The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Migration

rhombus · 64 · 14481

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: The Chronicler on May 27 2018, 07:45:21 PM
Just to be sure I'm getting this right... This forum will be going down in a few hours, but then will come back up, in addition to the new site starting up, correct? Since we're obviously going to be using the new site, what will become of this site after the move? Will it simply remain as it currently is for an indefinite amount of time?

I guess the main reason I'm asking is because I don't think I now have enough time to do anything about saving my PMs. (Back when the invisionfree site limited us to a max of 200 PMs, I had in fact deleted a few of mine over the years, but tried to keep as many as I could, so some of mine are already long gone.) I don't think there's anything really important that I absolutely must save among my PMs (aside from the new password, which I have saved), but I suppose I would like to know if there's really any deadline that I must save them by, or if there's any possibility that they'll be transferred with the other stuff. I've been a little busy with some other things lately, and with this whole forum change coming upon us so suddenly, I just haven't really had a chance to save much of my content.

Well, if I do end up losing my PMs, at least it wouldn't be the first time I lost some old content from a forum I visit.
It's really easy, just go to your PMs and click the "Download Messages" button under "Manage Messages". It sends the whole kit-n-caboodle as an htm file which you can open with any browser.

Edit: Actually, if you've archived any messages you'll have to do it up to three times, once each for Inbox, Archive, and Drafts
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:21:00 PM by LettuceBacon&Tomato »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can download your pms Chronicler. Just go to your inbox, clink on the libnk that says download and select all your pms. it should only take a couple minutes. as for this Forum, once the transition is done, it will have links to the new place and will stay up as a time capsule.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, the migration will begin in about an hour, and this will almost definitely be my last post before it happens. Here’s to a smooth transition :cheers

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Everything has been archived and prepared for the migration.

Looking forward to our new forum.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.