The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How did you find the GOF?

Petrie. · 241 · 45693

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Got here one month ago, I remeber scavenging trough the web in search for something just like this forum. Stumbled across some kinda old, rather booring looking thing, with a link to here. 1-0 to me World wide Web!  :lol:
Now, GoF is added to my favorites, so i won't lost it =D
Very gald to be here, I know I'll be for a long time.  :^.^:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I found the GoF by luck: I was searching for some information on some of the LBT characters, and came across the LBT Wiki. Saw the link, checked it out, and observed for about a week before signing up.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
about a year or 2 ago, my LBT time obsession was beginning and i was seaching on google for any LBT websites and forums i could find and happened to come across this one :).

it was around the time i heard about LBT 12 that sparked my revival of interest in the series

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Well, looked over this site two years ago, but I really didn't want to join it then. When I did join Tropicalia's forum, I saw the link for this and I took a step up and joined.

Edit: Oops...I meant two years ago... :P:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Three years ago we were still getting on our feet at invision...maybe it didn't look active enough then.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 9 2008 on  05:49 PM
Three years ago we were still getting on our feet at invision...maybe it didn't look active enough then.
Nah, it didn't have anything to do with that, I just didn't join for my own personal reasons...:p that's all...

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i gonna thank an old member, although he never posted something, i give you a hint: it was the first dutch guy on this forum, no? alright here is another one: he(or she) got his own website about LBT, not yet?'sigh' OK i'll say it: the member platvoet en zijn vriendjes(geez, what an annoying name!)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kjeldo.. He did post something, really :^.^:

He even came back when his birthday was celebrated, just for a day though..

And yes, it's an annoying name indeed :p..

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Okie..So here I was surfing Youtube and adding friends.. And then a user named Underpater came and asked me to add him to his msn..
So I did.. and from that he gave me the link..
Now the first day I was pretty shy.. But I now know that in this forum we're like family!!

And thanks to all those who welcomed me and were so nice to me! I can't wait to get to know you all!!

*Huggies*

platvoetje

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/monsterhunterkill
i'm here because of mumbling  :D
see invited me here :DD

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Found it after scrooling through a few forums. Don't ask which.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Why not? It would be interesting to know where there are links to the GOF.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I can only think of two that link to us, specifically since I gave them the image and code to do so.  The LBT wiki links to us too as does Austin's site.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Still others may have just picked up the url and posted it somewhere without telling anyone (I did leave links at some places which deemed me potential places to find new members for example).

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mine's kind of strange.  I am a regular reader on Fanfiction.net.  Anyhoo, I was looking under one of the forums when I saw a comment made by dalandb4time (Lain_EX?) that included the statement: "See ya at da Gang of Five!"  I searched "Gang of Five" under Yahoo, and found a bunch of links to mafia-related gangs :rolleyes:.  Then, a light bulb flashed in my head, and I searches "Land Before Time Forum" and, long behold, found this forum :D.  I was a regular guest for a few months.  I was hesitant in joining 'cuz I've always been something of a misfit and was afraid of rejection.  I finally got the nerve to join on February 19, 2008.  I have come to realize folks here are very nice, and that we share more than just an LBT interest in common.  I am very glad I registered, for I would not have friends like y'all had I been a chicken :p.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I was looking for a torrent file which contained any and all of the LBT movies after my parents sent mine to my little cousin in Florida, which I eventually found, and then I saw on Youtube episodes of the LBT TV series. I believe Threehorn friended me and I didn't realize it was him until recently. Anyway, I then decided to look for a LBT forum, and I think I found LBTLover's website. Afterwards, I was persuaded to join some random LBT group on Youtube, and I think that's where I found the link to this site.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My discovery wasn't anything fancy. I really liked forums having been involved with them before, but they just didn't click as much as I'd hoped. Several months later, I decided to look for a Land Before Time forum, not knowing if any even existed. After searching awhile, I found the Gang of Five, but it was a long time later that I actually joined. Upon my first visit, I looked over some topics and decided that this probably would not be a very good forum for me to join. You see, so many of the posts were just too professional. Very difficult questions would come up, and so many people gave such well written, philosophical answers that completely covered the topic, so I felt, and still do sometimes, unworthy to contribute here. After so long, I figured, maybe I can't give amazing responses to posts like most of the others can, but maybe I could still try to be interesting with them at least. I figured some forums could use an amatuer in what they represent for normal answers, or something. Also, my hesitance was also due to the fact that I was aware that I would annoy lots of people here with my very long posts. I'm sorry about that. I have been that way my whole life. In high school, some teachers would even deduct points from my answers for being too long, in the same way they do that for answers that are too short. While I can never give an answer of the quality of someone like Malte279 for example, I thought I would add whatever I could, and since the people here seemed very friendly from the outside, I hoped that they'd accept my answers, regardless that I don't know The Land Before Time here as well as the scholars which make up a lot of people here. This place was easy enough to find, but difficult for people like me to feel they can add anything  good that someone here can't or hasn't already. Ands that's my story.