The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Domain Hosting

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well the provider of my domain name hosting (freedomain.co.nr) has been getting worse each year.  It's become stagnant and isn't evolving.  And now it doesn't even allow me to direct to websites that are hosted on my server.  I have looked around and found a new domain host.  www.co.cc is pretty good.  They're up to date and in the current times right now.  I just registered two domain names there.  I now have a domain for the LBT Archive and the Silverline Productions website.....both of which are hosted on my server.

www.lbtarchive.co.cc

www.silverlineproductions.co.cc

As you can see they work perfectly.  This opens up a new option for me.  I didn't want to host the LBT Funsite on my server because I couldn't get a domain name and publicity for it but now that's changed.  Perhaps I will host the website on my server after all.  The change certainly won't happen for a long while, but perhaps in a year the website will be hosted on my server and will have the same if not more publicity than my freewebs hosted site does now. :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No rush, but that sounds pretty awesome if you can run it on your own machine!

Good luck on that one!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm still running tests on search engine ranking effectiveness, but the outlook is good.  I should be able to host any website I want on my server AND give it good rankings on Google as well as a custom domain name.

But I am concerned about moving the LBT Funsite to the server.  I have a really good rank #1 and #2 I wouldn't be able to have the features I have now such as member accounts and the ability to upload photos.  I'll try to think of something, but as far as I can see the LBT Funsite isn't going anywhere anytime soon. <_<