The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I've left LBT...

Jrd89 · 19 · 3502

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, I am now more into Elsa the pteranodon and "We're Back: A Dinosaur Story".

My Land Before Time phase is over. I've exited my phase after 4 1/2 years. I got rid of all of my LBT dvd's a few days ago, cold turkey. But, i'm not leaving the gof.

You see...I have more past childhood memories and connections behind "We're Back" than I do with LBT.

Look guys.. I know that "We're Back" is a much lesser-known movie with a much lower fan base than LBT, but I love the movie, personally.

The 2 things that We're Back, and the LBT sequels have in common, is that they both feature actor Kenneth Mars, and both also feature music composed by James Horner.

I never owned any LBT movies, or any merchandise as a kid, and I didn't even know LBT even existed until 1996.

I'll give you my own personal history behind "We're Back". In my opinion, it's a really funny dinosaur movie, :) and personally, I love it:

I met "We're Back: A Dinosaur Story" right away after it was released on VHS. I can connect this movie with my childhood a *lot* more than I can with LBT.  

As I was saying, I got the movie right when it was released on VHS in the spring of 1994 when I was in preschool (and I had it with my other cartoon movies all the way until we moved 4 years ago.)

In addition to the movie, I also owned a pair of Rex pajamas when I was 4-5 years old, and the pattern was Rex smiling in his golf hat, shirt, and glasses. :)  We also watched the movie in kindergarten in '94-'95, and the other kids got up and danced when "Roll Back The Rock" was playing.

I got the movie on dvd yesterday, (having watched it on youtube previously).  "We're Back" also *really* tickles my funny bone a lot more than what LBT movies do.

and Vorb's voice.. (And I imitated Vorb to myself yesterday from his opening scene..)

"A-HAAAA!  A POTENTIAL CUSSSTOMERR!!"  

:D LOL! :D

.... "By process of selection..your galaxy, your planet, your neighborhood!".. "YOUUUU!  YES.! YOUUUU!  HAVE BEEN CHOSEN AS THE SOLE BENEFICIARY..!")  and I burst out giggling hard as if I were being tickled by 1,000 feathers!.... :D :D

..and the scene where Rex rode on a truck like a skateboard.. (and the end part where he "went in" for the rescue, and rolled off the Brooklyn Bridge to rescue Dweeb, Elsa, and Woog from the police.)   LOL. XD

And as for Elsa..  I have a cartoon crush on her since re-visiting this movie. I had forgotten how gentle, caring, and loving of a personality she has.

Now when I think of her, I blush and get all warm inside, and get those warm "love" feelings. I've imagined myself in my head as a pteranodon, and embracing in a hug with Elsa, even being kissed on the beak by her, or just laying down next to her, and whispering gentle thoughts with each other.

I love her gentle personality, and I loved her gentle/caring facial expressions when she waited outside while Louie was talking with Cecilia at her apartment, and Elsa had those warm, caring eyes, and a warm friendly smile. I also remember how she outsmarted the police helicopters during the chase scene by hiding behind a gargoyle on the roof of one of the buildings. I also liked the 2 close-ups of her, saying the first "Hello." to Cecilia, and her straightening out Louie.. after he said "I got it.. hey you!  the bat??.."        she straightened Louie out..  "I  am  *not* a bat.    I'm a pterodactyl!"  And near the end when Cecilia hugs her and turns her back into her "friendly/good" self, and away from a wild pteranodon, and she chuckles lightly and smiles back. :)

I also remember that I rented the "We're Back" video game for my Sega Genesis system one weekend in 1996, too.

Again, what I owned as a kid:

Land Before Time?  Nothing.

We're Back? The movie on VHS, Rex pajamas, and I rented the video game for my Sega Genesis one weekend in '96. I now own the "We're Back" DVD.

I know there are many who don't like this movie for it's plot. (And I really do not like people who call this movie "The Land Before Time on crystal meth." And I *hated* the youtube video of "The Nostalgia Critic" fussing, bashing. moaning and yelling his head off about this movie. :angry: *Boooo!*:angry: *MAN* what a pain in the butt!

I love it because it's such a funny dinosaur movie, and it tickles my funny bone so much. I love it for it's humor. :)

Just call this a "change of phase" for me. We all have our different "phases" we go in and out of in life.  I'm not leaving the GOF, i've just exited my LBT phase for "We're Back".  

One last thing I wanted to add, and this is a cool coincidence. On the night of September 25th, I tried to draw Elsa.. and I had no idea, that September 25th was her voice actress's (Felicity Kendal's) 68th birthday. And when I found that out, I was surprised.

I've really gotten into Elsa now. I had forgotten about her beautiful appearance and her loving, caring personality, as well as her expressions and appearance. It had been a long time since I had seen the movie before I re-visited it. I own We're Back on dvd now, and I am really happy about it.

When i'm alone (in my room in private of course..) I sometimes get wet in the eyes with happiness, when imagining for fun.. what it would be like (as a pteranodon) if Elsa and I were to be in a romantic friendship/releationship.. and kiss each other beak to beak, and hugged closely. That would be so sweet... :oops

In summary..

Don't feel down. I'm not leaving the gof right now.

I'm just saying that i've left my LBT phase after 4 1/2 years, and i'm into "Elsa" and "We're Back: A Dinosaur Story" now.

Everyone comes in and goes out of different phases throughout their lives, and that's normal. ;)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Enjoy the adventure :)

We're Back as LBT on meth? "The others-- simply had noooo vision!" lol xD

Everyone goes through phases: you like one thing, then you like something else later. You can still like the previous thing, you just don't go back to it as much. It might be a great, fond memory you just don't attend to, but it's still there. I can relate

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Ahhhh, I remember We're Back...I like it about as much as LBT. I think I wanna see that again... :smile

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ludichris1 and CeraTheRed: Thank you for understanding. :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I'm no stranger to fandom jumping. At the moment I'm stuck in a weird place between Doctor Who and Gravity Falls...which actually meshes quite nicely. Occasionally, I pop into Jurassic Park/Dinotopia as a mild crossover (about 95% Dinotopia and 5 % JP).

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I understand,too.

Jut don't leave you're friends, Jared! Lots of members on here have grown old of LBT, but they still come around, for the community, becuase there's so many nice and friendly members here. So many friends on here.

Sorry for getting preachy again, but you know what I mean :oops
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I can only repeat what you and everyone else has said thus far. People can go in and out of different phases throughout their lives. Me, for example: starting at age 9, I think, my phases went from SpongeBob to Garfield to Disney to Looney Tunes to Hanna-Barbera for about year (all of these fandoms within a year) to Sesame Street to...I'm not sure what else (EDIT: it was Michael Jackson), then to the Smurfs, and now this for two years already. When/if I get out of this phase (which I'm sure I inevitably will), who knows what the next fandom will be? Of course, it doesn't hurt to look back at any of one's previous fandoms for nostalgic purposes. Who knows, maybe that previous fandom will end up being your next one!

While I have not seen "We're Back!" in its entirety, I should mention that I am impressed by the number of celebrities in the film (Jay Leno, Walter Cronkite, Larry King, etc.)! Luckily, I currently have the movie recorded from last year in my DVR. I should seriously consider watching it...

On another note, Jared, I do hope you are not regretting selling the DVDs, but then again, it was your choice to do so, after all. I hope I didn't offend you.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Sep 28 2014 on  10:57 AM
Ludichris1 and CeraTheRed: Thank you for understanding. :)
you are quite welcome. I, myself, have recently pursuing a new show I've found, and had rediscovered a show...which kinda led me to the show I'm currently into. For....reasons. XD
It happens to everybody. We all get out of and into things every now and then. No big deal, I'm just glad you've found something you enjoy.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also would like to repeat what others have said here.  There is nothing wrong with fandom switching.  I have switched from one show to another throughout my life.  The important thing is that you don't abandon the friendships that you form along the way.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Have fun visting the fangroup! Just don't leave us, lots of people come and go around here.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
None of you should feel upset over my change of phase to Elsa and We're Back, either. My goal was not to make anyone upset in this thread.

Anonymous Person: No, I don't regret getting rid of the dvd's at all.  

CeraTheRed:  I'm glad you love We're Back, too.  :)  Cool.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Haven't seen it in...too long, though. I admit, I like We're Back a bit more than LBT (though not much). LBT is great and all, but We're Back is different. It's much more unique, which is why it's a bit higher in my ratings.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Is it really, Cera?  Cool. I didn't know that. :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Sep 28 2014 on  11:40 PM
Is it really, Cera?  Cool. I didn't know that. :)
Well, I think it is, anyway. Plus, it's the past meets the future. I LOVE movies like that.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
(I wasn't ready to let go fully.)  Today, I bought movies 2-9 brand new on dvd for just $20 on 2 "4 movie family fun" dvd packs. That's 8 movies on 4 discs in 2 cases. It's a new 2014 dvd edition, too.

Here's what the cases look like, by the way.

2-5: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91tI...iUL._SY606_.jpg

and 6-9: http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/imgcache/...cuniversalstore

:) So, I now own movies 2-9 again. and all on just 4 discs in 2 cases, brand new at a low price, too. This saved a lot of space in my dvd bag in my closet than what I had before. They also still have copies of 10 and 12 at the music/movie store at the mall, too in case I want to get those again in the future.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I kind of figured you weren't going to be ready to give everything up yet since you first announced your departure of LBT. Good thing you indeed weren't.  :yes

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
I do not mean to hurt their feelings but Elsa looks like Doofah and is chubby and Woog is definitely the dinosaur equivalent of fat man

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I'm no stranger to fandom jumping. At the moment I'm stuck in a weird place between Doctor Who and Gravity Falls...which actually meshes quite nicely. Occasionally, I pop into Jurassic Park/Dinotopia as a mild crossover (about 95% Dinotopia and 5 % JP).

I remeber Dinotopia! And I am major Jurassic Park/Jurassic World fan. One of the reasons I don’t mind LBT being less violent like the first LBT, is if I want realistic dinosaur rancor and rage, I stream Jurassic Park ans its sequels. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith