The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

VPN Switch

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!  To the mods here, you may notice a change in my IP Address.  This is due to me switching my VPN provider.  So, why did I switch, you might ask?  The old one was stealing money from my bank account.  No, I'm not joking here!

I had checked my bank account and noticed some odd payments I did not recall making.  When I took a good look, I noticed the place of withdraw was from where the VPN in question resides.  From there, I looked at the dates and it was only child's play to figure out who the culprit was.  As long as I wasn't connected to the main server, they didn't steal my money, but that right there made me not trust them anymore.  As a result, I've switched.

So, who was the culprit that stole my cash and made me lose more than $30?  Private Tunnel.

The new one that won't pull the same bull crap?  Private Internet Access.

Only $39.95 a year and pretty good at keeping you anonymous from what I heard of it's 100,000+ members. (They don't log IP addresses, so I can trust them.)

Seriously, stealing money?  Not cool, Private Tunnel.  Not cool! :anger

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
That stinks that they were taking money from you without you knowing about it.

Loman42

Hey this sounds quote bad. I have never heard of such an issue with their service but your statement seems true. I was about to buy their service but now will chose some other VPN. Have read few good expressvpn review and will give them a try soon.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's awful that happened hopefully the new one is better

kevin

Hey I recommended you to try FastestVPN before FastestVPN I was using NordVPN which was best then slightly become their services boring and weak

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Why are there 1-posters here?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
PIA is good, but I personally recommend NordVPN.  It's very affordable if you go for 2 years at less than $4/month.  That being said, a VPN is not enough to ensure total privacy.  If you really want privacy I recommend an anonymous hotspot paired with a good VPN and running Tails.  For the ultimate in privacy I recommend only connecting while on the road because if your real IP address is ever discovered, it doesn't take much for the government to triangulate your position using three cellphone towers or satellites.  Still, the work required to penetrate both a true private VPN + Tails + track you down via triangulation is remarkable.  The government wouldn't try to do that unless you were a terrorist or something.  And even then it would be difficult.