The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Introducing The LBT Fan Blog!

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude...you sure its was a good idea to post that announcement on youtube?  I mean you never no what will happen but these owner will take chances seeking you out.  However, its still a Good accomplishment.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Apr 21 2009 on  07:05 PM
Dude...you sure its was a good idea to post that announcement on youtube?  I mean you never no what will happen but these owner will take chances seeking you out.  However, its still a Good accomplishment.
Let's just say that I'm not worried. ;)

And that's all I will say. :P:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
NG surely its not too hard to find dvd copies of either movie?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 19 2009 on  05:49 PM
I'll allow the movies in low quality (250mb or less per movie) if Universal for sure shuts down LBT.  Until then though I don't want to take any potential money away from Universal Studios because they might make more LBT movies.
Considering the movies, I did a little experiment with LBT 2 and found that I can make it as low as 22.07 MB with a Bit rate at 38 kbps and 15 frames per second.  Of course, this makes them rather terrible in the end.  So bad, I don't know if anyone would actually watch them. :D

Oh, and I used Windows Movie Maker for that. :P:

Seriously though, if you think 250 MB for a movie is bad, make it as small as I did, then you'll really see what bad is. :lol:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've been able to make an entire LBT movie 140mb without making it too terrible.  It's about the same quality as the LBT TV episodes.  But I've also tried making LBT 10 into 10mb.  Dear god!  It looked like a blob! :lol  :lol:

EDIT:  But even if I do allow these videos on my server, I will be the one to upload and convert them.  In addition, I would not allow them to be downloaded.  Streaming only.  And for those savvy web masters out there who are thinking they'll just look at my code and find the URL to download the movies, think again. :p Unless you know how to hack, you're not getting 'em.  I'm going to encrypt the movies in a folder, then embed the password in reverse binary into the flv file itself.  In English, this means that ONLY the player itself will be able to access the restricted folder.  Getting past reverse binary is tricky.  Pretty much there would be a way to find out the password to the encrypted folder, but it'd be a lot off work.  If you can hack enough to find out how, more power to ya.  This is just to prevent the massive spread of downloads.  And besides, if you know enough to hack the server and get access to these files, you also know another much easier way to get the LBT movies in full quality. :p