The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flathead770's Fanart

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I forgot to mention the sprites of Ruby and others are very well done it's fantastic great job making those.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun working on these!

nice attempt to make pixel art. Try more, with more polished sprites.
I don't suppose you might have any tips? I've never done any pixel art before so anything would more than likely help.

It's also great to see a decently colored picture!
It is a nice change of pace for me. I'll probably continue to color my drawings in the future.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
've never done any pixel art before so anything would more than likely help.
but you try! :p
who knows, maybe you open pixel artist in yourself?

no, I don't have any tips. I have done some sprites in early days, but didn't evolve my bad skills in that.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
but you try!
who knows, maybe you open pixel artist in yourself?

no, I don't have any tips. I have done some sprites in early days, but didn't evolve my bad skills in that.
Ah ok. I noticed you had a pixel art game that you started so I was curious if you knew anything about sprite work.

I'll probably dabble some more with this and see where it goes.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
You. Are. Awesome.

I flippin' love those sprites and that animation for the pose as well! And your drawing is outstanding too! I'm actually picturing Ruby if she was in M.U.G.E.N. right now. In Marvel vs. Capcom style.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Announcer: "That's great, super, excellent!"

Glad my picture inspired you! I'm actually blushing right now.

I was going to consider making sprites as well! As well as drawing the whole Gang of Seven and Ali some fighting stances!

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Great drawings and pixel art! Are you taking requests, cause I've got some  ;)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@CybertronianBrony
I'm glad you liked it so much! The drawing I got from your Shoryuken and the sprites I got from your Namco x Capcom one so it was actually 2 pictures that inspired me. I've actually considered doing more fighting stances and sprites for the others as well.

If you're considering making sprites, I used Piskel for making Ruby. It was pretty simple to work with.

Great drawings and pixel art! Are you taking requests, cause I've got some
I guess I should have read this before the Yu-Gi-Oh topic haha. Feel free to send me a PM and we'll go from there. Thanks.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So Hypnobrai you wanted to see the Plated Sharptooth drawn in my Yu-Gi-Oh topic so I figured I would do a full drawing of him. I also wanted to try and draw a bigger scene with more character involved.

I chose this particular situation so I could fit all the main characters as well, with the perspective facing away from the island so I can have every character's face shown (and an easier background to deal with).

The background mountains, Littlefoot's, Cera's, Ducky's, and Petrie's poses were taken from the movie as reference (I used a scene from LBT 8 to get a better close up to draw Ducky and Littlefoot's head was changed to look to the right slightly). Both Chomper and the Plated Sharptooth were drawn from scratch using different scenes as references.

The hardest part was trying to draw Ducky since she is so small, but still has a lot of detail needed (unlike Petrie). I think she ended up a big larger than intended but I don't think I could have drawn her smaller. I'm planning on coloring this but I might take a bit of a break before I do. Coloring seems a bit daunting at the moment.

NOTE: I'm not sure what's going on with photobucket but I can still see my images on the forum (my guess is that I still don't have very many images uploaded?). I guess I'll find out if you guys can see it or not :lol.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:15:38 PM by Flathead770 »

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Very nicely done!

And, as far as Photobucket goes, I can see the images now as well :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great job on the drawing it's awesome and amazing.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good job here! The overall layout works really nicely and the characters' expressions, especially Chomper's and the sharptooth's, look very well done. On the other hand, there could have been some details on the ground or the sea. Right now, they look kinda empty. Still, I like this picture as the characters look quite good here and the scene has been captured well.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Very good recreation, and I like the look Chomper's giving the Plated Sharptooth XD

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome!!! Yeah Dalekdino I was just about to point that out :lol
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey thanks everyone.

On the other hand, there could have been some details on the ground or the sea. Right now, they look kinda empty.
I still got to figure out what I'm going to do in regards to this. Currently the top right and bottom left are practically completely empty. I'm going to have to spend some time practicing some form of environmental detail and ways to fill those areas up a bit. I just realized that I would also have to put shadows in the picture. That's going to be fun.

Very good recreation, and I like the look Chomper's giving the Plated Sharptooth XD
Yea they got quite the stare-down going on.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cera looks a little worried about Chomper. So I guess that's before she rams Plates in the back of the foot.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dang, you're really getting the hang of this  ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cera looks a little worried about Chomper. So I guess that's before she rams Plates in the back of the foot.
Hey that's exactly right. This scene is supposed to be the moment after Chomper bites Plates' tail, with Plates bringing his tail up to see what's going on.

Dang, you're really getting the hang of this
Thank you! :DD I did get a lot of practice drawing all those cards. I've also been trying multiple things with each picture to see where I stand. The Spinosaurus was working on planning out a drawing over a whole sheet since I've been so used to drawing small images as well as work on some shading. The Ruby kicking was practicing working on a pose that could not be easily found in the show and directly referenced as well as trying coloring. This one was working on more complicated image with multiple characters interacting in some way with an actual background. Admittedly I knew that I was weaker at drawing backgrounds so I knew that this last one would prove challenging. I'm going to work on updating and then eventually coloring this one but I might hold of on it for a while and draw more simple pictures for the time being.

The funny thing is that I never thought I was ever good at drawing. I tend to have poor confidence in a lot of things I do.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Your art is getting more and more amazing! I cannot wait to see what else you make! I know it will be awesome!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Your art is getting more and more amazing! I cannot wait to see what else you make! I know it will be awesome!
I must admit I don't know how to react to such praise. Thank you and I'm glad you're enjoying my art! :smile

I haven't been doing too much drawing these past few weeks, but I have been doing a bit of sprite work every now and then. I finally finished doing an idle fighting pose for Chomper

With his dad's colors as an alternative palette.

I actually did some work with lighting this time around and I am quite pleased with the results. Since this is imagined with a fighting game in mind I decided to give Chomper a bit of a menacing smile to show off his sharp teeth.