The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask the Characters

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kora: it was nearly a year ago, when i invited her to voisit me in San Diego. we went for a hike on the around the zoo, took in a padres game ( they got crushed 18-1) and i showed her the new fridge i had just gotten. it was good to get caught up.
 Shelton: Did the events in Approaching the light actually happen,or no? Are they canon or not?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton: Obviously I didn't meet a vixen named Emi, but I did study abroad in Santa Camila my penultimate quarter of college. All the backstory elements from that story are true. Including, unfortunately, Chance Leslie.

---------------------

Marie, are there any dates or flings in your past you've never mentioned? You're the only member of the Around the Folf core 5 whose romantic history hasn't been almost completely chronicled over time.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marie: hmm there was one fling with a cheetah named masabi. we worked together in college prior to me finding work at the electric sheep, it ws a nightclub called wild dreams. no it was not a strip club despite the suggestive title, she was a DJ i ws an announcer when music was played. she wwas a couple years younger that me, and at first the relationship was platonic. then  her apartment got broken into and trashed, by some dweebs loking for anything they could pawn to fuel  their nightcrawler habit.

nightcrawler is one of the few drugs that are as dangerous as biproxytol, it affects the brain and makes you completely delusional, it can easily kill you by making you think you can fly. anyway i let her stay with me for awhile until we could recover most of her stuff- which we eventually did, the guys that did it were found unconscious in a street corner a few days later. they were saved by doctors and are now spending the rest of their lives tin a detox facility. noghtcrawler takes a LONG time to weed out of the system.
 anyway masabi became roomates with me and it was, about a month after she moved in, that she and i kissed for the first time. i had noticed her looking at me with strange looks for some time up to then. and well that first kiss led to us having sex that night, and we segwayed into a very nice relationship. masabi introduced me to her folks who were lawyers at a high powered law firm that specialized in protecting celebrities from their screwups. they made buttloads of money, minimum fee to get them to represent you was 100 million creds. and there were cases where they earned 10 billion creds foir a case. . masabi would inherit a ton of money when she turned 18. her folks were nice to me, and didnt care that their daughter liked tits instead of dick. all in all it looked like i was set to have a very nice life. i had a loving girlfriend, i got a big raise at the club , and my follks approved of masabi whjen i introduced her. in fact my mom asked us f we had  a wedding date set.

you're probably wondering how i ended up in the black sheep. well. wild dreams got burned down by arson in our senior year, and masabi inherited her money. now she could buy whatever she wanted, and she stared going on long extended shopping sprees. i had lost my job when the cluib burned down and was forced to lean on masabi more and more for rent. it started to strain our relationship , because try as i might, none of the other clubs were hiring. finally i landed the job at the black sjheep and immediately realized it was a strip club. well, thats not something you casually discuss in conversation, so i kept that hush hush from both my folks and hers. the money, i think changed masabi. it often does. from a sweet caring and bubbly personality, she became someone who only cared to burn through 100s of thousands of creds each night by clothes and bling. she also.,, found another cheetah named unca, and i walked in on them making love  on the coach after coming home from the black sheep. unca was a cheetah who had recently lost her job at the sheep, so i had recognized her and she recognize me. lets just say, we had words when i interrupted their 'freaky fast' grinding. we had started growing apart before this but this really set things in motion. unca was really just using her because she was so loaded - this girl had to have at least 1  billion creds at that point-  and i was hurt because i had been with masabi for nearly 4 years at this point. i could have easily blabbed to her folks about this fling, and they would have likely responded by cutting down her income significantly. but i decided to keep things in house. in hindsight that was a mistake.

i think looking back that the only way to save our relationship would have been  to ask for help from my folks and hers, an intervention if you will. but i was young and trying to make things work on my own. well, that failed. on the night of our 5 year anniversary. masabi sat me down and told me she was breaking up with me, because it wasnt fun to be with me any more. she moved out a couple days later, and that was pretty much it. she didnt give me any money to help with my rent  or anything. her folks got in touch with me once after that, basically apologizing for the dumping and the way masabi had treated me for the last year plus. her father sent me a few thousand creds and his card and promised that if i ever needed anything from him to call him. i never have, although i still have that card. her mother  ran into me a couple years ago in the middle of the street. she recognized me, greeted me warmly enough,  and told me that masabi had overdosed on nightcrawler.  she survived, barely but would be in detox for the rest of her life, basically.. once, i would have been heartbroken to hear that, but that way everything had ended had tainted nearly all my memories of her. i've never discussed masabi with rose, or marita or anybody. think of this as my confession to the local priest.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:31:36 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Anne: My radio-horn? Ohh, I've had it it since I was fifteen. Yeah, I know, I know, non-medical implants, genemods and the like are banned for anyone under 18, but really who gives a shit? At my high school, you had people rocking blue hair, glowing skin, e-tats, basically whatever cosmodics they could afford. And of course, the rich ones who had functional augs. Like me. Wasn't rich but I managed to spaghetti up a reciever out of some spare parts. It wasn't implanted but I hid the wires pretty well. But in college, I managed to get a proper radio horn implanted and the best part is they managed to get it to work with my old one.

As for upgrading it? Fuck yeah! Matter fact, Dr. Zheng's got a new version with improved decryption, better signal processing and even jamming capabilities. Granted the jammer requires me to wear a "tiara" that supplies additional power to the jammer but hey, can't have it all.

----------------------

Emilena - Have there been cases that disgusted you so much you just killed the perps instead of bringing them in?

Stripetail - How far can you teleport?

(OOC - Spaghetti as a verb is an ITB slang term for throwing something together. It comes from the term spaghetti code, meaning unorganized, messy...and pretty much unrepairable code.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:31:02 PM by Serris »

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Emilena - Have there been cases that disgusted you so much you just killed the perps instead of bringing them in?

Emilena: Unfortunately, 10-67s are extremely scrutinized, and I got into policework after they invented infallible body cameras. I only have one case where I killed a suspect who wasn’t threatening me, and it led to me losing my badge, with mandatory probation when I finally earned my way back on the force.

The warden of my old orphanage had died suddenly, and I was sent to investigate. My last days as a ward in Nature's Heart had been unpleasant; I’d discovered that the warden’s son, a disgraced medical student, was experimenting on orphans, altering their brain chemistry to make them docile. The cops saved my life when he tried to kill me, and I thought he’d been permanently imprisoned without bail.

So imagine my surprise when I returned as an adult and met him back at Nature’s Heart, the new warden in his mother’s stead! Apparently he’d behaved, apologized, and doe-eyed his way to an early release. Well, with some sleuthing around the premises and assistance from the orphans, I discovered he’d gone right back to his old ways, and his mom had died trying to stop a young boy from escaping their basement lab. I wasn’t interested in letting him dodge justice again, so I walked into his office and shot him in the face. And then I turned in my body cam, went to jail for murder, and met a lot of other people I’d put behind bars. But that’s another story...

--------------------------------------------

James Zanasiu, before the events of the RPs, what was the most dangerous experience of your life?

Tony, any idea what's become of Cavanaugh? He survived the first RP but hasn't been seen since.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:16:54 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on December 01, 2018, 02:22:17 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on December 01, 2018, 02:22:17 AM
Awe, Tony, what's your favorite weapon? If it's a gun, why do you prefer it over other firearms?

Awe: All depends on the mission. Short range I prefer a double barrel shotgun or a smg. For longer ranges I go for the fifty cal sniper or an assault rifle.

Emilena what are your favorite weapons?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace on May 17, 2019, 10:29:27 PM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace on May 17, 2019, 10:29:27 PM
Emilena what are your favorite weapons?
Emilena: Once upon a time, my favorite gun was the standard-issue police Glock. Low recoil, easy handling, and quick to swap out attachments (like a laser sight or silencer) if the situation called for it. But after going criminal, I found myself gravitating towards SMGs due to being powerful yet concealable. My weapon of choice when drug-running was a Mac-10. After becoming wealthy, I did my research and purchased a Glock 18C with extended magazine, which comes with a full-auto toggle and feels like the best of both worlds. Too bad I left it in my goddamn apartment when visiting Tony at the bar...

Outside of firearms, I have trained extensively with improvised slings, mostly out of necessity. I seem to find myself captured and stripped of gear depressingly often, and sometimes a strip of cloth is the only defense I can cobble together in an emergency. Plus it can double as a garotte in melee combat. I'm also pretty handy with a taser since it was the only weapon I could use while on probation after going to prison late in my police career.

Awe, do you have any other experiences completing missions underwater? Alternately, what's the weirdest place you've had to pull off a hit?

Zula, have you ever used a gun or other weapon? What was the situation?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awe: Yep. I've done many an underwater mission. As for the weirdest place I've pulled off a hit that's a tricky question I've pulled off many a hit. but the strangest would probably be when I had to disguise myself as a waiter in a... *ahem* well let's just say not the kind of restaurant you bring your kids to.

---------------------

Oscar if you did end up having kids what you you have named them?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Oscar: Hmmm... Oscar jr.

Rudyard: You fucking wouldn't.

Oscar: Why not? Oscar's a great name.

Rudyard: Yeah, Dad picked it from grandpa. So logically, if you're keeping the pattern, you would pick John.

Oscar: OK, well, if you're so good at names, what would you have picked?

Rudyard: Terrance. He was our assistant for years and died protecting us during the terrorist invasion; without him, I might be dead and you'd never have existed.

Oscar: Humpf. I guess that's true.

Awe, if your employer told you to assassinate your current party members, would you do it? And who would you kill first to maximize your chances of success?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:40:23 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail: how far can I teleport? well to be honest I've never really tested the limits of how far I can magic myself, suffice it to say i can magic myself pretty much wherever I need to go. normally, i prepare myself before teleporting far distances, as it wouldnt do to find yourself magicked into an active firefight  and find you dont have any food provisions with you- or armor for that matter. Had that happen to me once,  what i had thought was a peaceful neighboring country, turned out instead to be in the grips of a brutal bloody struggle for power. all i had on me was my staff some Aestorican coin, and a guide to the capital city which was some 15 years out of date. It was a mess getting out lets put it simply. 

Zula: Well i took a gun training course this one time. Couple weeks of using a gun, and well afterwards i decided guns was not the thing for me. For one thing, i"m a really bad shot. I think i hit the target just 3 or 4 times despite dozens of attempts and never hit the center target at all. So I'll leave firing guns in the hands of others if  at all possible .

Emilena, while on the force did you ever have a partner?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena: I never got a partner during my regular duties, since I was never promoted past junior officer. While on probation, I was forced to accompany Lt. Reins on his cases, but he treated me more like an assistant. Honestly, my street contact Nairda was the only person who ever wanted to work with me as an equal, which was why I'd often ask for his help on cases. If only I'd known just how 'equal' we really were, I could have stopped our relationship from going further than that...

Kora, are you in a committed relationship right now? What are your romantic preferences?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 12:12:52 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kora: no, not in a committed relationship right now, as my work takes up the vast majority of my time. as for my romantic preferences, i want someone whos loyal, who understands me, and doesnt mooch off me.  in honesty, i havent really looked for anyone, because again, demands of job.
 Emilena, what weas the toughest job you ever had to do while in the force?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena: I've been on multiple life-threatening cases, and have had to make a lot of tough life-or-death decisions, but the Salida case is the only one that left a long-lasting psychological impact on me. It involved a fellow graduate of the Growth Acceleration program and an elderly couple that took advantage of his underdeveloped physiology to regress him back to an infantile mental state. They thought their tactics would work on me as well, and I had to spend days strapped down in their pitch-black basement while they tried to 'convert' me back into a kid. I had to rely on psychological tactics to drive the couple against each other and orchestrate my opportunity to escape. It worked, but for months after that I slept with the lights on...

Actually, shoutout to that other time I got kidnapped, when I had to survive for over 24 hours in the Rainsford Shrublands. I was investigating an eco-terrorist gang led by Hania Enapay, that nutjob who I heard Soren and Axel tussled with in Cornova. He was a real piece of work...they came to my apartment, strangled me (they thought to death), and dumped my body out in the middle of nowhere. I managed to track them through the wilderness and we all played cat-and-mouse for a bit, and it ultimately led to the deaths of his whole gang in an all-consuming wildfire. Too bad for that landscape you were trying to protect, Hania.

--------------------------------

Werner, if you had known Pomson would end up killing you, would you have done anything different regarding your whole relationship with her?

Soren, Zula, do you have a favorite song?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:39:57 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awe: Well it would all depend on the circumstances, but if anything I'd take Tony out first to limit their resources.

Werner: I'd probably not have gotten so wrapped up in working on the cure and spent a bit more time with her. I think that it was my putting all my focus on the cure that drove her away from me. Turned her cold to everything I blame more myself than her.

--------------------------

Rudy what are your thoughts on Werner falling in love with and ultimately being killed by the daughter of Halsey?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Rudyard: I'd have never supported it if I'd been informed about him returning to the desert settlement in the first place. They tried to kill all of us in Pelvanida, they're self-described terrorists for god's sake. Kerzach and I were still undercover in Dragonstorm at the time Werner and Hans left James' team, and I can't believe everyone just let our friends drive off to die in that settlement. Werner was too kind-hearted for his own good and should not have risked his life trying to help them; those were not well-adjusted people and I blame all of them for his death.

Awe, what was the most dangerous assignment you've ever taken?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:35:32 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Kerzach in Insane Cafe: Have you practiced with your new robotic arm at all? What are some ‘hard light’ structures you plan on using in your next fight?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:21:39 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zula: my favorite song ' is "I Drove All Night" by Celine Dion. naturally i cant sing like her, although my singing voice is pretty good, took singing lessons in college. Something about the beat just gets me in a good mood, when I hear it.
Emilena, same question. any favorite songs?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Zula: my favorite song ' is "I Drove All Night" by Celine Dion. naturally i cant sing like her, although my singing voice is pretty good, took singing lessons in college. Something about the beat just gets me in a good mood, when I hear it.
Emilena, same question. any favorite songs?

Emilena: I don’t like music with lyrics; they distract me. I tend to listen to the instrumentals from musicals that inspire me, like The Scarlet Pumpernickel, Chess, or Sweeney Todd. I like storylines involving a lone wolf protagonist who’s willing to break all the rules to chase a worldview that normal people wouldn’t agree with.

Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace on July 20, 2019, 12:06:44 AM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace on July 20, 2019, 12:06:44 AM
Emilena were you expecting to die in the raid on the underwater base?

Emilena: I probably should have. Why couldn't I have belonged to literally any of the other authors? LettuceBacon&Tomato always kills his fucking characters!

Shelton: Seriously, fuck LettuceBacon&Tomato.

Oscar, Lily, Lupis, Foley, Hal, and Nairda: Fuck LettuceBacon&Tomato.

Flora: Er, maybe we shouldn't finish Around the Folf...Let's just end the roleplay early.

———————
Nigel Munroe, if your RP had actually happened, what Pokemon would you have had on your team?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:02:18 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zula; Oh, I like musicals too. Sweeney Todd is fun, except the barber goes more and more off the deep end as the play goes on. then again, given what happened to him, I cant entirely fault him either.
 Emilena, do you have any favorite movies?  Young frankenstein is one of mine..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena, do you have any favorite movies?  Young frankenstein is one of mine..

Emilena: Cloud Atlas is the only film I saw as a child. When I was young and lived in the orphanage, I once found a remote somebody had left out and watched the airplane edition of it on a television in the staff room. To be fully honest, Nurse Noakes probably had a bit too much of an influence on how I turned out as an adult...

Kora, how are you taking the discovery that your old friend works at a psionic research facility full of test subjects with strange powers? And what's your opinion of the whole Sartonic situation from a scientific perspective?

Neku from Around the Folf, what are your first impressions of Sharal'tar?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:11:25 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »