The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lets talk about Mo.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile

At first I thought Mo was either a relative or an evolved form of this pokeman. I even thought it was a girl because of the eyelashes. But if littlefoot can have eyelashes as a male than so can Tweety. speaking of genders, did you know that when they started developing Cera's character they actually wanted her to be a male? I remember reading this article years ago but I'll have to go find it again.

Anyway, back to Mo, yo! I think Mo is an interesting character. He has a positive attitude, he is playful, and adventurous. I also find him to be mysterious. We got a glimpse of the big water but where does he really come from? Where is his origin? Is he a youngster? Whats his diet? ...Is he single?

There is not much else to be said about Mo except his three appearances that involved a movie, a brief cameo and an episode. I never saw the episode but I'll probably watch it when I get the chance. Does anybody think that Dinah and Dana's character are a bit similar to Mo's? They are both adventurous, somewhat naive, and energetic. Speaking of Dinah and Dana, whatever happened to them? They got laid off? (in other words, the writers got nothing for them?)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it was late in the scriptwriting when they made Cera into a girl based on Spielberg's suggestion, if it was him who made it, I don't recall correctly.  

As for the eyelashes they are pretty inconsistent with those since as I recall in some movies Litttlefoot's looks so long that if you turn the sound off he could be a girl.  To bad they were not more consistent.  That could have been one easy way for the audience to tell the difference in the genders.   Though Dinos would not have eyelashes for real, it would make it easier to tell the difference if say only females had eyelashes.  That's what I would have done.  Having the males brighter colored like birds and females more drab is a thing most folks would likely miss since I'd guess most folks, and kids, don't really notice that.  

I'd guess Mo's main diet would be fish since I'd guess the type of creature he's based on ate fish, though I"m no expert in that era.  Though from what I heard Petrie's type should be eating fish also, but they have him as a plant eater.  

As for Dinah and Dina they vanished into limbo like ever other character who usually appears in just 1 movie or maybe gets 1 episode appearance.  You can make up your own story as to what happened to them.  And oddly enough, I think they are in one of the games on the 4th movie dvd, playing in the mists.  

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Also, I think there's a topic for this already.

I will say this.  He's my second most favorite character of LBT!

For me, my absolute favorite is, and always will be, Cera.  Just love her!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Mo was one of those rare sparks in the very late stages of LBT's life.  He was something interesting, but they really kept him one dimensional - as you said, we don't know much about him, and likely were never going to get that sort of backstory.  Mo is certainly a juvenile of his kind, and just wants to have fun, and doesn't take a lot of things seriously.  Just about all of the original gang know when its time to chill....Mo doesn't.  His voice was certainly cool though....must've hurt after a while because you're speaking like you have excess phlegm in your throat. :p

The pokemon reference is just o.O  !!!!!

Bruton the Iguanodon