The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 112341

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Aug 13 2015 on  05:50 PM
Sorry, but I can't view this info at all.   :unsure:  :unsure:
One of her friends on fb shared the trailer to Megan's page and asked if she's voicing Ruby. Her answer was "Sorry, didn't work on this one but it looks great!"
Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hmm, I really liked her voice. It suired Ruby perfectly. I wonder if whoever voices her in LBT 14 will have a similar voice or sound totally different (in which case I'd probably dislike the change...)
Inactive, probably forever.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 14 2015 on  04:37 AM
hmm, I really liked her voice. It suired Ruby perfectly. I wonder if whoever voices her in LBT 14 will have a similar voice or sound totally different (in which case I'd probably dislike the change...)
I'm pretty sure someone here mentioned that Ruby's chuckle sounded like Megan Strange but we now know that Ruby will not be voiced by Megan Strange so the new voice actress proably sounds like Megan Strange  :yes

Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is if it wasn't actually Cera :p I think we never came to a conclusion in that debate, did we?
Inactive, probably forever.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Good point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see  :exactly
Life Is Good

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ruby2,Aug 12 2015 on  11:22 AM
I somehow doubt his parents are in this one.  From waht we've seen, Chomper and Ruby appear to be in the Great Valley and not going on this one.

(Perhaps Chomper is ticked at a certain comment of Bron's.  Cough *All Sharpteeth are cowards!* Cough and doesn't wanna help or felt that he wouldn't be welcome (Who knows, perhaps this is when Bron met Chomper only a few times and hence still wasn't that keen on him and Chomper doesn't seem to like being around those who don't like him..  Perhaps Bron actually called him a coward to his face and Chomper is still sore over it.  This coulda happened before Brave Longneck Test for all we know.)  And since Chomper isn't going, Ruby, who had promised to personally look after him, is unable to go either.

On the flip side, if Chomper DOES somehow end up coming along (perhaps tailing the Gang secretly with Ruby) and his parents DO somehow end up near where Bron is, I can honestly see Chomper fighitng his own parents to help Bron.

Chomper has already tripped his own mother before to help Littlefoot and the Leaf Eaters.  Later, he hid them in the fifth movie from his parents and lied to help hide them when they were in that bush.

Also, Chomper coming could be an asset.  He could always use his Sharptooth speaking ability to misdirect those pesky Yututyranuses.  

Besides, Chomper is a sweet  :angel  and wouldn't help his parents against the Gang.

Also, Chomper might not be allowed to go due the mere fact that he is a Sharptooth and some in the Great Valley might question what he'd do unsupervised in the Mysterious Beyond.

Of course, we have three more reasons for Chomper and Ruby NOT to go: Red Claw, Screech, and Thud.  As those three are after him and Ruby, bringing more Sharpteeth along to an already dangerous journey is a very bad idea.  Plus, though Chomper and Ruby do sometimes go into the Mysterious Beyond, they rarely are seen going out of sight of the Great Valley into it.

Indeed, Ruby may indeed forbid Chomper to go, saying that if she lost him, his parents would be ticked.  

On the other hand, perhaps Littlefoot & Co sneak off, without permission, to go get Bron (they've done that sort of thing countless times) and Chomper and Ruby stay behind as they have some reason to, perhaps to keep the grownups from trying to stop them, so they are like distractors to keep the grownups busy.

Or, perhaps they talk to Grandpa and Grandma Longneck and, after discussing why Littlefoot is so desperate to rescue Bron, Chomper FINALLY learns what happened to Littlefoot's mother.  Indeed, perhaps at that point, Chomper, feeling guilt for what he is, secretly sneaks off to go help Littlefoot (hence why he wasn't shown with the Gang for a lot of the trailer) and arrives just in time (he'd probably be better at getting up the Fire Mountain than the Gang with that balance of his.) to help Bron.
Pretty good points made there. Can't wait to see what the movie will confirm from this.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Aug 16 2015 on  03:41 PM
Or, perhaps they talk to Grandpa and Grandma Longneck and, after discussing why Littlefoot is so desperate to rescue Bron, Chomper FINALLY learns what happened to Littlefoot's mother.  Indeed, perhaps at that point, Chomper, feeling guilt for what he is, secretly sneaks off to go help Littlefoot (hence why he wasn't shown with the Gang for a lot of the trailer) and arrives just in time (he'd probably be better at getting up the Fire Mountain than the Gang with that balance of his.) to help Bron.
That would be very interesting, but just  a little possible problem I see with that, is I don't think Chomper would wanna stick around the valley if the gang goes missing. At least some of the grownups are likely to suspect him as the reason they're gone.

Although, Grandpa and Grandma might still believe him, so it might make that point mute.

Would be another little interesting thing I'd like to see, though.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Reba just announced that her character is named Etta! She also announced she just finished recording Etta's lines and confirmed the movie would be out in Early 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/Reba/photos/a.1187...?type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/Reba/photos/a.1187...?type=1&theater

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Awesome news. Saw the name Etta on Wikipedia and LBT wiki. Good to know it was legit
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
^Seems like she's dying to talk about it! :D

I have a feeling the wait for official news may not be long now with Reba's Facebook post getting circulated everywhere, her LBT post is so far her second most-liked post in August and there are a few articles online now reporting on it, I think it's the first time anything Journey of the Brave related appeared on Google News.

Also, while this may not be official, but this Land Before Time Facebook page has just shared the Reba photo, and the reason I suspect it might be official is that it's the first time this website said anything related to Journey of the Brave at all; most of the previous posts were quotes from the first movie. What do you guys think?

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I really don't know what to think. But I am convinced the wait for offical news will be not be too long
Life Is Good

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Anndi Mcafee just replied to 2 people on her instagram photo

https://instagram.com/p/6b0wqyiOfq/
Life Is Good

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 21 2015 on  11:20 AM

Good to see she's back on board too! :D

Also, I just looked at the Wikipedia article and I've seen some interesting stuff (which I'm pretty sure isn't legit at the moment). Apparently, Corey Burton and Jim Cummings are replacing John Ingle and Kenneth Mars, respectively, while Kiefer Sutherland and Miriam Flynn are returning to voice Bron and Grandma, respectively.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Imdb has just updated its lbt 14 page. It lists Davis Doi (the one that's already confirmed) as the director as well as two writers. One of those writers is Cliff Ruby and I forgot the other one. Not offical of course except for the director.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4431254/

Edit: The other writer is Elana Lesser
Life Is Good

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 21 2015 on  11:20 AM

That's a cool find!

D'aww, that pic of Cera is too cute.  Who needs a snuggle stick or a pillow when you have that😄?  You may not wake up again, but the risk is worth it I'm sure😛.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
If Elana Lesser and Cliff Ruby really are the writers then that is further proof that this film will indeed be good. Afther all Lesser and Ruby were the writers for Balto and possibly the two sequels as well and since Balto was and still is an awesome movie then lbt 14 will be too  :exactly
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 25 2015 on  11:44 AM
If Elana Lesser and Cliff Ruby really are the writers then that is further proof that this film will indeed be good. Afther all Lesser and Ruby were the writers for Balto and possibly the two sequels as well and since Balto was and still is an awesome movie then lbt 14 will be too  :exactly
Cool info!  :exactly

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
One interesting tidbit here. On the landbeforetime.com website, it appears that the Barbie and Thomas movies that were supposed to be released on September 8th have already been digitally released, so they've been digitally released two weeks or so before they'll get their DVD releases. So maybe we'll get a digital release for LBT 14 slightly before the actual DVD release date?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh! If that's so that would be great, but I heard somewhere that it would be released in Early 2016?
8 years with TGOF :yum