The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Any strictly LBT RPG?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
ok ok I can see what you mean alright,no need to pick out all the tiny points about it  -_-

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still with the idea of a strict LBT RPG.  Most of the time I would often adapt to new and sudden changes, but there are moments I just have to draw the line.  I'd also like something that really sticks to the subject.

Maybe we should set up some rules on RPGing to make sure none of us would try to cross the line like we did several times before?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I have put up a temporary set of rules.  Read them over and see if the ones who plan to take place in this want to make any changes.  A new character list should be made too since there are obviously some new members that want to join in.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If we start such a strictly LBT RPG I agree that there ought to be some rules we ought to agree on (only for that particular RPG).
My suggestion for the most basic rule is:
Try to keep the story in a way so it could easily be made a movie without any contents which wouldn't appear in a land before time story.
Among that stuff that would not appear in a land before time story would be humans, any whatsoever kind of fanfiction stuff, any characters from other stories.
I strongly suggest to keep aliens from outer space out of it. One may hold against this point that we probably had two in LBT 7, but I must say it seemed almost like a non-LBT element in an LBT movie.
Also there ought not to be any magical powers or supernatural abilities whatsoever. Rumors about such stuff perhaps (that was definitely in several LBT movies), but nothing too tangible.
As for violence I think it mustn't be banned from an LBT RPG. We have fights in LBT movies, we have deaths... but lets include that for stories' not for gorries' sake.
Are there any further points or points I named which need to be discussed? Who would like to give such an RPG a try?

EDIT: Apparently Roger brought up a set of rules while I was typing. Let's see to what degree we agree  :^.^:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Those sound like fair rules. If we want to use non-lbt elements, we can use the Random Roleplay section.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i've just started one based on my fanfic ali's return