The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Fanfic

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
This is the beginning narration of the first of my Land Before Time:  Guardian Chronicles, called "The First Guardian".  It's pretty much like a mix between Dinotopia and LBT, but what happens is that a few humans were taken back in time to protect the Great Valley.  Of course, it steps out of the boundaries of what LBT normally have.  But you'd never know if the humans' presence would change the course of history, or if it is already written in time...  This is all I have for the fic now, since it is far from complete.  Please let me know what you guys think.

Oh, and Malte, I still have the email you sent me with the second fic you wrote.  I never had the chance to read it, but I'll be sure to let you know when I finally read it.

The Land Before Time:  Guardian Chronicles
"The First Guardian"

Eons ago, before the time of man, the earth was ruled by great beasts that ruled the land, the sea, and the sky.  These beasts were called...the dinosaurs.

Even in the time of dinosaurs, life was dangerous.  Famine, plague, drought, the changing elements, and even meat-eating dinosaurs, threatened the daily lives of these creatures.  But in all the chaos most of the world faced, only one peaceful place was protected from the outside world...the Great Valley.  A beautiful land of trees, plants, and clear water, the Valley is shielded from the Mysterious Beyond by a great wall of mountains.  But sooner or later, these walls are bound to fall to a mysterious enemy hidden within the darkest shadows of the Mysterious Beyond...

Unknown even to the dinosaurs that live there, the Great Valley itself contains secrets unimagined.  Deep within the rocks of the tallest mountain, lies a hidden chamber, created and infused with a power never seen by the worlds of both dinosaur and man, but is destined to cross the paths of the two species separated by over 65 million years...

Now the time comes for the first test to be taken, for the fate of the dinosaur world lies in the hands of the Guardians of the Great Valley...

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Well this is a cool start, done any more on it? like to see what starts to happen.

-Threehorn

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's pretty much all I have for it right now, due the amount of time I have this semester.  But I'm putting down the plans I need to write the rest when I do have the time off.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Well...I can safely say I'm impressed with what I've read so far! Nice job!  ;) Attention grabbing right from the start! If you're willing to let loose a little more...I know I'd be reading on!  :^.^: LOL!

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think it's a nice start overall. :)  It's hard for me to comment right now since not much has happened, but I'll keep reading and comment as I go. ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
That part was only the beginning narration.  Once I get it done and revised (and re-revised :p ), I'll send you all a copy.  With how I write, it may be novel-sized. :blink:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,Feb 2 2005 on  04:26 PM
That part was only the beginning narration.  Once I get it done and revised (and re-revised :p ), I'll send you all a copy.  With how I write, it may be novel-sized. :blink:
I write novels too. :P:  See my serious role play stuff and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
when will it be updated? I like to see what happens next

-Threehorn

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Since my spring break is coming soon, I'll get a better start on it.  What we have here already is the prologue narration (or whatever it is that narrates the very beginning of the story), and I'm...pretty much still in the first chapter... :bang

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Anything new about this?

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting Kenji. You've piqued my interest.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, even on spring break my lack of time is still hurting me.  My best chance of time will have to be in the summer...unless my family decides to throw another curveball when I least expect it.  Sorry about the delay.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But I thought there would at least be a hour or so day of free time to do something maybe a little save it on word then work on a bit more for a short time. you don't have to do the whole lot in one go you know.

-Threehorn

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know.  I'm also still making things up as I go, so it takes a little longer.  Now that I remember that I'm a night owl, I could done some more work late at night.  I'll try to get it as done as soon as I can get it done.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Come on Threehorn, don't put pressure on Kenji! If the joy of writing a story is being made a duty that HAS to be done in the free time even though one would actually prefer doing something else it won't be good for the story.
Actually the writing of my own storys drawls out far too long. I've been writing since August 2002 with my current LBT story now and it's little more than 200 pages (little more than 400 if one counts the translation to German). I ought to be much faster and sometimes it seems I was just plain lazy.
Still I don't think it would be good to write stories while one thinks of things one would prefer doing at that moment.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
No worries, Malte.  Sometimes it takes a little reminder to make sure I get this story done at all.  It will take a long while to get it done, but it will be done.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
There's no rush Kenji! I've been working on my first LBT fanfic since summer 2 years ago! I've hit 330+ pages and I'm still working on it. Great achievements take time to unfold!  ;) Even though my story's up on Fanfiction.net, I havent posted a new chapter for well over a month! I'm still determined to get to the end of it though  :^.^:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've been working on mine. been some time, no idea how long the story is so far.

-Threehorn

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm actually working on several different works:  The LBT fanfic, the drawing of Nick's character's staff, and two non-LBT stories.  Sometimes I wish I stop multi-tasking...