The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"A New Journey" (based on Watership Down)

Petrie. · 334 · 24787

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rankin gazed past arvens and at the body. What would be an indifferent reaction, having the experience of losing loved ones to violence, was mixed with furiousness that he had managed to bottle up. He didn't know the buck very well, but knowing that the weasel had caused it angered him. He answered Arvens

"I can."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Good," Arvens said "We will move out immediately then." He looked at Neltita, who was still sitting by Thyme's body. She acted like she didn't hear anything that was said. Arvens hopped to her and nudged her with his nose. He could understand her pain and the need to mourn friend, but they couldn't stay in the chapel.

"Neltita, we have to go," he said to doe, who finally looked away from dead body to Arvens.

"Go? Yes... You're right. We have to go, but what about Thyme?" she asked miserably. Former captain glanced at corpse.

"We can't leave him here. The body would attract elil into this ruins and that would bring trouble upon our mice friends," Arvens said "No. We have to carry him out."

"And burry him? I wouldn't want that weasel get him."

Arvens felt a wave of anger raising in his heart at the mention of the predator. How he wished he could get his claws on that elil...

"Weasels have good sense of smell and they can dig, so burrying Thyme won't help, Neltita. I'm sorry." he looked at the doe with compassion, then he turned to Rankin "Help me moving the body out of here, Rankin. Cinankhen. Go to mice burrows and tell them that they should be very vigilant for a few next days."

After that being said, Arvens grabbed corpse with his teeth, waiting for Rankin to help him with pulling it.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rankin hopped over and helped with the body, gripping the former thyme's paw with his teeth and pulling the body out of the building with Arvens. He felt an inkling of sympathy for the doe, if not for her aid earlier with his wound, however he had the feeling that she wouldn't be able to stomach the loss so easily.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
The hair on Mayberry's body was standing on end, and despite her raw, boiling and almost palpable amount of rage, she also felt a great deal of sorrow and pity for Thyme. "It shouldn't have happened... not like this. I should have moved faster, struck sooner, I should have done SOMETHING! I am so angry... and hateful, I'm going to find that weasel and I'll drag him back here with his head in my paws if I must!" she shouted aloud with her rage barely contained.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
All along Cinankhen had remained a bit apart from everyone else. Only gradually and only when everyone else was leaving did he leave the corner of the ruin into which he had retired before.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Once outside Arvens released his hold of Thyme's body. There was nothing else to be done in this place. He looked at the others, who had left the ruins: Rankin, Mayberry, Neltita and Cinankhen.

Lord Frith. May I get them all to safe place alive. he prayed shortly, then said aloud:

"Time to go. Follow me," and he turned in direction they had been going before they met mouse Meadrah. He was hopping swiftly, expecting others to do the same.

Neltita stayed by the corpse for a moment before going too. Her eyes had gone dull, her ears were sagging and there was no spring in her step.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cinankhen followed last but for Neltita in line. Moving rather mechanically. Only someone who would have been very close to him would have heard him huming a silent melody.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Eventually all rabbits had left and Whitetail was able to climb down the tree. He looked around, making sure that the longears were really gone. Then he walked to dead body, which was lying on ground. He smiled. At last, he will be able to satisfy his hunger with rabbit's meat. He was about to sink his teeth in the corpse, when he heard a growl behind him. As he quickly turned around, he saw a fox closing in, giving Whitetail a clear warning. Weasel hissed angrily, but he wasn't stupid. There was no way he could fight with the fox, so he just run into the building and once inside he looked out. At that moment, he saw fox carrying dead rabbit's body and running off, probably to his own den.

"Typical. You do all the hard work, you risk your life and then someone else takes away your prey," Whitetail snarled. He was so frustrated, that he almost didn't hear a small voice coming from some corner of the ruined chapel:

"Cinankhen? Arvens? It's me. Meadrah. Where are you, rabbits?"

Hearing that, Whitetail forgot about the incident with that stinking fox. He crept towards the source of the voice and he saw a mouse. She wasn't aware of his presence, so he used that opportunity, jumping at the mouse swiftly. She didn't have a chance.

"Mmm... This night isn't so bad after all," Whitetail said with a cruel smile, as he started his feast...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Right amidst his silent huming Cinankhen flinched suddenly and jumped as if he was jerking up out of a terrible nightmare. "The mice!" he shouted. "Did anyone of us talk to the mice after the attack?"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Arvens looked at Cinankhen, "You were supposed to warn them. You did that, right?"

At this very moment Neltita stopped, trembling, "Another friend died!" she cried miserably.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cinankhen was staring at nothing specific. Muttering something unintelligable. Something that sounded like, "I was unpresent." was all that could be understood, if understood it was.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Arvens was clearly and understandably confused by both Cinankhen and Neltita, "What are you two talking about, in Frith's name?! What friend do you mean, Neltita?"

"The mouse that guided us into the ruins. Meadrah. She was killed by the weasel," doe answered, her voice shaking.

"How do you know that?" Arvens asked. He wasn't sure, if he believed her.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rankin had remained unsurprised.. "It wouldn't be too hard of a guess anyway. The weasel was hungry and it found a mouse."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Arvens thought about that answer for a second. It wouldn't be strange for a weasel to kill a mouse (if there was an occasion for it), even though one rabbit should be enough of a meal for that predator. Arvens wasn't entirely convinced that Meadrah was really killed. On the other hand, somewhere deep in his heart he knew it to be true. Either way, there was no point in staying in this place. They had to move. If only they knew what lies ahead of them...