The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Server Is Back Up!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, my server is back up again, however there have been some changes.  First off, I'm going to be using this URL from now on:

lbtserver.co.nr

The old URL http://lbtserver.2myip.net still works, however this is the URL I'm going to start promoting.  As for new features, I am working on the ability to create new folders remotely.  It's just going to be something myself as an admin can do, however this will change once it becomes more stable.  As for the hard drives in the computer, I'm sorry but I had to take out the 2 1000gb drives.  Instead I temporarily have a 120gb hard drive in there as a main and a 320gb connected via usb (soon to be firewire once I get a cable).  I know it's not much, but I'm gonna order a 500gb hard drive off of ebay tomorrow and I'll add that.  I hope you can understand that I don't want to set up a 2,048GB server just for GOF.  Now, when you go to upload stuff, it won't give you an accurate representation of how much space is left on the server.  I had to remove that feature because I wanted to use external hard drives and I didn't want to make the script even more complicated.  For each folder you want to upload to, it will say how much space is left on the server.  For instance, the universal upload folder will say there's only 180gb or something on the server, however this is totally inaccurate.  That is just how much space is available in THAT FOLDER.  I can always add as much space as needed to each folder.  It's like partitioning a hard drive (except you don't have to erase everything in order to do it or take risks with stupid programs).  I don't want this server to get over 1,000gb large.  I understand that in a year or two, it will probably need more than 1,000gb and I'll be happy to oblige, however I don't want to put that sort of money out for hard drives for an obsolete computer right now.  Anyway, here's the current specs of the server:

2.6ghz P4 processor (single core)

2GB of ram (it's maxed out)

a total of 410GB of server space (1 120gb drive and 1 320gb drive)

Windows xp professional SP3

2 DL DVD-RW Drives

18 USB ports (added to support more external HD's)

4 firewire ports (also added for external HD's)

Fastest upload ever recorded:  8.591mbps

Fasted downloaded ever recorded:  12.114mbps

Max connections:  5,000 (windows xp's standard is 10)

Now, I must say that I am going to take my backup server much more seriously this time.  Once you upload a file, it is automatically transfered to the server AND a backup server.  That's why once you upload one file at around 2mbps, you'll probably get speeds around 1.5mbps the next time you try because it's busy backing up its data.

My Server is doing quite well.  The slowest download I could get was on my laptop using wireless internet (which sucks big time):

NOTE:  Yes, I do have the entire 13th LBT movie (and all of the other LBT movies) on my server, but they're not accessible to everyone.  They're in a password encrypted folder.  I wouldn't offer copyrighted material to anyone via my server.

EDIT:  I am having some trouble deciding on a good background for the new server.  Any suggestions? The stars really aren't working for me. <_<

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, good job.  :yes
It's a shame I can't enter any of the links above.
But that might just be a problem of my own.  :rolleyes:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I can get to the page with legal stuff and whatnot...but no further....

SolarThreehorn

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I can get to the page with legal stuff and whatnot...but no further....

Same here

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry guys.  Since I am no longer using the server on my main computer, I can't redirect using my main static IP.  Instead, I have to redirect using my individual computer IP so my server can be accessed from the outside.  I've already tried accessing the server using an outside computer and it worked for me now that I've done that.  Does it work now?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I was able to get into the server past the legal page just now, so it's working right now.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, I have connections with some of the MOST popular sites on the net.  Some of those people made them from scratch just like you are doing.

I'll see what tips I can milk out of them and so that this problem of yours won't happen for quite some time. :)

Edit: LBTlover, there's a reason your place became SO dang popular.

I went onto Google and put in "Land Before Time Forums".  The very first choice is a link to TV.com Forums that contains a topic that has a link that leads straight to your site.  I can only imagine the number of people that have found your site through Google like that.

Face it man, you were doomed to become popular.  We are talking LBT here.  THE most popular Family Movie Series IN THE WORLD!  Put up a place where you can download movies and music vids and it becomes popular the moment people get wind of it.

In my opinion, I don't think you understood just what you were getting yourself into when you made this. :)