The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rest in Peace Stephen Hawking

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Truly sad news has broken tonight.  Professor Stephen Hawking, the greatest physicist of our time, cosmologist, and celebrated author has died at the age of 76.  Though he had suffered from fatal amyotrophic lateral sclerosis for decades, long since becoming one of the longest survivors of the disease, his death still strikes a massive blow to the scientific community.  Though he has died, his contributions to science will continue to live on and benefit humanity for years to come.  May he rest in peace.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Wow.

One of the greatest physicists in the modern era has died...and the world was poorer for it. Hopefully, someone else will be able to take up his work.

You know, he was actually my role model in elementary school.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:23:52 AM by Serris »

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is very sad news indeed. He was also one of my role models as a kid, and now that I'm in college, I'm actually strongly considering majoring in astrophysics. He will be greatly missed. :(petrie :boohoo

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Stephen Hawking, one of the world's most brilliant minds, has passed away today.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/14/stephen-hawking-professor-dies-aged-76

I am proud to have lived in the same world as him. May he rest in peace!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The death of Stephen Hawking truly feels like a personal loss to me. Of coure I didn't know him personally and am not understanding much of the theoretical physics which he however could break down in such a way that normal people like us could get a glimpse of the wonders that his amazing mind allowed him to see.
Above all he is an inspiration for showing what humans can accomplish against all odds. Told that he had two or three more years to go at age 21 he did not allow for amyotropic lateral sclerosis (ALS) to bring him down and spited probability by living to the age of 76 years enhancing our understanding and improving the world in doing so. He is a shining example of what people can accomplish for themselves and for others if only they are given the chance rather than being discarded by society.
I bow to one of the worlds greatest minds and most inspiring people. You may rest in peace Stephen Hawking, but will continue to inspire people anyway.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
He will indeed be missed. Rest in peace.
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very few scientists ever become household names among the likes of Albert Einstein or Issac Newton, and Stephen Hawking can certainly be counted among that very rare group. (Born on the day Galileo died exactly 300 years earlier and died on Einstein's birthday, talk about cosmological coincidences.) Not only did he make breakthroughs in theoretical physics, but he also explained the wonders and mysteries of the universe in ways the common person could understand them. And of course, let's not forget his appearances on popular shows like Star Trek and the Simpsons, not to mention his unique sense of humor. All of it impressive on its own, even more so when you consider the crippling disease that he was able to deal with for far longer than he was expected to live. No doubt, a huge inspiration for everyone, and he will be missed.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I heard about this today. It's amazing that he managed to live so long after only being told to live for two more years. He was a good man.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:(petrie Science lost a great man, yep yep yep
Inactive, probably forever.