The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If There's A Land Before Time 15

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Nov 6 2017 on  04:49 PM
Quote from: DinoTeen10,Nov 6 2017 on  04:27 PM
"as the rest have before it" is whats confusing me.
The LBT films before LBT 15 (if it gets made) is what I meant.
Oh. Now i understand. sorry
Good day.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: DinoTeen10,Nov 4 2017 on  11:52 PM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Nov 4 2017 on  09:29 PM
I'd definitely say that the best way to end the LBT series would be the gang growing up and having children of their own. A very fitting end, if I do say so myself.
That would lead to a new land before time.
Not really. I've seen many works where a movie/TV show/franchise ended after showing the main characters had kids. It's just a way of assuring the fans that the main characters will be okay in the end.

DinoTeen10

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Nov 7 2017 on  02:10 AM
I'd definitely say that the best way to end the LBT series would be the gang growing up and having children of their own. A very fitting end, if I do say so myself.
Not really. I've seen many works where a movie/TV show/franchise ended after showing the main characters had kids. It's just a way of assuring the fans that the main characters will be okay in the end.
whatever we'll do, there will be a 15th movie someday.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DinoTeen10 on Nov 7 2017, 03:54:50 AM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Nov 7 2017 on  02:10 AM
whatever we'll do, there will be a 15th movie someday.
That's actually pretty arguable. If Movie 14's sales are of any indication, then Universal may have abandoned the franchise for all we know.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I hope they haven't abandoned it, they'd be missing the chance to make more money if they do. A fifteenth LBT film could be in production right now and we may not even know it yet. I myself expect another movie as a Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom cash-in like I believe XIV was conceived. Universal doesn't have any other dinosaur franchises and clearly if they want to make some extra moolah then making another LBT movie would do that, especially after their next blockbuster dino release this June brings back the public interest in dinosaurs. The movie itself is expected to make hundreds of millions of dollars at the minimum. I'd say we may get a couple more movies if the cash-in theory is correct, as I believe there's going to be a third Jurassic World film to release in the future. I just hope that the hypothetical LBT XV or XVI makes a decent profit if the series is going to continue after the Jurassic World trilogy ends.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I guess we need to "keep ears and eyes open" ;)

I just do hope they learn from the mistakes of LBT 14
Inactive, probably forever.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypno on Jan 18 2018, 07:12:23 PM
I hope they haven't abandoned it, they'd be missing the chance to make more money if they do. A fifteenth LBT film could be in production right now and we may not even know it yet. I myself expect another movie as a Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom cash-in like I believe XIV was conceived. Universal doesn't have any other dinosaur franchises and clearly if they want to make some extra moolah then making another LBT movie would do that, especially after their next blockbuster dino release this June brings back the public interest in dinosaurs. The movie itself is expected to make hundreds of millions of dollars at the minimum. I'd say we may get a couple more movies if the cash-in theory is correct, as I believe there's going to be a third Jurassic World film to release in the future. I just hope that the hypothetical LBT XV or XVI makes a decent profit if the series is going to continue after the Jurassic World trilogy ends.
I also suspect an LBT XV will be coming out as an extra cash-in for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. But has absolutely anyone on the production crew discussed the possibility? Such as Cera or Ducky's VAs? I heard they're active on social media (or at least one of them).

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
As I said once before, I just want the 15th film, should it be made, to be the best Universal can make it. I'm not going to expect a masterpiece of course.
Life Is Good

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993 on Jan 21 2018, 12:06:33 PM
As I said once before, I just want the 15th film, should it be made, to be the best Universal can make it. I'm not going to expect a masterpiece of course.
Of course, that's we're ALL hoping for at the very least.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, hoping for a decent movie we can all enjoy. While I'm glad they made another movie in the first place (all the excitement and hype alone was well worth it :D) I can't really enjoy watching it as much as I wish.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd actually like it if they actually made a movie about the plot I suggested in this thread earlier (the Great Valley residents having tense relations with a massive pack of Sharpteeth on the other side of the Great Wall). I think if they followed that plot and executed it perfectly, the movie might be of a similar caliber to that of the first movie.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure whether a major conflict with the sharpteeth would be a good (let alone realistic) idea for a future film as I don't find long battles that enjoyable in movies but if it were executed well enough, it could be an idea.

(all the excitement and hype alone was well worth it :D)

Exactly my thoughts! :DD While I wasn't here actively back then, I could feel the hype train was going strong! It'd be great to go through that all over again. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not too critical of what 15 might be if it comes out. My only criteria for 14 was for it to not be like 13 and I was satisfied with the results. I too would look forward toward the hype and build up of another movie. I missed being around for 14 but I at least got to experience the buzz with 13 and the TV series releasing.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign on Jan 24 2018, 09:36:41 AM
I'm not sure whether a major conflict with the sharpteeth would be a good (let alone realistic) idea for a future film as I don't find long battles that enjoyable in movies but if it were executed well enough, it could be an idea.
Well, I'm not saying like the conflict itself should be a blatant allegory for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or anything like that. But I could definitely see such a plot being very deep and moving if executed perfectly.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If they were to go into darker territory (which is unlikely, but still...) I'd really like to see some tragedy happen which really challenges the friendship of our favourite pals. May or may not be related to Chomper growing up

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123 on Jan 25 2018, 05:35:46 AM
If they were to go into darker territory (which is unlikely, but still...) I'd really like to see some tragedy happen which really challenges the friendship of our favourite pals. May or may not be related to Chomper growing up
That would be quite nice and interesting to see.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would like to see again either Ozzy and Strut, Pterano, or Guido. The eggstealers and Pterano simply, because they are too good characters to be featured only once, and Guido,  because I simply like him very much.

Plots:
A:
I would like to get finally an answer to, what happened to Petrie's dad, the gang would get a clue of his whereaobouts, go adventuring, and during the journey, they will accidentally bump into Pterano, and towards the end, they will find even Petrie's father.

B:
Another thing, which I would like, would be, that Chomper befriends another sharpteeth of the same age, and he would want the gang to befriend them too, but it causes a lot of trouble, even though at the end of the movie, they will accept each other, and then have to part ways for a while, because adults would have never tolerated them anywhere near the Great Valley.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Given LBT 15 didn't come out riding the coattails of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom like some people (me included) were hoping for, the chances of the movie happening got pretty slim...