The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

favorite and least favorite lbt character

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
my favorite would have to be littlefoot my least favorite would have to be rinkus.

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My favorites would have to be the sharpteeth, specifically the dinosaurian types. Honestly, I don't care too much for the main characters. Does that make me anti-LBT?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Seeing as how you actually enjoy the movies, hardly. :)

My fav, as many of you know, is Cera. :^.^:

I have yet to choose my least fav, so give me some time on that. -_-

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Seeing as how you actually enjoy the movies, hardly.

Well, I do like the sharpteeth and the beautiful backgrounds, though the songs tend to irritate me.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Among the regulars: Littlefoot. Ali is my favorite among the guests and my least fav would be Itchy and Dil.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I cannot name one favorite degrading all the other characters to "not-favorites". They all have their strengths and their faults and their lovable characteristic features.
Least favorite of all time: Spike. I think he really has nothing to do with the story unless it was the time when he first started to speak and when he saved Ducky. In my eyes, he is just a sybling who tagged along on a great undertaking.
I strongly disagree.
Spike has his way to communicate without words. There are many many scenes in which he does this. His one word in LBT 4 is by no means the only time in which he takes a strong influence on a story. To pick just another example from LBT 4, it is Spike whose trust into Ali makes Ducky, and Petrie (and ultimately Cera against whose opinion Spike stood up) follow Ali into the cave. In LBT 7 it is Spike who finally settles the argument about following or not following Ducky (with all his talking it is not Littlefoot who convinces Cera and Petrie). In LBT 8 Spike is kind of a central character and we do see him in a kind of dilema none of the others was confronted with (until Littlefoot got into a similar situation in LBT 10).

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
My Fav always been Cera :) she has a good soul in sorts but bad temper. I like her for how she is :) Plus Triceratops is my fav dinosaur on my list.

For my Least fav it has to be.... well I can't think of any in their own terms they all good.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do I have to state my favorite? :lol

I'm not so sure about one being my least favorite, but I think I may actually agree with Nick22. Itchy and Dil were funny at some times, but their characters just weren't very appealing to me.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, this is a tough one, for a number of reasons!  First of all, the characters have changed so much from the sequels to the late sequels, especially Cera *grumble* (see my Cera rant from a few months ago for details).

In the original, it is extremely hard to choose a favorite character, as I found each dinosaur was very well-developed.

I have always had a liking to Cera's character in the early sequels, namely LBT 2 - 4.  Cera posessed a unique, sensitive inside which was often masked by an entertaining outward character, often unwilling to show her true feelings to anyone but the audience.  

I must admit, however, I haven't been very happy with how Cera's character has been protrayed from LBT 5 onward.  She was fairly Cera-ish in LBT 6 and 9, but a number of flaws were apparent to me in her character throughout LBT 5, 8, 10, and especially 11.  11 was a very strange film for Cera.

I admit, I'm not always fond of the 'chemestry' between Littlefoot and the rest of the Gang at times.  I often wonder about the intelligence differences, and why it's so often Littlefoot who is solving problems.  I'd like to see the other characters play a more active role in the planning of problem solving in the series.  I don't expect them all to be super-intelligent.  Perhaps it seems that Littlefoot is Very intelligent, and may a little too intelligent at times.

I do like Spike's character, and believe the series would feel incomplete without him.  His role is less obvious, but certainly important, and in some cases symbolic.  The idea of a family bond between Ducky and Spike can be directly transferred over to how the members of the gang see each other, for instance.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
My fav will have to be Ali, I know she just appeared in oneof the sequels but still left that "je ne sais quoi" (if this isn't right then pardon my french :D)
As for my least fav, I guess it would have to be Hyp, I just get bored watching lbt 3, so mainly all the plot should be in my least fav list, but I guess he's on top of it =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have one question. If we talk of "least favorite characters" does that mean that we are talking of the most "evil" of all characters or of a character we dislike because he is not important or poorly made etc.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Fave LBT Character: Littlefoot, always has been, always will be.

Least Fave: Cera, always has been, always will be.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
It's up to you Malte, in your own opinion which character do you dislike the most, it can be because he's evil, poorly made, uninteresting, or whatever, it's up to you =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I thought I had replied to this one, but guess I forgot to. ^^

Fav - sure hope you can figure it out ;)  I liked him even more before his grammar took a turn for the worse. :p :rolleyes:

Least fav - recent Sharpteeth, and its largely because of the lousy renditions and actions the storywriters and animators create for them

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As for my least fav, I guess it would have to be Hyp, I just get bored watching lbt 3, so mainly all the plot should be in my least fav list, but I guess he's on top of it =p
I actually couldn't decided whether I disliked Hyp more, or Itchy and Dil. Maybe both the same, but I agree, they were all just boring to watch :rolleyes:

tobeysan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://tobeysan.homeip.net
I have got to say, Cera is my favorite char. Unlike most movies, she's no damsel in distress.

As for least... Tria; the most randomly flirtatious character.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for least... Tria; the most randomly flirtatious character.
Is she? ;)  
I guess some would give that title to Elzy from LBT 5.  :lol:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Elzy or Tria for most flirtatious character. Hmm. You could spend a lifetime figuring that one out.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Elzy or Tria for most flirtatious character. Hmm. You could spend a lifetime figuring that one out.
Could you?
Unless I'm very mistaken Tria is flirting only with Cera's father. Fair enough if you ask me, they seem to know each other from a long time ago and Cera's father is obviously a single.
Elzy on the other hand is kind of dreaming about Littlefoot's grandpa and making a remark according to which Littlefoot has his good looks from him. However, this too seems pretty harmless to me (while I have read really angry comments about Elzy for that little flirtation).

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Malte, it was a joke.