The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Themed Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice one!  :lol Thank you for revealing us Snik's favorite character of all! That expression is pretty hilarious.  :DD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I will draw reaction picture for this. >:[
Awesome! That's more than I could have ever asked for.

Nice one! :lol Thank you for revealing us Snik's favorite character of all! That expression is pretty hilarious. :DD
Hey no problem! It was a burden to know and not being able to tell anyone. I used the troll face as my inspiration, in case it wasn't obvious.

On a slightly more serious note, here are the actual cards I was going to show.

Littlefoot's Mother: First off, I just had to have a bit of dark humor here. The main reason why I included her was to have her have abilities that's based around her being destroyed. Second, it is really hard to draw a whole full sized longneck in these small spaces. I had to change her pose a bit by having her head wrapped towards her body to fit. There is also not a lot of space to draw the head so it ended up looking kinda weird. She has 2 different abilities. The first one is that you can tribute her and pay some life points to normal summon "The Sharptooth" to the field (instead of having to tribute 2 monsters). The other is that when it gets destroyed (not tributed), you get to look for "Great Valley" and put it at the top of your deck.

The Sharptooth: How could he not be in here? Hopefully this is the one you were actually waiting for Snik? I know he is generally referred to as Sharptooth, but I felt it more significant if he was mentioned as THE Sharptooth, as he is the original. The picture should hopefully be noticeable, the part where he jumps onto Littlefoot's mother's back. I wanted to try and use an action scene for him and this was the most prominent in my mind. It was a little difficult to draw since the original scene is pretty dark. He also has 2 abilities, though the first one is more of joke effect; When he is summoned, he destroys Littlefoot's mother if it is in play. His main ability is that he deals pierce damage, which means the opponent still takes damage if a monster in defense mode is destroyed. This can put pressure on the opponent, especially as you can pick off weaker monsters if they're trying to stall (kinda ironic as Sharptooth was killed by small children).

Bron: Another large longneck to draw but I think it turned out a bit better. I drew him from the scene just after he through the rock down at the sharptooth. Bron can't be played if Littlefoot's mother is in play because he was never around. I was on a role for crapping on Littlefoot's mother so I decided, why stop?  Joking aside, since Bron is a leader of a herd it made sense that he would give a buff in ATK and DEF to all other dinosaur monsters you control.

Great Valley: What's this? Not a character? To those unfamiliar to Yu-Gi-Oh there are 3 main types of cards: monster, spell, and trap. This is a field type spell card. Only one can be played on your side at a time and they usually have some sort of global effect. In this case, it buffs all dinosaurs DEF in play by 500 (including opponents). I'll go into more detail of others when I show them. This was a card I was dreading drawing as I'm not that great at drawing backgrounds and environments. I don't know what movie it's from, but I manged to find a pretty simple shot of the Great Valley with pretty much only 2 major features, the surrounding mountains with a river through the middle. It's really hard to tell without color but the parts just at the base of the mountains are supposed to be trees :lol
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:30:52 PM by Flathead770 »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice ones :)

I must say your ideas for the effects of the cards are really interesting to ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
finally! Two of three favorite characters are right here!

Though Sharpooth is not enough scary and dangerous there, but it's ok.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good job again.  :) The shading of the mountains in the Great Valley card look really nice as do the details on Bron! The Sharptooth's expression could have been more aggressive but otherwise these are really nice drawings.   :)littlefoot

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I must say your ideas for the effects of the cards are really interesting to
That's where half the fun can come into making up cards. I must admit that these cards were pretty fun to design.

finally! Two of three favorite characters are right here!
Glad that I finally got to see them. I just had to troll you a bit since you kept commenting on it.

The shading of the mountains in the Great Valley card look really nice as do the details on Bron!
The shading really does help. Otherwise it just ends up looking like a bunch of random triangular looking shapes.

@Snik, Sovereign regarding Sharptooth
At the time I never noticed, but all it probably needs is to just give him some angry eyes to make him look a bit more intimidating. Since that's a quick fix I will probably change that at some point, thanks.

----------------

So now there is going to be a bit of a change of pace. With almost all of my monster cards shown, I'll be switching it up and showing my spell and trap cards now. I'll try and quickly go over the basic rules going over these cards.

Spell and trap cards take up just behind your monsters and can have a max of 5 in place at any given time. Trap cards require to be set (placed face down) for a turn before they're allowed to be used. Traps always have a condition that needs to be met for them to be played as well. Spells can generally be played immediately from your hand if it's your turn (not always though). Spells can also be set however to potentially bluff your opponent into think you have a trap. There are a few different rules for specific types of traps and spells that I'll explain along the way.

Treestar: Nothing much to explain here. It's just used to increase life points. Probably the most boring card.

Night Flower: Brings a monster from the graveyard (discard pile) into your hand. A way of getting a monster back if it was destroyed or discarded previously. It's a pretty fun flower to draw.

Friends for Dinner: Now things get a little more interesting. This card allows you to tribute a monster you control to add it's ATK to another monster for the turn. The idea behind this is to possibly power up your monster enough to take down an opponents stronger monster. This spell card is a quick play, which means it has to be set face down for a turn like a trap. The flip side is that it can be played at any point, whether your attacking or beings attacked, giving it some versatility.

Swarming Leaf Gobblers: A trap card specifically designed for removing other activated traps or spells. Since they eat all the leaves the idea was that they eat the card? Seemed to make sense for me with cards being made from paper which is made from trees. Since this card is a counter trap, it can only be countered by another counter trap (it has the highest spell speed possible).

These cards may not be as exciting as the last few that I've shown so I'm getting them out of the way now.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:31:15 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
:lol

don't use Friends for Dinner spell, Chomper. Or Topps would use Spike Horn spell on you...  :blink:

I like you use important flora too.   :yes
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's a nice idea to use the non-character objects on these cards. I especially like the look of the Night Flower, the details look good in it..  I like the idea of expanding the idea pool for the cards and the other ones look quite good as well. Great job again.  :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved all the attacks each card does it's awesome and fantastic great job drawing these cards

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
These look great! Do you think you could put the Plated Sharptooth there?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice I love the tree star one that gives you life points

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 12 2017 on  10:18 PM
Nice I love the tree star one that gives you life points
single post, Adfan.
or Edit button.
 :rolleyes:
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, try to remember that Adfan.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
don't use Friends for Dinner spell, Chomper. Or Topps would use Spike Horn spell on you
Haha Chomper does have that look in his eyes.

It's a nice idea to use the non-character objects on these cards. I especially like the look of the Night Flower, the details look good in it.. I like the idea of expanding the idea pool for the cards and the other ones look quite good as well. Great job again.
Yea it's pretty easy to come up with monster cards as you just pick a character and draw it and maybe come up with an ability that makes sense. These cards generally require a bit of creativity and a bit more effort to find a good scene to draw from.

Glad you like them. I'm actually not sure which sharptooth that is? Is it the one in your avatar? Generally I've avoided putting in characters that don't have names and would rely on descriptions. For sharpteeth that falls down to only a few of the main ones.
Now I can still draw it as a card if you want, or if you just want to see a drawing of it I can put it in my fanart topic. That way I could do a proper sized picture instead of a 4.5cm x 4.5cm one.

@ADFan185
I appreciate your positivity and eagerness but since people have mentioned your posting habits a couple of times I should mention that you won't hurt my feelings if you don't reply as soon as possible. You can look at the pictures, give it some thought, then write a post containing all of your thoughts later. That's what I do at least if I'm not entirely sure what to say at the moment.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I think it's about time for an update.

Takes All Sorts: Sorry Ali fans, this is the only time she comes up out of all the cards I drew. This card allows you to search your deck for a monster that doesn't share an attribute with a monster that you already have in play, up to level 6. That means if Littlefoot is in play I couldn't search for monster that has a light attribute. Remember that diversity is the rightest way, according to reports at least.

Time of Great Giving: The initial idea for this card was quite different and was more or less intended as more of a joke card. Originally it had both players giving one of their cards in their hand to the other. While this was neat it felt quite impractical, so it got changed to be a draw support card for potentially both players.

Trip Vine: A trap that lowers the ATK of an attacking monster. The main purpose of this card is to lower a monsters ATK enough so it can be destroyed by the monster being attacked. Hmmm, why is Chomper's mom's ankle claw so far down the foot in this drawing? Not sure why I did that.

Convenient Boulder: Poor Chomper's mother, getting hit with all these traps. This has been a joke with a friend of mine that there always seems to be a rock or something that's conveniently placed so that it can be knocked down on sharpteeth. The requirements for this card is higher, requiring a total combined level of 7 among all of your monsters, but at the benefit of straight up destroying attacking monster.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:31:28 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great cards they're very awesome and good. You're good at drawing these cards.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Jun 12 2017 on  07:54 PM
Glad you like them. I'm actually not sure which sharptooth that is? Is it the one in your avatar? Generally I've avoided putting in characters that don't have names and would rely on descriptions. For sharpteeth that falls down to only a few of the main ones.
Now I can still draw it as a card if you want, or if you just want to see a drawing of it I can put it in my fanart topic. That way I could do a proper sized picture instead of a 4.5cm x 4.5cm one.
It is the green sharptooth from the fifth film that chases the gang and fights Chomper's parents.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you mean by convenient boulder!? I've never heard of such a thing (sarcasm).  :lol In any case, I liked these ones, especially the Time of Great Giving looks good as does the shading on the before-mentioned card. Nice job!  :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I was drawing reaction picture-card, but suddenly went to absolutely different direction. Oo
and here is result:

I will post reaction tomorrow.  ^^spike
6/14
0/26