The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How much TV do you watch?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I rarely watch TV. And when I do watch, it's news and sitcoms exclusively.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I watched "Suburgatory" last night. It's a show about a girl and her dad who used to live in new york but moved to the suburbs and she hates it. Last night he left hr home alone...it was really good!

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't watch TV at all, for the same reason I don't read newspapers.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hardly watch TV at all mostly due to lack of time( I rather spend it on the GoF :P:). The only things I watch atm are the German TV eps every weekend :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I watch it all the time since I have a lot of shows I like.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Let's see, about...10,000 hours a day!  :lol

In all seriousness, I watch TV when I can, which is...what, rarely.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I still don't watch tv, not having the digital thing.  Like I posted before I watch video on the pc, but also on my tablet.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I barely watch any television.  I usually check the local news in the morning and will otherwise abstain from television unless severe weather or other breaking news events occur.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Very rarely,only when there is a film I am interested in(yep,that's rare).When I do,it's usually at night,when I have nothing else to do.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What..? TV shows? Have you been talking with my parents?
Lol in all seriousness, not much nowadays - not having cable helps a tong. I mostly watch movies and even then not that much. I'll pop in a VCR or a DVD maybe every other day and kick back and enjoy it :DD
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I only turn my TV on when I need to watch my favorite and also only show, The Walking Dead. Other than that I don't open the thing anymore, I watch movies online now.  :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never watch tv. If I happen to do, it's usually because I'm in the kitchen and my brothers are watching (we can see the television from the kitchen)... Or when someone has a tv on at their place and we have little else to do. You won't find me sitting down in front of the television myself, as my computer provides more than enough addiction to fill my precious time with.
This is still true for me, however I do have a Netflix subscription now that I use about 1.5 hours a day. I watch 2 episodes each day during my commute :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When you say "watch TV", it depends on your interpretation of the meaning.

If you mean watching something as it airs on TV through antenna or cable, not that much really.  The only time I do that is at work during my breaks, right before work or right after work.

However, I do watch many streaming services.  I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Anime Tube Unlimited and recently Cartoon Tube TV and Tubi TV.  All of which are on various devices connected to my TV.  On top of that, I have various movies on an external hard drive connected to the same TV.

If you mean the latter, quite a bit.  I feel a little addicted to these streaming services.  Heck, I'm looking forward to Disney's take on it.  You can bet money that I'm getting it.  Yeah, I'm planning an adjustment so I can pay for these.  Sure, the extra money I have is helping, but it won't last.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Usually I watch 1-2 hours of TV, probably just to watch a few sitcoms or 1 movie.  Most of the time I spend on TV however is just playing on the Wii U (yes, I still play on that console, don’t judge me).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 08:01:54 PM by chomper94 »

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Basically none. Very rarely me and the husband will watch something notable on Netflix or Disney+ (recent candidates were The Witcher, WandaVision, Star Wars Visions and Beastars season 2), but we're only tuning in for that specific thing. We don't have actual scheduled TV time.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I haven't watched anything on "live" TV for years, unless someone else is sat in the room watching something (and even then, I'll tune out and do something on my phone or laptop).

Even streaming services I rarely use these days. I like a good fantasy series every now and again but I have to be in the mood to sit down and watch something.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Enope
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?

Silver the Pterosaur

• Apprentice to the Rainbow Faces
  • Member+
  • Ruby
  • in 1,474 days, I become an Optometrist.
    • View Profile
Live TV is still a thing?

I thought it died along with blockbuster.
りゅうすけ

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
None.  My audiovisual content is now pretty much limited to streaming services, YouTube, and Spotify. That being said, in the few moments I do happen to watch free television I have noticed an impressive drop in quality in free television over the last 20 years.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.