The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Real-live multiplayer test today!! Log in! =D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!  We're testing a prerelease of the LBT Online RPG, version 0.25 online all day today! :D

We welcome and encourage everyone to download and test this version.  I have the server officially up and running at this moment and I'd just like to make sure it behaves properly over the period of a day, as well as seeing how it handles a relatively large player load.

Version 0.249 (the server test version of v0.25) can be downloaded below, which will be very similar to v0.25, just lacking a few polishes (for example, you start the game waaaaay up in the air :p) and the "create account" feature.

Click This Link To Download!
Click This Link To Download!

Hey everyone, Please download this patch before trying it! You will get a version mismatch error if you don't. I need you to run this version to prevent crashing my server! Thanks! biggrin.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzjkjjyztym

For a complete list of changes from v0.24, keep reading!
Feel free to try the game whenever you want!  The game will tell you whether the server is online or not.  You are able to play offline whenever you want and online anytime the server is up!

Major Core Game Changes:
1) I have completed the transition from having players host games to setting up a live server that runs the online portion of the game directly from a computer at my house!   The game you download automatically connects to my server (if the server is running) and gives you the option of online (able to see and chat with all other connected players) or offline (no internet required and allows you to play on your own).

2) New 3D title screen, complete with moving camera and online/offline play choices.

3) Reduced the scale of the entire game engine to 1/10 of its normal physical size.
What used to be 10 3d units in size is now 1 unit.  All movement, object sizes, etc. are scaled consistently so this will be impossible for the player to see.  IT will make development much nicer in the future though. :)

4) The Create/Load character screen now has functional, multiple pages, allowing you to store up to 30 saved games on your computer and showing up to 10 at a time on the "load game" screen.

5) Completely recoded the water/underwater detection engine.  Much more reliable and requires less RAM/CPU than ever!

6) Added a day/night cycle (very fast for testing purposes), complete with day and night skies, a sun and proper lighting. Sky transitions will improve as we can figure out how.

Other Changes/Updates:
6) You are no longer able to sidestep while sprinting.   We decided this was unrealistic and was easily abused to move faster then running straight.  This will be tweaked some more in the future but for now, you can see how it works.

7) You are now able to collide with NPC dinosaurs/shapes in most circumstances.  It's still a little buggy.

8) Removed the "Network Speed" option from the Game Options menu.

This is seriously exciting!  Thanks to everyone for trying it out and for all your support! :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, Please download this patch before trying it! You will get a version mismatch error if you don't. I need you to run this version to prevent crashing my server! Thanks! biggrin.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzjkjjyztym

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey everyone.  

I do need to get some sleep here but I'll leave the server running.  

If you can let me know of your experience using the online functionality of the game, that would be awesome and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :D

Thanks again, everyone. :)

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It crashes for some reason when I try to load it up... :(

I tried redownloading the ZIP file again because I thought it might've gotten corrupted somehow while I was downloading them, but it seems that wasn't the case (it still crashes). Help? :confused

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Works well for me. And i don't even have the "Main Menu" command issue. :p

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Online functionality worked great. No problems there.

It's coming along nice. I drowned. Which I wasn't expecting. *thumbs up*

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sorry I couldn't participate in the 8:30 test run, I really wanted to, but I stayed up too late the night before, and couldn't bring myself to wake up that early in the morning; by coincidence the test run was on my first day of summer after some grueling finals :(

So I'm sorry, but I will find some time to login today. It'll just probably not tell you much about the multiplayer.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hmm, it didn't work very well for me.

Logging in and everything was fine, and I got into the game as a swimmer named Lettuce. But then, i headed right for the water and jumped off the ledge. The second I hit the water, the camera got screwed up and I couldn't really make out anything, nor could I move.

Everything looked like this:

I hit escape the reach the main menu, and got stuck on the loading screen with Mo. I hit escape again, the screen flashed black, then white, and I had to force the program to shut down.

I tried it again with a threehorn named Bacon and it happened again. Not sure why.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Found something else. Looks like if you turn on chat while you're moving your avatar will continue to move in that direction and won't stop until you turn off chat. And if you try and go on land after jumping in the water you'll go under the land.

I'm a flyer named Bacon on low quality playing offline (the server was down). That shot is of me under the ground. I can hit 'F' and land back on the ground but it looks like it still counts me as wading.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Does this only work on Windows computers? :o I have a Mac but I'd love to try it.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 13 2010 on  11:42 AM
Does this only work on Windows computers? :o I have a Mac but I'd love to try it.
You can install Windows on your Mac if you want. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
(This is Mumbling replying, no time to log in)

No, the game does not work on a Mac. We're sorry but we cannot program that.

Well found bugs LB&T. Of course you aren't meant to jump off the map (AKA into the big water). You'll either drown or the game won't work well anymore. The Main Menu is not working at the moment (As in: going back to the main menu when you are already in the game). This is being worked on.

Flyer getting stuck, we had that problem too here. Tim said he was going to look into it. We also had the moving while chatting thing, but that is not a bad thing in my eyes  :lol: