comes to movies and TV.  It's mainly to show support.  I'll be pirating it before I buy it just because it's easier and I want to see it ASAP.
I'll try my best on that! :D

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 10 2015 on  05:46 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Chomper's parents will be in LBT 14 to some degree....
Probably not. Unless... Did Bron meet them and that's why he needs rescuing? :blink:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be a very dark plot  :blink:
Inactive, probably forever.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I just said this in some Skype chats, but It'd be real interesting in Chomper's parents are in this. If Bron and Chomper's parents are in the same area, that would make a lot of suspense, and conflict around the whole gang. It could put Littlefoot and Chomper's friendship to the test, give Cera a new reason to turn on Chomper. Even if Mama and Papa sharptooth didn't ever attack Bron, just that possibility would add a lot of urgency to Littlefoot's journey to help his dad.

I'm just speaking out of my tailhole here. There's no indication of Chomper's parents even being mentioned yet. Just wishful thinking on my part. :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I meant like as part of a sub plot or in a dream or flashback..... I guess it all depends on when lbt 14 takes place  :exactly
Life Is Good

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
So wait? You're saying after 1 or 2 encounters with the Yutyrannus/Monolophosaurus pair Chompers Parents attack Bron! THAT. WOULD. BE. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Aug 11 2015 on  07:46 AM
I think I just said this in some Skype chats, but It'd be real interesting in Chomper's parents are in this. If Bron and Chomper's parents are in the same area, that would make a lot of suspense, and conflict around the whole gang. It could put Littlefoot and Chomper's friendship to the test, give Cera a new reason to turn on Chomper. Even if Mama and Papa sharptooth didn't ever attack Bron, just that possibility would add a lot of urgency to Littlefoot's journey to help his dad.

I'm just speaking out of my tailhole here. There's no indication of Chomper's parents even being mentioned yet. Just wishful thinking on my part. :)
That would honestly be very interesting to see, then!

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I somehow doubt his parents are in this one.  From waht we've seen, Chomper and Ruby appear to be in the Great Valley and not going on this one.

(Perhaps Chomper is ticked at a certain comment of Bron's.  Cough *All Sharpteeth are cowards!* Cough and doesn't wanna help or felt that he wouldn't be welcome (Who knows, perhaps this is when Bron met Chomper only a few times and hence still wasn't that keen on him and Chomper doesn't seem to like being around those who don't like him..  Perhaps Bron actually called him a coward to his face and Chomper is still sore over it.  This coulda happened before Brave Longneck Test for all we know.)  And since Chomper isn't going, Ruby, who had promised to personally look after him, is unable to go either.

On the flip side, if Chomper DOES somehow end up coming along (perhaps tailing the Gang secretly with Ruby) and his parents DO somehow end up near where Bron is, I can honestly see Chomper fighitng his own parents to help Bron.

Chomper has already tripped his own mother before to help Littlefoot and the Leaf Eaters.  Later, he hid them in the fifth movie from his parents and lied to help hide them when they were in that bush.

Also, Chomper coming could be an asset.  He could always use his Sharptooth speaking ability to misdirect those pesky Yututyranuses.  

Besides, Chomper is a sweet  :angel  and wouldn't help his parents against the Gang.

Also, Chomper might not be allowed to go due the mere fact that he is a Sharptooth and some in the Great Valley might question what he'd do unsupervised in the Mysterious Beyond.

Of course, we have three more reasons for Chomper and Ruby NOT to go: Red Claw, Screech, and Thud.  As those three are after him and Ruby, bringing more Sharpteeth along to an already dangerous journey is a very bad idea.  Plus, though Chomper and Ruby do sometimes go into the Mysterious Beyond, they rarely are seen going out of sight of the Great Valley into it.

Indeed, Ruby may indeed forbid Chomper to go, saying that if she lost him, his parents would be ticked.  

On the other hand, perhaps Littlefoot & Co sneak off, without permission, to go get Bron (they've done that sort of thing countless times) and Chomper and Ruby stay behind as they have some reason to, perhaps to keep the grownups from trying to stop them, so they are like distractors to keep the grownups busy.

Or, perhaps they talk to Grandpa and Grandma Longneck and, after discussing why Littlefoot is so desperate to rescue Bron, Chomper FINALLY learns what happened to Littlefoot's mother.  Indeed, perhaps at that point, Chomper, feeling guilt for what he is, secretly sneaks off to go help Littlefoot (hence why he wasn't shown with the Gang for a lot of the trailer) and arrives just in time (he'd probably be better at getting up the Fire Mountain than the Gang with that balance of his.) to help Bron.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Confirmed! Megan Strange is NOT resuming her role as Ruby
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...83&id=676048656
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...83&id=676048656
Life Is Good

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?