The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Y'see, I've beeen having these sleep-stories..."

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay... I had a weird one last week.

I had a dream that my classmate died for some reason, sickness I think, and everyone was feeling bad about her death, me included. She likes music, so in her "deathday" card there was a bunch of instruments. Then I woke up.

The first thing I did when I saw her was say, "Good to see you alive."   :smile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had a dream the other day about being trapped in a large, underground facility, which reminded me of an old insane asylum, with a random group of people. The culprit: some rich lady who enjoyed watching helpless people get slaughtered by her "pets," which happened to be giant-sledgehammer-wielding trolls. She only had 3. We got rid of one, but the other two murderously destroyed our group. Only one of us got out. It wasn't me though. I was the last to go. It was a sacrificial death. Right when I and the other person, a woman, found a way out, we were confronted by the two trolls. I got the attention of both trolls and told the woman to run for the escape, which we had just managed to reach. After that, my final moments were me rolling out of the way of one of the troll' sledgehammer and then being hit by the other. My perspective then changed to third-person as it followed the woman's escape, which almost didn't happen as one of the trolls nearly caught up to her. She rode an elevator to the top floor. As she got to the front door of the building, she found that it was locked. The rich woman, impressed by what she had seen, opened the door (from a control room) and allowed her to escape. The woman runs through the woods until she comes across a road. Not far down the road are a cluster of trailers, most of which are empty of residents. As she is about to approach one of the trailers for help, an ambulance drives up and takes someone out of one of the empty trailers. The woman goes to look into the ambulance to see who it was, and, as soon she looks into the ambulance, I wake up.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
In the very wide mix of my dreams from last night, one of our cats who died in about 2004, Bengal, was still alive for some reason and was just living with someone else, and brought back to us after many years. Or something like that. For some reason, it wasn't always a cat, at some point an Asian baby was involved (one about 6 to 9 months old). But I kept thinking "Bengal's back with us...this is heartbreakingly awkward".

And now I'm feeling a little down because I don't have a ton of STRONG memories of him :( .

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I remember having this 2-scenario dream back in April of 2011 or so. It was probably one of my most memorable dreams I've ever had.

Here's how it went:

Scenario 1: I'm sitting down, watching an episode of "The Smurfs" that never actually exists. A song ends up being played in a scene involving Papa Smurf and Greedy, which is an 80's style ballad, filled with synthesizers, drum machines, stuff I love about a lot 80's ballads. I was breathtaken when seeing this. I only wish it was for real though!

Scenario 2: I'm at my grandma's house where I now currently reside (I live next door to there; our house is a condominium), sitting on a couch on her Sony "VAIO" computer, looking up YouTube videos. I must've been looking up along the lines of "Yogi's First Christmas" or something like that. Suddenly, the "Avast! virus database has been updated" announcement pops up, and that's was when I woke up, realising that my dream that I hoped was real was all a fake!

What a disappointing dream. Oh well...I'll have better ones, I'm sure!

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just woke up this morning from a dream where me and my family were sitting in the parlor watching some strange documentary on Land Before Time, and all of a sudden my friend walked in and gave me a whole bunch of MnM's :blink:....and then I woke up :lol:

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Epic dream last night! By now though, I've forgotten some of it.

Scenario 1: Me and my family are sitting home when I suddenly see a truck displayed with a local news station logo on it. Then, Publishers Clearing House stops by to announce that we are the newest millionaires! We have the time of our lives! (BTW, this might actually come true, as we are pending to win this giveaway. Stay tuned!)

Scenario 2: I'm sitting inside a cafe or something, filled with quite a few big screen TVs. I don't even remember what I'm doing in that dream, because I was nearly awake by then.

I so wish the PCH miracle can come true!

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I have very weird and vivid dreams all the time.  :rolleyes: A lot of them are morbid. Some aren't... I had a dream a while ago that I was decorating my bathroom, but instead of buying bath rugs at the store like a normal person, I snuck into this underground fight club, disguised as a man, to steal these fluffy baby blue rugs out of their men's restroom/shower/locker room.

Last night I had a dream in which I was trying to help this girl, who had accidentally gotten involved with this scary cult-slash-secret society of Cylon-like android imposters that was openly trying to take over the world. There was this resistance group which had encouraged her at first to try to help them infiltrate the cult, but then she got scared and didn't show up for one of the cult's meetings, and they caught on to her and were trying to capture her so they could turn her into one of them for reals. I was supposed to help her escape, and it was crucial that she did so because she had this amulet(?!) thing (I don't know how to describe it, it kept changing shape--sometimes it looked like a lego velociraptor, or a crystal pendant, or a dead anole lizard) which would help decide if the cult took over the world or if the resistance would beat them. I had to infiltrate the cult inside their library-based headquarters in order to get close enough to her to help her escape, so then once the jig was up they were after me too. There was a brief car chase, and at one point we were running through this field which had rows of theater seats instead of crops, which was really difficult. I kept tripping over seats and getting my pant legs snagged. It ended with the two of us being cornered at gunpoint by this cult... I woke up before anything else could happen but I don't think it would have ended in our escape.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Last night I think, I had a dream in which I was on these forums...and The Friendly Sharptooth was online as well! Like that's ever going to happen anytime soon though.  :(

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
(Forgive the double post!)

Last night (or was it the other night? IDK), I had a dream in which the original LBT was on...yet it was completely different somehow. All I know is that it seemed to be a musical of some sorts, plus I thought a bit of Mr. Tavera's soundtrack ended up on there, almost as if Mr. Horner was conducting it instead! I've almost completely forgotten it, sadly.  :(

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Two days ago, I had a rather peculiar dream.

I can't really describe the scene very well, but I guess you could think of it as if I was in some kind of action movie on a team of the good guys. We're trying to sneak past some guards, but as soon as they notice us, I knew a gun battle was about to start, so I immediately dove for cover, not only because I didn't want to get shot at but also because I was apparently the only one who didn't even have a gun. Eventually, one of the bad guys managed to get past my cover and as he aims his gun at me, I shout, "Please don't kill me! I'll do anything you want! I'll do anything you say! Just please let me live!" I don't remember the details that followed, but what basically happened was that things ended up for the better for me and my fellow good guys.

What make this dream so strange to me is that, if I was actually placed in a situation like that, my reactions would be almost exactly like that. In other words, no matter what the scenario, I will always go with whatever option that allows me to keep on living. I honestly don't care what the consequences may be, I just don't ever want to die...

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had a dream the other night about someone undergoing a metamorphosis - but unlike Kafka's, it was really, really bloody, and graphic.
This woman was transforming into some kind of daemon with wings. It was just so bizarre. She was screaming in pain, the wings were unfurling, and I didn't get to see the end result. Gaah, I woke up with a mixture of "Hey, that was kinda cool, never had that type of dream before" and "WTF just happened? O_o"
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The oddest Land Before Time dream I ever had was one in which the entire movie was reinacted with muppet versions of the main characters.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Now that's a cool dream!

I once dreamt I was watching a Land Before Time movie on TV, and it had subtitles (LBT is mostly dubbed into foreign languages, not subtitled, since part of it's intendend audience can't read) but it wasn't anything I could remember from any real LBT movie.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just had a dream. It was long, and I can't remember all of it, but I remember the end. I often dream of suburban labyrinths: imagine a vast swath of tightly packed neighborhoods and yards that stretched so far it seemed like a small city. This one was interesting because it was the first time one of these suburban labyrinths took on the characteristics of where I currently live: utah. There were steep inclines, valleys, and mountains far in the distance. But in this particular dream, it was at night. I was with a young girl, and we were trying to get away from soneones. We crept out the back door of one of the houses onto a high porch, and jumped down on the squishy, Soddy grass below and tried to walk away as quickly and casually as possible. There were lights-- Christmas lights-- in some of the windows of the houses (the mood was not cheerful) and suddenly the young girl I was with jumped in fright and said their was someone on the eleventh floor of a nearby window that was watching us. The Christmas decorations turned the suburban maze into something of a hyper decorated maze of Futuristic Christmas buildings, and when I turned to see what she was talking about, I saw an old woman behind a series of glass windows, beconing us up on a giant clockwork lift. She seemed incredibly familiar to me. When we got up she said something about cake that me suspicious. End of dream.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had a dream that my nephew fell into a pond and I couldn't find him. :unsure: In the end he floated up alive but I was very panicked. I hate when my subconscious plays on my fears.  :(

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Tell me about it.  I had a really bad one last night that my instinct tells me was entirely my subconscious messing with me.

In the dream I was a heavy drinker and had a messy house, and I went to a party with a bunch of people.  A lot of the people had too much to drink and they were saying and believing things they wouldn't say or listen to if they were sober.  This person sitting next to me then started talking about how they had gotten a good friend of mine fired from their job simply because they gossip, and how they would have to go to council if they wanted any hope in getting their job back.  I then jumped up and started screaming at this person what a liar they are, how they have no authority over anyone to begin with, and how there is no such thing as a "council", and that they're telling nothing but lies and ruining peoples' reputations.  This person tried to apologize half-heartedly but I stormed off, screaming that they've done enough damage and to stay away from me.  

I then found a quiet place and was looking at the night sky while crying hard and shouting out wishes and feelings I've only been saying internally for the past 9 months, and there were a LOT of shooting stars in the sky.  There were trees around, and I think I remember seeing an owl.  I then said I'd text this friend the next day, and went into a housing building different from the one I really live in.  As I went into the building, I was noticing certain numeric patterns.  I showered and started cleaning up my house, and I was about to drink another beer but put it away, saying enough is enough.  I then received a text message from my friend saying everything this person said at the party was a lie and they still have their job.  Somehow I had telepathically communicated with this person.  Then I woke up at around 1:30AM and couldn't sleep until after 3AM.

To me, that first paragraph represents everything I would never want to be: messy, heavy drinker, depressed, even confrontational unless necessary.  The people represented people I would never associate myself with either.  The part about my good friend being fired was a way my subconscious was playing on fears.  This person is not the type who would spread rumors about people, and as far as I know, one cannot be fired for simply being a gossiper.  There has to be more to the story.

The second paragraph represents me getting rid of any negativity or not letting the negativity of others get the best of me.  Shooting stars are good luck symbols, owls in dreams are telling you to pay careful attention to that particular moment in a dream, and the number sequences I saw all happen to be karma numbers (for those who believe in numerology).

That was a crazy dream alright :crazy.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've had dreams about death and some of my dreams where very bloody and gory.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 22 2013 on  10:54 AM
^Tell me about it.  I had a really bad one last night that my instinct tells me was entirely my subconscious messing with me.

In the dream I was a heavy drinker and had a messy house, and I went to a party with a bunch of people.  A lot of the people had too much to drink and they were saying and believing things they wouldn't say or listen to if they were sober.  This person sitting next to me then started talking about how they had gotten a good friend of mine fired from their job simply because they gossip, and how they would have to go to council if they wanted any hope in getting their job back.  I then jumped up and started screaming at this person what a liar they are, how they have no authority over anyone to begin with, and how there is no such thing as a "council", and that they're telling nothing but lies and ruining peoples' reputations.  This person tried to apologize half-heartedly but I stormed off, screaming that they've done enough damage and to stay away from me. 

I then found a quiet place and was looking at the night sky while crying hard and shouting out wishes and feelings I've only been saying internally for the past 9 months, and there were a LOT of shooting stars in the sky.  There were trees around, and I think I remember seeing an owl.  I then said I'd text this friend the next day, and went into a housing building different from the one I really live in.  As I went into the building, I was noticing certain numeric patterns.  I showered and started cleaning up my house, and I was about to drink another beer but put it away, saying enough is enough.  I then received a text message from my friend saying everything this person said at the party was a lie and they still have their job.  Somehow I had telepathically communicated with this person.  Then I woke up at around 1:30AM and couldn't sleep until after 3AM.

To me, that first paragraph represents everything I would never want to be: messy, heavy drinker, depressed, even confrontational unless necessary.  The people represented people I would never associate myself with either.  The part about my good friend being fired was a way my subconscious was playing on fears.  This person is not the type who would spread rumors about people, and as far as I know, one cannot be fired for simply being a gossiper.  There has to be more to the story.

The second paragraph represents me getting rid of any negativity or not letting the negativity of others get the best of me.  Shooting stars are good luck symbols, owls in dreams are telling you to pay careful attention to that particular moment in a dream, and the number sequences I saw all happen to be karma numbers (for those who believe in numerology).

That was a crazy dream alright :crazy.
I've never had dreams like that.
My dreams either play on my fears or they're just completely random and a combination of just about anything and everything I have ever experienced. I'm either a survivor in a dinosaur apocalypse or running away from a tornado.  :lol
My fear dreams are never fun though. I remember one dream where I was trying to hide from a tornado but no matter where I hid, there it was outside the window, which every room (even the bathroom, though not in real life) had. I have lilapsophobia, and my subconscious loves to have fun with this. I think a good percentage of my dreams have been tornado related, and they always freak me out because of how real they are compared to my other dreams.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, I had tornado dreams in the past :D

Tornados fascinate me for some reason. I'm a weather/meteorology/natural catastrophies nut  :nyah
Inactive, probably forever.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm fascinated with them as well. I have books on catastrophic weather and weather phenomena. It's the destructive power I fear.