The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award Voting 2017

rhombus · 26 · 5534

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Fanart: Flathead770 - Not only is his traditional art beautiful to look at, looking almost like production stills, he has actually made beautiful sprites that are a dead match for traditional fighting game stills.

Feedback: Rhombus - No matter what the topic is, he always has something to say about it. And he does so in a constructive and polite manner.

Roleplaying: Nick22 - His dedication to running the Insane CafÈ series is downright fanatical. In addition, he has shown himself to be a fantastic roleplayer in other settings as well. But bushwacked and LB&T, Starfall and Kor all deserve honorable mentions

Proactive: SKIP

Friendly: Nick22 - He is very polite and welcoming to all members of the forum.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, I was hoping for a somewhat higher participation after the significant increase in activity since last year :confused

Anyway, here are my remaining votes...

Fanart Award: In terms of art quality, my vote would go for DarkWolf without a second thought. Flathead has the newcomer bonus in my book, and the other usual suspects (including myself) have been too inactive in fanart creation to consider them. However, I would like to give another artist a vote. This is neither because of superior skill nor due to most frequent submission rate but I just think this member deserves at least one vote but didn't get any so far (which might be a lot different if more people had voted  x(cera ) My vote, therefore, goes to CybertronianBrony

Roleplay Award: I'm afraid I will have to SKIP. I'll vote again next year, provided the new LBT RP is not going to die as soon as it starts :p

Proactive Member: Hypnobrai gets my vote here. I could go with the majority as well here but what good would it do? We all know rhombus deserves the award and he already has it so I'll give Hypnobrai this appreciation due to the active role he has in keeping the LBT discussions active and enjoyable with his great input and energy. Besides, his efforts to keep the LBT wiki a good place (I mean, one of our banned members is an admin there as well  :sducky ) have further supported my choice this year. Honourable mention to Snik ^^spike

Friendly Member: My vote is entirely based on personal interactions with other members. I will vote for someone who I only got to know very recently thanks to the discord chat of our forum. DarkHououmon has been both very friendly, welcoming and also very helpful in the past and she hasn't lost these attributes at all. Personally, I think they shine even brighter outside of the forum (maybe because she doesn't post that much here). Of  course I could list at least two dozen people worthy of this award as well but I had to make a decision, there will be no runner-up anyway unless there's a last minute voting rush so... I guess that's it. Thanks for making it possible once more this year and keeping the tradition alive admins!  :)littlefoot
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 31 2017 on  02:00 PM
Proactive Member: Hypnobrai gets my vote here. I could go with the majority as well here but what good would it do? We all know rhombus deserves the award and he already has it so I'll give Hypnobrai this appreciation due to the active role he has in keeping the LBT discussions active and enjoyable with his great input and energy. Besides, his efforts to keep the LBT wiki a good place (I mean, one of our banned members is an admin there as well  :sducky ) have further supported my choice this year. Honourable mention to Snik ^^spike
Thanks ^^spike
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Honourable mention to Snik
well, if under this you mean my endless complaints why forum games aren't active and projects are abandoned... thanks?
XD
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry I've waited till the last second to vote in this years awards, but I hope you guys can understand, with what has been happening with the weather the last week or so.

Fanart Award: This year I'm going with Darkwolf. Her art is jsut so good, especially the few she did for Rhombus's fanfictions. They really bring out the character's she decided to draw, showing what they were like, or what they were going through very well.

Friendly Member Award: There's a really interesting way to define a friendly member that some members are bringing up this year, and I have to say, I kind of agree. IF a member is ALWAYS super nice, and seemingly approving of even the most toxic types, who seek to only troll, or harass, or otherwise break the rules, that's not good. That's why I'm glad we have someone like Ducky123, who can be very nice, and also tell the bad people to fuck off, yup yup yup. :yes

Proactive Member Award: Really, Rhombus is the only one I can go with here. In the last year, he's stepped up to be a member, co-started a monthly fanfiction writing prompt, which I still sadly haven't gotten around to participating in. :( All of this while still trying to stay active in his own writing, staying active on the forum in general, chatting to me and many others often, finding time for civ 4 matches, and also working his job, which demands a lot of his time as well.

Role Play Award: I'm not that active in the Roleplay, but I just have to go with Nick, as he's always active in RP's, and he's one of the few keeping that section alive. I don't think there would really be any RPing left without him.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The voting period is now closed. Any tiebreakers will be held starting on Monday.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: