The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Google forces Google+ on Youtube users

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Nov 21 2013 on  08:23 PM
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Nov 13 2013 on  10:27 PM
I've got software installed that prevents companies from tracking my viewing references, and I also use an ad blocker so Youtube's stupid ads don't play.  I used to allow Google ads but now that they've royally pissed me off, I'm blocking those too.  They won't be making one cent of my visits to any of their pages.
I use ad block as well.  It is one of my favorite extension add-on for Firefox.  If you don't mind me asking, which program do you use to prevent companies from viewing your viewing preferences?  I have used a selection of programs which had the same function, but they impaired some of the functionality of my browser in the process.  I would be interested in trying out something new.
Avast Antivirus has an app that tells me which companies are trying to track me, and it gives the option of blocking them.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Nov 22 2013 on  02:04 PM
Avast Antivirus has an app that tells me which companies are trying to track me, and it gives the option of blocking them.
Thanks!  I will check it out.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Nothing is private on the net.  Your ISP knows where you go.  No program will 100% ever prevent you from being tracked.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Luckily some of those things have been fixed now... But yeah, it was a real horror that first couple of days :/

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Um, anyone else have their "YouTube History" freeze on them?  I sure have!  It's been happening since Google+ was added. :anger

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have created an account on YT two days ago (noticing I already had a Google+ account for some reason >_>) and I must say that Google+ is really ****. Who'd be interested in such a service anyway? We have facebook, Twitter and many more social networks and I bet all of them are better and more reputable than Google+... I wonder why people use it... at all.
Inactive, probably forever.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've been having almost constant playback problems with YT videos for the past couple weeks.  Videos just won't even load.