The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America: The First Avenger

As well as this statue here: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Moebuts...tatue/19701128/

I find it to be rather well done as well, with the detail and all that sort of jazz XD

I'm already planning on getting this one as well....hopefully next week: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Queens-...tatue/19677563/

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Getting a few more DVDs this week....including Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Left 4 Dead 2, The Passing DLC, and The Sacrifice DLC to go along with the game. The funny thing is I don't even own an Xbox 360. I bought the game after playing the 1st on my sister's 360 and used her's to buy the DLC.  :D I'm getting my own soon, though, so no money wasted.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had decided to buy two Lego sets while my family and I were at Wal-Mart a few days ago: a moon buggy (37 pieces) and a space shuttle (231 pieces). However, my dad is now insisting that I should start spending my own money if I want to buy things for myself, which won't be possible until after I start looking for a job, so at this time I owe my dad $35.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A few months ago, my dad got me a credit card with the intention of helping to build credit for me (which is currently non-existent). He will be paying the bill each month, but it's not like I buy a lot of things. (There will likely be some months where I don't buy anything at all.)

A few days ago, I decided to use that credit card for the first time. In this case, purchasing two Lego sets online. I was convinced these sets were limited-edition, so I decided to get them as soon as possible: the NASA Mars Curiosity rover ($30), and the DeLorean Time Machine from "Back to the Future" ($35). Due to some promotion, another smaller set came with it for free. Add the over $8 in shipping to that for a total price of $73.

I honestly can't wait until it arrives. :)

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Earlier this week, I made a huge purchase of Lego sets, all from the LEGO Movie theme. I was interested in getting as many sets as possible from that theme (kinda like I used to with Bionicle, years ago), and since some of those sets are now starting to be discontinued, I knew that I was running out of time to get them. However, After I had added up the total cost of getting all of them, I decided it was probably best to set a limit somewhere and pass on a few of those sets.

Out of all 20 sets from the LEGO Movie theme, I now have 14 of them (I passed on the remaining 6 since they don't include any of the main characters). Among those sets are some small ones at around $14 each, other modest sized ones at around $40, and (easily the biggest purchase I've ever made) MetalBeard's pirate ship at $250. (With over 2700 pieces, it is by far the biggest Lego set this household has ever gotten.) I know that sounds like a staggering amount of money to spend on Lego sets (especially that very big one), but for a Lego enthusiast like myself, I see it as money well spent. :)

- Berix

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Wenger army knife and a zippo lighter. Also some games from Steam which went on sale (mostly copies of the games I already had like Worms: Clan Wars and Damned so I could gift them to my friends and play with them). :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Mostly food, actually bought a lot last week, so didn't need to get as much this week for breakfast/lunch/dinner

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All harry potter movies on bluray
The Divergent book set
Some amiibos ^^

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mostly groceries, since I'm trying to save money so I can go overseas again.  

I do need to get a ball bearing repaired on my car, though.  It's starting to squeal like nails on a chalkboard.  That'll have to be next week😉.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Despite all the negative stories about knock-off Dualshock 3 controllers, I went ahead and bought one. It's silver. I was very nervous that it wouldn't work, but it works very well 😥. The only problems, though not really problems, are the haptic feedback isn't as strong as in the official controller and the PS button slips under the casing if pressed too far down. I'm sure the durability is a lot lower, but the fact that it works is all that matters. It should hold until I can get an official controller.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last weekend, I took advantage of a sale on Steam to purchase a bunch of Lego video games. With all but the most recent ones available for 75% off, I managed to get 13 games (plus some DLC for a couple of them) for a total of just over $77. I'll admit that I'm unlikely to get around to playing many of these games for a while, but to get that many major games from over the past eight years for so little was something I just couldn't resist.

- Berix

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A Breyer horse that looks like my real horse almost perfectly, though I have to wait it to arrive in the post.

A pair of sunglasses since my dog ate my other pair and I hate being outside in Summer without them.

A packet of Candy Canes

Christmas presents for friends and family..still not done though

Customized headcollar for my horse with his name on it..yeah I waste money..but his old one was daggy

A copy of the book White Fang

Food

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
All harry potter movies on bluray
The Divergent book set
Some amiibos ^^
Some good purchases there.  :Mo

In my introduction post in The Welcome Center, I mentioned that I hadn't seen any of the LBT sequels in recent years and that I was a bit apprehensive about it, but a few people told me I should watch them anyway. So that's what I decided to do. I ordered the complete collection from Amazon just yesterday.

Also, I recently ordered this custom-designed shirt:

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Love this! ^^ So heartwarming!

Never ordered custom designed things in my life.
Hmm, maybe it's time.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412