The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Racing the Storm

Pterano · 148 · 14526

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
bushwacked we're gonna have to decide what's happening with our characters. I want to move Lily forward with her Denny plotline, what if she takes Rio to Denny's and Axel represents them at the cafe with Vergil?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So it looks as though the plot has progressed far beyond the point where new players joining would be welcomed.  I was hoping to get back into RPs with you all, but I can see that isn't going to happen.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,May 7 2014 on  04:48 AM
bushwacked we're gonna have to decide what's happening with our characters. I want to move Lily forward with her Denny plotline, what if she takes Rio to Denny's and Axel represents them at the cafe with Vergil?
Yeah, that sounds good.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Apr 30 2014 on  10:01 AM
@ Pterano: Sorry about that. I had been having a rather crappy time around then, and I lashed out. I was wrong, I know it, and it won't happen again.
I doubt the validity of your words, Starfall, sorry. You claimed you were "leaving" the site, and then you showed up two days later to viciously insult me. That shows premeditation and not just "heat of the moment" words. If it was heat of the moment, you would've apologized shortly after instead of sitting on it for two days before coming back and ripping into me like you did. That just shows malicious intent as opposed to you blowing up at me in heat of the moment. Bad time or not, it doesn't excuse you choosing to insult me multiple times over me calling you out on breaking one of the most basic RPing rules.

As for the plot progressing too far, that's totally not true, and I told you I was too busy with my new job to give it consideration right now. I just got back last night and I leave again on Thursday, so no real time to consider it. However, this plea for attention (and pollution of the discussion thread with useless posts) isn't helping your cause with me. You could do far better things to improve your standing with me, so be patient while I turn this over in my mind when I get some free time next week.

Anyway, yeah, I think it's a good way to bring the Axel and Lily arc into the main arc as well. :yes Once they find the connection between their son and Kalis, it'll help propel their end forward.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
As Emilena's gang will be arriving soon, here's their character sheets.

Name: Foley
Species: Human
Appearance: Overweight, usually unshaven, but decently dressed. Has a number of augments such as a headset port on his temple and a memory chip embedded behind one ear.
Bio: Foley is well aware that most other hackers his age have moved on to professional white collar jobs or qualified for major criminal rings, and he doesn't take kindly to people pointing this out. He just suffers from crippling laziness and can't focus on much more than the sort of low-brow drug-running that Emilena's gang specializes in.

Name: Flora
Species: Folf
Bio: Flora has a female body with a male reproductive system, genetics that are part-wolf and part-fox, and nobody is sure whether she dyes her fur fuchsia or if it's somehow an artifically-induced phenotype. All anyone does know is that she's a bit off-kilter, and an incredibly good driver, her primary role on the team. She also has a transparent crush on Emilena, who puts up with it only because Flora is, actually, the best driver Emilena has ever met.

Name: Hal
Species: Duck
Appearance: Thin, a little on the short side for his age. Black hair, tanned skin.
Bio: Who cares, I'm killing him first chance I get. He's the contacts guy, not good at anything himself but he knows a guy who knows a guy.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I'm thinking a timeskip to tomorrow is in order soon if no one has any objections so we can move into our infiltration of Zaloga headquarters. Sound good?

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd be fine with that if everyone else is  :yes

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yeah a time skip sounds good. My latest post is a good set point to use for a time skip.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Will do in my next post!

(runner up)
(runner up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yeah we can move ahead now. looking forward to the adventure.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Timeskip is up, and we get some expose on the four mega-corporations!

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
New character.

Name: Muyee "Marion" Wu

Species: Human

Augmentations (Cybernetic): cermet lacing on bones rendering them nearly unbreakable, class 3 augments for both arms (left arm: modular weapons hardpoint; right arm: plasma cutter hidden inside forearm; both limbs are superhumanly strong), class 2 augments for both legs (superhumanly strong, can reconfigure into a "hoof" for fast running, retractable grappling claws/cutting spurs on the feet)

Augmentions (Genetic): None

Bio: Her parents (both of them former military) immigrated from Shanghai when she was child. She was an average student through high school and college. She eventually earned a Master's degree in mechanical engineering and she briefly worked at Shockley Electronic Works, a small augment repair shop in the edges of Corona. One day, while she was on her lunch break, some unknown suspects bombed the store, killing all six employees inside. The damage was so severe that the owner could not afford to replace all the losses. Desperate, she worked several menial labor jobs ranging from janitor to stevedore at the docks.

One night, while unloading cargo at the Corona Port, one of her co-workers (who was slightly tipsy at the time) begins flirting with her. Refusing to take "no" for an answer ó and fueled by a few too many beers ó the worker eventually gets quite aggressive. In desperation, she takes a swipe at him. Unfortunately for the man, she is wearing a powered exoskeleton intended for moving very heavy loads. The blow connects with his head, crushing his skull and instantly killing him. Horrifed, she calls the police.

Even though it is ruled a justified act of self-defense and she is cleared of all charges, she loses her job at dockyards (no one wants to work with someone who just killed their coworker). She eventually finds a job teaching a vocational training program at a local college.

After a few years as an instructor, she is approached by some recruiters from Zaloga Cybernetics and offered a job as a quality control technician at one of their factories. Attracted by the job, she agrees to an interview.

She gets the job and is quite happy with it. A year into her job, a tragedy occurs. Unbeknownst to her, she attracted the attention of Serami Heavy Industries ó in a bad way. A small strike team is dispatched to take her out and they plant a bomb in her car.

When she starts up the motor, the bomb detonates. She manages to survive but loses all her limbs, the majority of her bones are broken and she is severely disfigured by the burns. She opts for cybernetic limbs instead of vat grown limbs from her own cells.

At the hospital, surgeons and cyberneticists quickly work to repair the damage sustained from the bomb. Her bones are repaired and strengthened via an injection of nanomachines. Her limbs are replaced with basic class 1 augments. Cosmetic surgery manages to repair the most severe burns but it is not perfect; despite being in her early 30s, she looks like someone in their mid 50s.

After several months of physical rehabilitation, she returns to work as a show of defiance. Later, her boss tells her about a lucrative promotion in the company ó corporate security trooper. The pay is nearly quadruple that of her current job. Enticed, she accepts.

The next year involves licensing for class 3 and class 2 augments, classroom time, training and live fire exercises. At the end of it, she becomes a member of Zaloga Cybernetics's Company Security Squad.

As of now, she has served with the squad for three years.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sorry I'm being hella slow, I'm starting graduate school today. I'll try to get Emilena's introdcutio n finished tonight or early tomorrow morning

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its alright LBT, we understand. hope grad school treats you well!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm on tour right now guys so I probably won't be able to post till later tonight.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No problem, hope you're enjoying yourself  :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats fine pterano, we understand. post when you can.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Oh good, that'll make my recent chronic tardiness look less bad.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Would a time skip be in the books sometime after the group returns from Zaloga? Just thinking of ways LBT could come into the story again.