The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flathead770's Fanart

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Hey, it's Chomper the fighter and son of the Sharptooth!

nice! ^^
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow! This is too awesome! Chomper looks quite ready for his battles! Best be careful he dosen't lose control of himself and his sharptooth powers or he'll go into Rage Mode! I can picture him in my head performing one of his moves, Shadow Strike and Sharptooth Barrage!

Your spriting seems to be getting better and more amazing! The shading is the example of how much you improved since the Ruby sprite you made!

I can't wait for more of those sprites! You are the best!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice! Also, I somehow missed the last update, Ruby looks really cool ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks very nice! Chomper really looks like he's ready for a fight and his expression suits that stance perfectly. The animation only reinforces that impression! His face looks a bit flat but otherwise, very cool job!  :D

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, it's Chomper the fighter and son of the Sharptooth!
Someone is going to have to break the news to Chomper's "parents" :lol

Best be careful he dosen't lose control of himself and his sharptooth powers or he'll go into Rage Mode! I can picture him in my head performing one of his moves, Shadow Strike and Sharptooth Barrage!
I think he has already given in to bloodlust. Look at that smile, he's got the look of a killer! Sharptooth Barrage makes sense but I'm having a hard time imagining what Shadow Strike would be. I picture Chomper as more of a "run straight in" type of fighter, not really resorting to stealth. I'm glad you're having fun with it though!

Nice! Also, I somehow missed the last update, Ruby looks really cool
Thanks. I'm glad you got to see it.

The animation only reinforces that impression! His face looks a bit flat but otherwise, very cool job!
Is it because his head is drawn at more of a side view than the rest of him? That's how I interpret that anyways. Something to keep in mind in the future at any rate. Thanks for the input!

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I thought I'd give you some more information to help you.

Shadow Strike is a super move I made for him. He jumps towards the wall, then jumps off and dives down to the opponent and strikes the opponent with his claws. Then he throws the opponent to the side of the screen and finishes with one big giant reach extended slice, similar to Strider Hiryu's Gram move in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

Sharptooth Barrage is similar to Wolverine's Berserker Barrage.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That makes a bit more sense. I haven't played much Marvel vs. Capcom and don't know who Strider is but it seems similar to what Vega does just with a bit of extra attacks added afterwards.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I got around to doing another drawing. I kept things a bit simpler this time so I could focus on coloring more.

I figured I would do one with Chomper since my original idea was to do a drawing to accompany the pixel art that I do. I tried to draw this one as large as possible with it taking up pretty much the whole 8 x 12 sheet. It made it quite time consuming to color in but I think it pays off with the result.

It's hard to tell but his belly is colored grey and his teeth/claws are grey mixed with a light yellow. Right now I'm just taking pictures with my phone since my scanner isn't working (though some proper lighting might also be something to look into).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:14:57 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
oh our cute Chomper! And purple!  :DD

Good he doesn't bite in half longneck's neck though.  :sducky

Awesome!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A really cute picture here!  :DD You've captured Chomper's expression excellently and the colors, once again, look incredible and smooth! His right leg (in the picture) seems a bit twisted but that's the only criticism I can give here. I really like this picture!  :yes

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Chomper looks absolutely adorable! Another great art piece you made!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa, that looks mighty cool! :D

I think the colouring is good. Very smooth looking with no visible white spots. The lilac/violet colour is a bit light but it's probably the most accurate choice when I think of Chomper's colour in that movie :)

Also can't spot any rough lineart mess-ups, good job ^^spike

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Dude, that's adorable!

VERY nice job indeed :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It seems everyone is pretty much in agreement with him being adorable so that's cool. I had a funny issue with Chomper's left eye (right hand side from our perspective) in which I felt like it looked angry. The problem was that it was pointed too much at the top, similar to the other eye. Once I rounded it off slightly then it looked better. It's crazy how such a subtle difference can go a long way.

oh our cute Chomper! And purple!

Good he doesn't bite in half longneck's neck though.

Awesome!
Well that got dark fast haha. Thanks Snik.

A really cute picture here! You've captured Chomper's expression excellently and the colors, once again, look incredible and smooth! His right leg (in the picture) seems a bit twisted but that's the only criticism I can give here. I really like this picture!
Thanks Sovereign. The twisted foot is actually in the scene as well. I was considering trying to draw the foot more in line with the other one but decided on just trying to match the reference image. It's good that you're staying sharp on these things though!

Chomper looks absolutely adorable! Another great art piece you made!
Thanks man

Whoa, that looks mighty cool!

I think the colouring is good. Very smooth looking with no visible white spots. The lilac/violet colour is a bit light but it's probably the most accurate choice when I think of Chomper's colour in that movie

Also can't spot any rough lineart mess-ups, good job
Thanks and good eye with the color. It is violet that I used. I tested another color on a really quick sketch and found that it was too dark, closer to his current design. I feel like a shade between violet and whatever other one I tested would have maybe matched up a bit better.

The lineart part went fairly smooth this time around. I never had to do any major changes so that was nice.

Dude, that's adorable!

VERY nice job indeed
Thank you Midnight

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just like in my random artwork topic, I'll be re-posting any LBT drawings for birthdays or whatever else here afterwards so they're archived in one spot. It will also hopefully prevent any offtopic tangents from getting out of hand too much as that is not my intention.

Sharptooth vs Red Claw first posted for Snik's birthday, September 14.

This was a fun one to come up with. I knew I wanted to have Sharptooth stepping on Red Claw but it took some work to finally finish the general outline. There were a few scenes that I used for references, namely using Sharptooth's head in the scene where he roars at Littlefoot and Cera after jumping from the thorns. My main priority was to get his face looking close to the movie as well as being intimidating. I looked at a few other scenes to make sure I was getting Red Claw's scar and such correct as well. I've also been working on doing a full greyscale image instead of only doing shading.

One problem with the drawing is that Red Claw's upper body is too large. I did end up finding a similar pose in LBT10 to confirm this after the drawing was nearing completion (the scene where the red sharptooth gets knocked into the tree). It's a shame I didn't think of using this earlier but more practice from memory is probably better in the long run. If anyone notices anything else that's off don't be shy to point it out.

DEAD RED CLAW.
IT IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was hoping you would enjoy it even though you've made it pretty clear before on this issue haha.

I take it Screech and Thud ran away?

Awesome drawing, and an awesome present!
Thanks. I'd like to think there was a 1 on 1 agreement before hand or Screech and Thud ran away once they knew what the result would be.

Wow that is one pretty cool drawing, sums up my opinion of who is best Sharptooth
Thanks. An opinion most people share I imagine.

I still think Red Claw isn't that bad. There are some sharpteeth worse than him, and he isn't that pathetic in Escape From The Mysterious Beyond. I'd say Screech and Thud are even better for their size.
I like Red Claw. I mean he interrupts songs, that's the most badass thing you can do. :lol

Damn Flathead, that's awesome!
Thank you! :DD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:14:38 PM by Flathead770 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a pretty awesome drawing with a nice idea and really cool feeling! The shading works really well and the original sharptooth looks great and mean!  :DD Red Claw's expression is a bit strange but otherwise there's not much I can point out. This is a truly great drawing and it's awesome that you do these pictures as birthday presents! Thank you for that!  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As I already said on Snik's Starday topic... this is so good :lol

I'm no expert on Sharpteeth, and certainly not on whether something is anatomically correct or not but... nothing looking off there as far as I can tell :)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Sep 15 2017 on  08:39 PM
Just like in my random artwork topic, I'll be re-posting any LBT drawings for birthdays or whatever else here afterwards so they're archived in one spot. It will also hopefully prevent any offtopic tangents from getting out of hand too much as that is not my intention.

Sharptooth vs Red Claw first posted for Snik's birthday, September 14.

This was a fun one to come up with. I knew I wanted to have Sharptooth stepping on Red Claw but it took some work to finally finish the general outline. There were a few scenes that I used for references, namely using Sharptooth's head in the scene where he roars at Littlefoot and Cera after jumping from the thorns. My main priority was to get his face looking close to the movie as well as being intimidating. I looked at a few other scenes to make sure I was getting Red Claw's scar and such correct as well. I've also been working on doing a full greyscale image instead of only doing shading.

One problem with the drawing is that Red Claw's upper body is too large. I did end up finding a similar pose in LBT10 to confirm this after the drawing was nearing completion (the scene where the red sharptooth gets knocked into the tree). It's a shame I didn't think of using this earlier but more practice from memory is probably better in the long run. If anyone notices anything else that's off don't be shy to point it out.

DEAD RED CLAW.
IT IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was hoping you would enjoy it even though you've made it pretty clear before on this issue haha.

I take it Screech and Thud ran away?

Awesome drawing, and an awesome present!
Thanks. I'd like to think there was a 1 on 1 agreement before hand or Screech and Thud ran away once they knew what the result would be.

Wow that is one pretty cool drawing, sums up my opinion of who is best Sharptooth
Thanks. An opinion most people share I imagine.

I still think Red Claw isn't that bad. There are some sharpteeth worse than him, and he isn't that pathetic in Escape From The Mysterious Beyond. I'd say Screech and Thud are even better for their size.
I like Red Claw. I mean he interrupts songs, that's the most badass thing you can do. :lol

Damn Flathead, that's awesome!
Thank you! :DD
They look somewhat similar to each other.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Excellent work on the drawing. The shading on the drawing is done very well and it truly captures the ferociousness of the original Sharptooth in the drawing.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That looks gorgeous, really nice drawing :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"