The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Thanks!

I had it designed using entripy.com. This was the image I used for the chest area:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thnx however I'm gonna be using a photo on Chomper or the where I can see the whole current gang 

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well feel free to post when you get it made. I'd love to see your version.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All harry potter movies on bluray
The Divergent book set
Some amiibos ^^
Some good purchases there.  :Mo

Haha thanks! Glad to know I made some good purchases years ago ;) I still have them all!

In my introduction post in The Welcome Center, I mentioned that I hadn't seen any of the LBT sequels in recent years and that I was a bit apprehensive about it, but a few people told me I should watch them anyway. So that's what I decided to do. I ordered the complete collection from Amazon just yesterday.

Also, I recently ordered this custom-designed shirt:

This is great! Are you going to watch the sequels anytime soon? Also that is a lovely print. I've never worn any LBT clothing as far as I can remember, but I hope you can wear it with pride :D

I recently bought some furniture (boring adult stuff, I know). For the first time in my adult life I have an outdoor area I can actually sit in, even if it is right next to a busy street :PCera

I got an outdoor lounge set, with a little glass topped table in the center. Everything is modular, so I can move things around and make a bigger seating area (space permitting) when I have guests over. Also bought that green bin, so I don't have to smell the trash when I relax outside, haha. Really looking forward to sitting outside when temperatures start to rise a bit!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, the Harry Potter fan in me was quite pleased. Same with the Divergent book set; I loved those books, but I know very few other people who've read the series.

Re: the shirt, thanks. I wasn't sure how the image was going to look, but I was satisfied with how it turned out. I have worn it out and about a couple times and already I got a few comments on it. It was my first time ever ordering a custom shirt. Shows how much of an impression the film left on me.

And yes, I do plan on watching the sequels fairly soon. Once my DVD set arrives I'll probably get started on that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:05:10 PM by StardustSoldier »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes, the Harry Potter fan in me was quite pleased. Same with the Divergent book set; I loved those books, but I know very few other people who've read the series.
Awesome! I'm a big Potter fan too - grew up with the books and it definitely inspired my love for fantasy in general. I really liked the Divergent books, and other books in that genre. Haven't read any in a while now, though. Cool to see someone here has read them too, high five!

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:53:42 AM by Mumbling »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I think I accidentally already posted this on some other topic by identical name, but here it is nevertheless.  :SmugSpike

I have bought many books this year, mostly about sci-fi series dubbed Halo. But I also bought something that'll help me improve as a writer; The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression. This book has helped me much so far, and I recommend anyone that struggles with writing to pick this one up and many other guides like this book.  :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey stardustSoldier nice shirt! I have a LBT shirt that I ordered off Amazon to wear on any dino related events. Got a few comments on it as well haha.

Nothing too serious on the purchase front for me though.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ Mumbling: Yes, hi five! Do you have a favourite HP book or film? (or should I create a separate thread for that?)

@ Anagnos: Ooh, you're a writer too. Cool. I might have to pick up that book sometime. I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing as well.

@ Flathead770: Thanks! What does your shirt look like?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:13:04 PM by StardustSoldier »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@ Mumbling: Yes, hi five! Do you have a favourite HP book or film? (or should I create a separate thread for that?)

I did some digging (as one does on an ancient forum like this) and found this topic (feel free to revive it, by the way):
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=10421

I seem to have stated book 3 as my favorite. Now about 2 years ago I re-read all the books, finally reading them from an adult perspective. I no longer find book 5 boring, since I understand it better now. I'm not a big fan of picking favorites, but I think I prefer the final book over all others now. It ties things together beautifully and it tends to make me cry on certain chapters. I don't have a favorite movie :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow. :olittlefoot I did not even know such thing existed. How much it cost you and where did you purchase it?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got it from Amazon.ca. It cost me $39.35 total, including taxes and shipping & handling.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You got me interested to check this out myself. I don't have any of the films anymore, expect maybe on VHS and I don't own that anymore.  :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I still have a VHS player, although I seldom use it.

Have you seen all of the films before?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have indeed, but it would be such a pleasure to watch those again after so much time has passed.  :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you know how long it's been since you last saw them? For me when I re-watched the original film, the last time had been over 15 years ago.

Same thing with the sequels. I know I've seen at least a couple of them as a kid, but enough time has passed now that it'd almost be like watching them for the first time. And several others I haven't seen at all.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you know how long it's been since you last saw them?

I don't remember the exact date, but my guess would probably be about 7-10 years ago. I do remember how the films go by plot, but it would be nice to visit my childhood again after so many years have passed.  :)