The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Community watch: LBT 6

Poll

If you'd like to join the viewing of LBT 6, please indicate which times work for you (multiple options allowed)

Friday 26/7 @ 4 PM EST, 10 PM CEST, Saturday 27/7 6 AM AEST
4 (13.8%)
Saturday 27/7 @ 3 AM EST, 9 AM CEST, 5 PM AEST
2 (6.9%)
Saturday 27/7 @ 9 AM EST, 3 PM CEST, 11 PM AEST
4 (13.8%)
Saturday 27/7 @ 4 PM EST, 10 PM CEST, Sunday 28/7 6 AM AEST
4 (13.8%)
Sunday 28/7 @ 3 AM EST, 9 AM CEST, 5 PM AEST
4 (13.8%)
Sunday 28/7 @ 9 AM EST, 3 PM CEST, 11 PM AEST
6 (20.7%)
Sunday 28/7 @ 4 PM EST, 10 PM CEST, Monday 29/7 6 AM AEST
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In light of the script that has been found for LBT 6, @StardustSoldier thought it might be a good idea to watch the 6th movie again and do a nice comparison. Figured we might as well make it a group viewing, just like we did impromptu with LBT 12 a few months ago.

If you want to join in the viewing, please create an account at https://www.rabb.it/ and select which times work for you in the poll above. Please do not choose anything in the poll if you do not wish to join. I'll try to host the show if a time is chosen that works for me :D

Time zone clarification:
EST - Eastern Standard Time (eastern USA)
CEST - Central European Summer Time
AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:43:47 AM by Mumbling »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
(post removed)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:38:45 AM by StardustSoldier »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I'm all good for each day, the times don't conflict with any of my activities. I am thinking that the Saturday with the 11pm AEST looks good but I think that the early Saturday and Sunday screenings are within reach but the optimal screening for me would be the 5pm AEST Sunday screening.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Saturday 27/7 @ 4 PM EST (the fourth option) is the only time that does NOT work for me. All the others should be good.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I should be able to make it for all the 3AM/9AM EST time slots. :D

Unfortunately 4pm EST is like 3am for me. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Hmm...this is pretty interesting Mumbling. What a great way for our Gang of Five community to get together and share our thoughts on the movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, so it should be interesting indeed. :)

It's interesting to note that rabb.it is shutting down according to an article on Linkedin by Amanda Richardson, CEO of Rabbit. She discusses the financial and monetization issues that it has with the company, which ultimately led to it's downfall. I skimmed through the article, but anyone is welcome to read it thoroughly.

It's weird that there's no mention of this on the official rabb.it website. There's only a matter of time until then. The question is...when?
:thinking

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, that is interesting, Dino! Let's hope it doesn't shut down before the weekend ;)

I do wish there would be something to take its place though. It's a rather interesting service!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since it's Friday now I decided to check into the poll. Seems like the most favored option so far is:
Sunday 28/7 @ 9 AM EST, 3 PM CEST, 11 PM AEST

If you still wish to join and have not voted in the poll yet, please do so. If your schedule has changed, you should be able to change your vote. Will check again this evening :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You will be hosting the LBT 6 movie at each of these times listed in the poll, correct? I just want to clarify. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm no, I'll be hosting a viewing once for LBT 6 at the most popular time, which so far seems to be pointing towards Sunday. Sorry for the confusion!

Edit:

Alright, Sunday 28/7 @ 9 AM EST, 3 PM CEST, 11 PM AEST it is. See you then!

Feel free to already join the Rabb.it room: https://www.rabb.it/s/hb1fpy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:19:56 PM by Mumbling »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It appears the site currently has some outages with email verification. I got locked out of my account as it keeps asking for a verification email that never arrives. I might create another one just for this viewing if it isn't fixed by tomorrow.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Yes, I've stopped receiving notification emails for topics I'm subscribed to.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Yes, I've stopped receiving notification emails for topics I'm subscribed to.
It seems Owl was referring to rabb.it. @OwlsCantRead I didnt get any password email either when I requested one. Luckily I remembered mine in the end.

Stardust, that shouldn't be happening. I still got an email recently but it ended in spam. Maybe check there?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was honestly confused at first as to what Stardust was referring to as well, so I didn't really post anything here yet. ...I thought he was happy that his inbox is no longer being filled with notification emails of topics he subscribed to?

Anyway, I notice a sweet little addition to your profile Mumbling! ;)
I've honestly never noticed that in the forum profile settings. Was the Favorite Character thing added recently?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was honestly confused at first as to what Stardust was referring to as well, so I didn't really post anything here yet. ...I thought he was happy that his inbox is no longer being filled with notification emails of topics he subscribed to?

I've honestly never noticed that in the forum profile settings. Was the Favorite Character thing added recently?
Haha you're quick to notice! I just added it last night while I was playing around with some settings. So yes, very recently :P

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

I didnt get any password email either when I requested one. Luckily I remembered mine in the end.
Yeah it just locked me out of rabb.it for some reason because I had no idea that it was supposed to send a verification email to begin with as it never prompted for it when I created the account. Made another account and now I'm prudently leaving it logged on until the set LBT6 viewing to avoid a repeat recurrence.

I never noticed it was a new addition until you pointed it out. Just how observant are you? :Mo

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

I never noticed it was a new addition until you pointed it out. Just how observant are you? :Mo

Not really. I just happen to click on Mumbling's profile today and notice that slight difference of detail. I usually never look at profile settings, so I definitely wouldn't have discovered the recent new addition by doing that. :P
But then again, it seems like recently I've been usually the first person to notice something amiss in the forum when something happens, so uh...yeah.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Err, yeah, I misunderstood Owl's post. Sorry for the confusion. Although it did draw my attention to the fact that forum email notifications seem to have stopped. (will continue this conversation in a PM)

Haha you're quick to notice! I just added it last night while I was playing around with some settings. So yes, very recently :P

Nice catch, Dino! And, Mumbling, that's a neat feature. Thanks for adding.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:55:13 AM by StardustSoldier »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just as a general heads-up! We are starting the watch in 20 minutes. Join us here on rabbit (on the right click WebRCT Desktop Viewer):
https://www.rabb.it/s/hb1fpy - Rabbit went down right as the bad luck commenced. Coincidence? Think not. Please use the below link and discuss with us on Discord.

If you cannot create an account on rabbit, you can also watch it here and perhaps chat on Discord (also higher quality):
https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/screen/?s=LandBeforeTimeVI

See you soon!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:54:24 AM by Mumbling »