The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would have made the series better?

rosie · 10 · 2081

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I heard if Rudy and chomper weren't around it would have been better? Do you agreed? What would have made the series better in your opinion?  :birthday

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sort of neutral about Ruby, but I like having Chomper around, though I don't think that he should stick around. They should have his parents come back and pick him up at the season's end.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I already made a topic about this and the overall general opinion is that Ruby and Chomper should appear in a sequel.  I know it's not exactly your question, but if people would be in favor of them appearing in an actual movie, that must mean that they think that Ruby and Chomper make a good addition to the gang.  

My opinion however differs from the majority.  I think Ruby should definitely go.  Chomper should go to0 because he's a great side character.  I mean, 5 main characters is more than enough 7 is really pushing it and if they added a couple of guest characters, there'd just be too many for little kids to comprehend if they hadn't seen every movie and known the 5 original characters by heart.  The gang of seven really isn't my style.  It should still remain "The Gang Of Five" in my opinion.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They could also have done like they did in the first season of the Justice League cartoon, where all of the characters were not always in every episode.  In some episodes this or that character would not be present.  It would fit especially with characters like Ducky & Petrie who have siblings that they may enjoy playing with & some like Cera where their family may decide to do something together.  Then you would not have all 7 together all the time.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I guess I would try to fill up the plotholes (e.g. how and why exactly did Chomper and Ruby get to the great Valley? How come that the great valley grownups don't seem to have any issue with Chomper? Who is Redclaw and what is it that seems to set him apart from other sharpteeth?). Perhaps the problems caused by the short timeframe of the episodes (a point which has been criticized by many, though I personally preferred it over some of the sequels being drawn out with little action to fill out the time properly) may be mended by making plots which stretch over two, three or more episodes. Even a continuous story for an entire season could be possible if good effort is put into a good plot.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It would be nice to see a story arc for an entire season, but I have my doubts that they will do anything like that.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can't see how they would get rid of Chomper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the most popular character of the series?

Besides, Chomper's character is vital to the morals in the LBT. Mainly, the character shows that you can be friends with those of a different species, or in this case for people races. Seeing that Chomper is a sharptooth but he is still friends with leaf eaters shows a good lesson that you can't alienate people because of a stereotypical idea about a certain group.

But to get back on topic, I don't see Chomper leaving anytime soon. Is it possible, yes, why I would not know, but I don't see it likely.

I do think adding Ruby was taking it a step too far. There are already so many characters in the LBT universe, and all of them don't even appear that much throughout the TV series, besides the parents. If Ruby appeared in one episode, like certain guest characters, then I could deal with it. However, making her a main character just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Besides, having her in the TV series but not in a sequal then creates controversies as to how many more movies can they make before they reach when Chomper and Ruby arrive at the Great Valley. The show gives the impression that it takes place after any and all remaining movies.

Again, back on topic, Ruby to me is an unneccesary character.

I do agree with the idea that Chomper could have not been made a main character, but still appear frequently throughout the TV series. Then he would be like Newmen from Seinfield. He's not a main character, but still makes an appearance frequently.

To sum up my ideas:

Chomper stay in the show, but not part of the gang.
Ruby not in the gang or show at all

I'm sorry for making a long response, and I hope I don't offend anybody with my opinions.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All they need to do is to reduce the number of songs for the episodes plus being more creative with it.  The rest of it is ok.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yeah, 1 song per TV Episode is PLENTY in my opinion.  They don't need to have 5 full minutes of songs in a 17 minute episode. :p It seems like they spend more time singing than doing anything else to me. :rolleyes:

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I think Dancing Feather brought up a really good point in his fanfics. What happens when Chomper, y'know, grows up? Sure he never will in the TV series and he wont actually be eating anything besides bugs, but it almost seems like the series is mocking him. He's all happy and enjoying himself with his friends but eventually that'll have to end since he wont be able to eat bugs all his life.

Maybe they should explore this in the the 14th movie

Also, I like Ruby, but she just seems like a bigger version of ducky without the catchphrases.