The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A sudden change of species 2.0?

rhombus · 261 · 39968

Poll

Which of these options do you favor?

Everyone coincidentally—probably because of the multiple screams—conjugate together at Chomper's sleeping spot (where Ruby has just noticed Chomper) and meet each other for the first time there. This is similar to the Seven Hunters meetup.
1 (16.7%)
A bunch of small initial meetups first (eg. Ducky with Petrie, etc) that will eventually result in every separate group of the gang coming together after the pairs/threes understand their scenario.
1 (16.7%)
Mother flyer is convinced of Petrie's transformation and this eventually leads her to helping to find the groups of changed children.
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 20, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Again you do the pickings at night when I'm not around! :lol: Anyway, it's not a big deal. I can well take Mama Swimmer. :) As for OCs, I have none in mind now but I'll think about them later.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Um, I think we will have the destination they will be heading towards from the start. Otherwise we'd just have them wondering around randomely in the Mysterious Beyond. :P

Other than that, I think how will get there will be kinda up in the air, and can depend on how the characters develop, and what situations they find themselves in. That's how Rhombus said it, I think. Something along the lines of "I'd like the RP to develop organically as much as it can, instead of having everything planned out beforehand."

And I guess I'll pick Tria, too. I've mostly played Topps in previous RPs, so this'll be a nice change. This time, OwlsCantRead can take a stab at being the racist asshole.  :OhYou
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@vonboy @Sneak @DarkWolf91 @Littlefoot505 @jassy @OwlsCantRead @Ducky123 @Sovereign

Excellent!  It looks like the major characters and for certain minor characters have been picked out.  I also agree with the others that the OCs for sharpteeth and others can be developed later and show up when the gang get into a position where they might pop up.  I think that right when the gang leave the valley to go into the Mysterious Beyond might be a good place for all of our OC players to begin presenting where their OCs are at and what they are doing.

So we have two more decisions to make, and then I think we can get started!  :DD

1) What should be the mysterious land they are heading to (that they see in their dreams) be?

My proposal is for something like the Lowlands in the Seven Hunters, a rich green area that is bustling with both leaf-eaters and sharpteeth, but I am open to anything.  Whatever it is needs to be mysterious though.

2) When should the RP begin? After the fight (so we can see it in flashbacks from each member)? Or before the fight (so that we have to RP the fight out)?

I have no preference either way.  We just need to make sure that we present that this was the latest spat in a long series of spats as the gang, though still friends, have begun to drift apart to some extent.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think it'd be fun to really have a go at each other :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that it would be best to begin before the fight as it gives us the opportunity to start the fic on a more dramatic and interesting note. As for the land the Gang will head towards, Lowlands-style would work well but some kind of bog or desert could be cool too. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I had to debate on this but I think eventually I'll have to go for before the fight, since the epic miserable final brawl will highly likely be referenced throughout the journey, and in the end said journey is able changing the perceptions the gang had before the fight and to be a more simpler time – when they were best friends as kids.

As long as the end destination is not returning to a canon locale like the Land of Mists or Hanging Rock (they can pass by them) I'm perfectly fine with wherever, although it shouldn't be too outlandish. But since this is a rp, I suspect the characters will be making multiple stopovers before the reach their end goal. Lowlands is a pretty good idea.

Imo, the swamp-like area where Littlefoot and Ducky (and Cera?) are hatched in the first film is my take on it, a sort of reverse journey from their original trek to the Valley, but well... that's not too mysterious, is it. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree, they could be passing all sorts of terrains from rainnforests to deserts and mountainscapes. Some variety surely wuld make it interesting and some practise writing those landscape descriptions can never hurt (I think I'm just getting the hang of it recently)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So it sounds like we have a pretty strong consensus for the dreamed of area to be like the lowlands (but they will be going through a wide range of territory to get there) and for us to actually roleplay the latest fight.  Are there any objections then to this summation of the following plan?  If there are no objections then I hope to get an initial post ready sometime this weekend and we can finally allow this roleplay to hatch!  :)
Due to the coming of the Time of Great Growing (the gangs are now the equivalent of preteens) the gang begins to grow apart.  Cera begins to once more take on the antics of an arrogant threehorn as she struggles to maintain status in a herd based upon dominance; Littlefoot begins to focus on his duties as a future potential herd leader and considers joining with Bron’s herd; Ducky and Petrie begin to grow apart as Petrie begins to take on the solitary mannerisms of a flyer male and Ducky, being a swimmer, remains of a more family-oriented mindset; and Ruby and Chomper out of necessity begin to plan for their eventual departure from the valley.  Chomper’s eventual departure and need to become a ‘true sharptooth’ obviously creates some misgivings between the purple sharptooth and the longneck.  This eventually culminates in a fight (which we will begin the RP by playing out) which is hinted at not being an isolated incident.

The night of the latest fight they are all greeted by a weird sleep story that hints at something significant.  They see an area of lowlands with a mountain range in the distance - mountains that they do not recognize - and hungry sharpteeth chasing after desperate leaf-eaters.  A ghostly voice tells them some variant of “The broken band has been broken by pride, now it shall be united by being broken.  Go forth to this broken land… and protect the land you love.” they then wake up thinking that the sleep story is nonsense.  That is until they look at their respective bodies…

I think the gang will be discovered in the morning upon waking, but the valley will not chase them as in the previous roleplays as many of them are still leaf-eaters and can explain things before it gets too ugly.  I think the ‘valley knowing’ possibility would allow for some interesting interactions before they go forth on their quest.  I do not think that their parents will stop such a quest as the freaked out valley would want them gone anyway out of fear that the ‘curse’ or ‘sickness’ might spread.  This would also allow Guido (and perhaps a few others) to go with them as the new flyers will need training.

Though they have no guarantees that they will return to their original forms they all have a feeling that once the quest is completed that they can return to what they once were.  Dreams, much like the original one, call to them to go to a particular place.  All of them hope that they can return to as they once were.

It will be a journey to restore the friendship that was forged once long ago.

Characters with a lot of RP time
Littlefoot (T Rex) - Anagnos
Chomper (longneck) - vonboy
Ducky (flyer) - Impractical Dino
Petrie (swimmer) - Sovereign  Temporary holder - jassy
Spike (bellydragger) -OwlsCantRead
Cera (glider) - DarkWolf91
Ruby (threehorn) - rhombus
Guido (still a glider) - jassy

Minor characters
Grandpa Longneck - DarkWolf91
Grandma Longneck - jassy
Topps - OwlsCantRead
Tria - vonboy
Mama Swimmer - Sovereign Temporary holder - Anagnos
Mama Flyer - StardustSoldier Temporary holder - Rhombus

Possible additional minor characters
Shorty
Bron
Ali
Rhett
Chomper's Father - rhombus (if needed)
Chomper's Mother
Ruby's Father - rhombus (if needed)
Ruby's Mother
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:29:50 AM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me!! :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm liking this plan. Excited to get started already. :D
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, the basic backbone and framework seems pretty firm. I'm all good too! :D
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@vonboy @DarkWolf91 @Littlefoot505 @jassy @OwlsCantRead @Ducky123 @Sovereign

Alright, so who wants to escalate the conflict next?  :p Ruby is going to hold back for the moment as she is more or less a passive observer to the unfolding drama.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was thinking of having Chomper try to ram Cera to stop her, but not sure how others would feel of that. :P
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Most likely Cera will be the next one, not letting Littlefoot's insult fly, though someone stopping her sounds pretty in-character for a couple of the others to do.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Spike just casually burps while eating thus distracting the fighters :DD

Ducky doesn't seem to be the one to engage in such a discussion. I could have her try to talk to Littlefoot about the b-word but otherwise I doubt that I'd be able to do much with her in this situation.

Like everyone's posts so far btw good job :D

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I guess I can escalate it with Cera, and then Chomper steps in?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess I can escalate it with Cera, and then Chomper steps in?

That sounds pretty in-character to me.  And it would nicely lead to a lead in for Chomper's predator nature to come up in the argument.