The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

2019 Tiebreaker

Nick22 · 18 · 3118

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi guys, once again this year  we have a tie for one of the awards. this year, we had a tie for Friendly Member runnerup, betwen Mumbling and StardustSoldier , who both got 4 votes.
 To Break the tie, we will have a second round of voting starting on Wednesday 10-2 at midnight  and running for a week until Midnight on 10-10.  Voters are to pick between the candidates, although the candidates themselves are not permitted to vote in the category for which they are nominated.  IF there is still a tie after the tiebreaker period ends, then the admins will vote to break the tie. The winner of the vote will get  the runner-up banner. A second post below will hold a running tally of the voters cast and where we stand so far in the voting.  I will add votes as they come in.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to thank everyone for their votes for me on proactive and friendly member. It's quite flattering to be in the tiebreaker. However, I really hope Stardust wins this tie-breaker as I really thinks he deserves it :yes

Happy voting!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I share your sentiments that StardustSoldier should be the runner-up for the Friendly Member Award. I’ll be cheering him on the most of course, as I’m very passionate for his award win to happen. Also, I’d like to thank you Mumbling for voting me on the Proactive Award. I appreciate it, considering that it was the only vote I got out of anything, not that I’m disappointed or anything. After all, I’ve only been here for roughly 5 months.

Good luck on the tie-breaker vote, @StardustSoldier and @Mumbling! :celebrate

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Heres the Tally so far.

Mumbling-0
 StardustSoldier-9
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:29:48 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I vote StardustSoldier, they always have nice things to say in any thread I see ‘em.

Good luck on the tie-breaker vote, @StardustSoldier and @Mumbling! :celebrate

Holy crap, how long has @user been a thing we could do

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on October 02, 2019, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on October 02, 2019, 04:39:01 PM

Holy crap, how long has @user been a thing we could do

I don’t know, probably since the transition of this forum, or maybe the old forum had it too? Some admin or mod can explain it to you.

Also, my vote for StardustSoldier was kinda implied in the first post I made Nick22, but then I realize that I posted one day before the actual voting began. Oops-Eeps! :oops

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'lll count the vote now that  voting is underway ImpracticalDino.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I suppose I'll throw my vote in for Stardust as well. Stardust is incredibly active since he joined early this year and has interacted with me multiple times in the Ask Me section (the sub-forum I feel I run into him the most), and his forums posts are always of an amiable nature. :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Expectations may become a reality, StardustSoldier! As the votes are unanimous as of far, I don't see the outcome of the vote changing much at all. :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Stardust is clearly one of the most friendly members of the forum and has always been willing to make new members feel welcome and at home. Though I initially cast my vote for Mumbling in the main vote, I agree with her reasoning here and wholeheartedly cast my vote for StardustSoldier!  :)littlefoot

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
My vote goes to Stardust as well! I haven’t talked to him very often, but from what i’ve seen, he has a friendly and positive attitude which is part of what makes this forum so great :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll stick with my original vote for StardustSoldier, for the same reasons listed before

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While Mumbling has been an extremely kind presence on both the forum and Discord, I'll join the pack and vote for StardustSoldier He has been a positive voice in the community as a whole and I really appreciate his questions on the Ask Me section even if I've been much slower in answering him. Overall, he has been a really welcome addition to GoF and I don't hesitate to vote for him.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I will also give my vote to StardustSoldier for reasons listed above.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well guys this is going to be one of the most one-sided tiebreakers in Awards history. Stardust will only be the second poster ever to receive 10 votes in a tiebreaker vote- Kacie got 15 in 2009, when we had a lot more members voting.

I'm Voting For Stardust, for similar reasons as everyone else. hes doing a bangup job.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The tiebreaker voting has ended as of Eastern Standard Time! :Mo

@StardustSoldier: Not bad. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could you please leave those kind of announcements to the admins? You needn't comment on anything.
Inactive, probably forever.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
leave those announcements to us ID. this thread is now closed.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: