The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nostalgia Critic: Son of the Mask

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Watch it here.

Fair warning, CR makes a cameo where he gives the Season 3 finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, a severe bashing and goes so far as to call it an "abomination". Other than that, the review's funny.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Just watched it last night. It was great as always!  :DD  I liked the opening in particular, as well as NC's reaction to The Mask's son's face actually looking like a balloon at one point. Great!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think this is the funniest review I've ever seen.  It's right up there with his review of The Room.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Good GOD that was a disturbing movie. I remember seeing the trailers for it when I was in middle school and back then they creeped me out. I had no idea the movie was THIS deranged though.

About season three of MLP, it wasn't a bad season per se but personally I thought it was the weakest in the series thus far. Most of the episodes weren't really that memorable and although I did like the finale, I thought it felt like two episodes combined into one like a lot of other people did. And I don't think the guy playing Satan literally meant that the show and/or season was an abomination. I mean, he's supposed to be the prince of darkness. He's not supposed to like shows about colorful happy ponies celebrating friendship.

I agree this might be one of the Critic's best. The skit's did go on a bit too long, something the Critic seems to be doing a lot lately but other than that, it was pretty solid.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I absolutely adore the LotR quoting bits with Santa Christ (who I knew was coming as soon as NC started calling for help).

But the best bit was his expression as Santa Christ was chatting casually with Satan.
:lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Actually, Animeboye, CR is the guy Satan's daughter was arguing with over the computer feed. He called Season 3 an abomination right before the devil dragged his daughter off.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hello, this is Kim Kardashian!" Aha! I knew it!!
EGADS this movie was strange! But the review made up for it. Funny LOTR ref in there as well "It's quite cool,"
"GAAAH!" I always wondered why that didn't happen to Frodo anyway^^

I agree about the skits though, they tend to drag out, but they're that type of irresistable dragging out, like you know it's taking a while, but you don't wanna miss it^^
Go NC!!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein